1000 plan, more or less.

girlygirl

Silver Member
Hi girls, and thanks for replying to me on the 'low cal spaghetti' thread!

I just ate a slice of wholemeal bread with a scrape of butter, topped with one mashed up medium banana. (Carbs! screams my VLCD-ing head - lol). My first piece of fruit since the start of the year, and it was yummy.

I still dare not weigh myself because I know what to expect. Yet already I find myself thinking, you could lose 8-10lbs between now and Friday 25th if you went back to SS-ing...

Instead I will have one or two CD meals each day and count calories for all other food consumed. I'll try to stick to around 800 cals most days, with a ceiling limit of 1000. If I exercise regularly I should get some kind of result, eventually.

I need to lose two more stones. It would be terrific to do it whilst phasing-in regular food, because this might boost my chances of maintaining.

Hiya GG

Just make sure you are getting enough vitamins, minerals and protein as 1 or 2 packs a day of Cambridge and 800 calories isn't going to be giving you safe nutrition.

Check out the Cambridge maintenance plans in the yellow book and look at the 1000 and 1200 menus for guidance.

M.

Thanks, Mike! I shall.

I'm taking a GOLD multivitamin and mineral supplement, as I used to do pre-CD, and will include a half-pint of semi-skimmed milk each day.

I'm still very much at the 'tinkering' stage, trying to eat sensibly but in small amounts - never easy.

Hi girlygirl,

Sounds good your plan and looks like your off to a good start and I would like to wish you the best of luck and I hope you do very well on it.

Love Mini xx

Hi GG

Thats so strange! I've just posted a message saying that I am going to start a 1000-1200 cal diet using CD packs. I felt really experimental as I didn't think anyone else was doing it...how great that you are trying it too.

If you want to try it together I'd be more than grateful for the support. How are you finding it so far?

Frumpster.x.

Instead I will have one or two CD meals each day and count calories for all other food consumed. I'll try to stick to around 800 cals most days, with a ceiling limit of 1000.
Strictly speaking, if you are calorie counting and not having all three shakes, it's not recommended that you go under 1,100 (though I'm sure 1,000 would be fine). You can make it up with some exercise though.

Your diet sounds good and healthy. Have loads of veg to fill you up.

BTW, banana (and apple) are really nice cooked in the microwave with a little cinnamon. Makes a change :)

Hi GG

Thats so strange! I've just posted a message saying that I am going to start a 1000-1200 cal diet using CD packs.

though I don't calorie count any more (well...not in a big way), I did this for ages when I had finished with CD. There are a few of us around. Madam Dotty, Vicky (canireallydothis...or something:D), so there's others with you :)

Cooeeee - I'm on CD1000 too!

Trying desperately to eat mainly veg and fruit and protein rather than 'wasting' cals on pasta etc. I've just cooked some tesco penne for the family and it's 270 cals for 70g.

Have you SEEN how SMALL 70g of penne blinking pasta is?

Just SO not worth it for a quarter of my daily calories!!

xxx

xxx

:D And they are so precious eh :D

Of course, having high protein and low carb will help with the hunger pangs, but personally, I didn't want this as any slight slip (generally named crisps or toast), can show an immediate gain on the scales. Besides that, if you are keeping low carb, you have to move up the steps eventually (carbwise) unless you want to stay low carb forever.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Of course, if you are doing CD1000 100% then you'll move up the steps with that anyway :)

You're right, of course but I can't cope with carbs like bread and pasta right now. They set off cravings for naughty bad stuff like a heroin junkie craving their next fix, so I'm trying hard to limit them very strictly. Too many..and it'll be another 6 months before I come out of the carb cave!

xxxxx

Fairy Nuff Issy. I remember being a carb junkie myself:eek:

There's a post about Asda low cal spaghetti. I'm going to try some, I didn't realise regular Pasta was so high in calories. Yikes!

Hi everyone. Nice to know that I'm far from alone!

I'll try that Asda low cal spaghetti soon. Might be yummy. I'm currently using up my supply of 50% carb reduced pasta - spaghetti and twirls - as they, too are lower in calories and have less of an impact on blood sugar.

I don't count calories slavishly, I don't weigh and measure, I just use my own judgement. Like most people here I am a walking calorie counter! When in doubt I check the label. I always estimate calorie totals 'up' rather than 'down'. I'm not one for following 'diet plans' ie meals and treats preselected and listed by a dietician or slimming club. I like to be more spontaneous.

I can't afford to have three CD meals each day plus regular food, so I will have one or, at most, two packs, each day. This will boost nutrition levels whilst leaving lots of 'spare' calories for supper and several portions of fresh fruit/veg. Raw food in particular is very good for health. When I eat lots of salad and fruit I generally experience a boost in energy and 'zing'.

It takes time to adjust from VLCD-ing to calorie counting. I know I will get impatient at the slower weight loss, but I've wanted to make the switch for a while. Ketosis just didn't seem to suit my body any more.

Good luck everyone, and thanks for posting.

Cooeeee - I'm on CD1000 too!

Trying desperately to eat mainly veg and fruit and protein rather than 'wasting' cals on pasta etc. I've just cooked some tesco penne for the family and it's 270 cals for 70g.

xxx

I hear ya! LOL.

The calorie values of some foods can be shocking. Makes you realise just how much extra energy you were taking in, day to day, without realising it.

But I just love pasta. Rice I can sacrifice, but not spaghetti and egg tagliatelli...

:D And they are so precious eh :D

Of course, having high protein and low carb will help with the hunger pangs, but personally, I didn't want this as any slight slip (generally named crisps or toast), can show an immediate gain on the scales. Besides that, if you are keeping low carb, you have to move up the steps eventually (carbwise) unless you want to stay low carb forever.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Of course, if you are doing CD1000 100% then you'll move up the steps with that anyway :)

I wanted to stop low-carbing, too, for the reasons you name.

It works as long as you avoid carbs! Obvious but true. But the huge post-cheat glycogen regains were depressing as well as worrying and as I've said elsewhere I'd come to view even fruit and vegetables as carb-laden enemies. I appreciate that this was my individual reaction, and may not pose a problem for others.

It will take much longer to lose my final two stones on 1000 than it would have on SS or 790 but at least I won't have to fret about every single non-protein foodstuff that passes my lips.

I won't have the security blanket of ketosis, but I will have much greater freedom of choice with regard to what I can and can't eat. Gotta give it a go, and see how I get on.

Well, it's Saturday evening, and all's well. So far!

I realise more with each passing day that I was right to switch plans. I feel much better than I did, say, two weeks ago.

Being able to eat fresh fruit again is a joy. I have two CD packs each day, then divide the remaining calories - and there are 700! - into milk allowance, dinner and maybe a supper snack.

I take a good, comprehensive multivitamin and mineral supplement and keep a careful eye on the nutritional value of all I eat.

I can't believe how 'free' I feel now. It's almost dizzying! Part of this freedom of course was won by SS-ing and thereby learning to cope without solid food for hours, days, weeks on end.

I hope to find out first hand that there is dieting life, and very enjoyable life, after SS.

Part of this freedom of course was won by SS-ing and thereby learning to cope without solid food for hours, days, weeks on end.

Very true. It certainly gives you that extra bit of confidence doesn't it :)

Oh, yes.

CD and SS-ing - plus 790-ing - made it all possible.

Not that I expect dieting to be easy from now on! It never is.

how do you find out how many calories you should have a day if you want to lose weight?

That Johnson upday downday diet webpage (sorry if I got the name wrong!) has a section that tells you how many calories you need, based on your weight now, your height and your level of activity.

How are we all doing, calorie counters?

I seem to be doing okay but not losing weight from what I can tell. Even so I looked at myself in the mirror today on my way out, in my fitting t-shirt and skirt, and thought, size 14 doesn't look too bad. I was double my present weight about six years ago, and three stones heavier than now last summer. I've come a long way, and so have most people here.

We deserve a huge pat on the back!

So it's all progress, and it's all worthwhile.

Back