2-3 dress sizes from April - August Challenge

Remind me all that next Sunday 6th June is my half way mark from when I started this diary (well im making it the sunday before that's when I first weighed in) and to the last weigh in before my holiday. I am going to give an update on when I first started trying to lose weight etc.

Then when I weigh in the sunday before I go on hol, which will be 8th August that will be the end of my challenge and will be able to tell if I have met my target :) I am so excited! lol xx

lol i did the same, also with my hip bones when laying in bed the other night i was like, woah thats uncomfortable, omg i have bones there :| lol

Hahaha that's so funny! :8855: xx

Well its friday at last! And I am being good tonight :)

I am driving to jackies tonight and picking up sarah, we are going to the sunbeds before jackies so i can build up a tolerance to the rays If I don't I will end up a lobster on hol! lol xx

No I am Never going back to spinning again, it was a nightmare

:8855::8855::8855:

I don't think it'd have been so bad the second time round. It was like when I first did a legs bums n tums workout. I could barely walk for the rest of that day and the next.

What is it they say? No pain no gain!!
:8855:

I am driving to jackies tonight and picking up sarah, we are going to the sunbeds before jackies so i can build up a tolerance to the rays If I don't I will end up a lobster on hol! lol xx

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse now 3stonetogo. This is going to save you the money on those sunbeds cos you won't be needing them where you're going. I'll do you a swap - your lovely holiday to Zante for my week in Scarborough. Now, how can you turn that down??;)

Oh Lucky Cat how can I ever turn down that offer?? lol

I am not usually an assertive person but unfortunatley this time I am going to have to say... em... NO! lol :)

I can't wait to go abroad! It has actually been years. Me and david have never been overseas together so will be really exciting, we are going with our friend Sarah and Russell too so will be fun! I can't wait! 11 weeks to go! Yay! :) xx

Lucky cat -I have an offer for you.....I'll swap you a week in Scarborough and you can have a week at my house looking after the kids.....can we do it now, as half term starts in about 30mins!!!! Please. How can you say no to that...?

xx

Thanks for your kind offer hchappyh but I will unfortunately have to decline. Half term has already started at my house but I only have the one to look after (and one's all I can cope with!) :8855:

Well Friday night over and was pretty good! Bought a wee can of smirnoff and cranberry juice which was nice. Also had some red bull so still kinda buzzing off it! lol Had a small slice of pepperoni pizza at Jackies that was an offer I couldn't refuse! lol

Sunbeds was a nice change felt quite good coming out. Went on for 6 minutes and am a tad burnt. Would have only went on for 3 but they don't do it at my place. Hopefully will not be as bad next time I go and hopefully will turn into a tan! :) xx

1lb off this week! :) Am happy with that as kinda expecting it to go slower as i lose the weight. I am now 13st 9lbs and wana lose another 3lbs for my bday on 17th June to be 13st 6lbs 2 weeks to go :)

Measured my hips this morning and am now 44ins! Was 47ins to start. Only a few more to go so I can fit into those jeans for hols! lol

This week's going okay. Was kinda thrown off track a bit on monday with david being off work. it was weird, completely lost my motivation when I got home I never went to the gym and had cous cous with my dinner as well. First time doing squats and dumbells this morning :)

Have been wearing my size 18 trousers to work which used to be too tight on me, now fit me fine and no muffin top! lol it is a good feeling to say that the 20's are now and truly behind me and in the past and feels so good that I have size 14 and 16 clothes in my wardrobe which I fit into! :) xx

Noone talking this week? lol Hope you are all having a good week :) It has been such a nice day up here in Scotland, been soo warm! xx

hello, just read your diary and saw you said youd not go back to spinning.. the first class is the worst - you find if you go back for the next one that you dont have anywhere near the issues you do with first class. I'm 15st and i go all the time and its really very good for your thighs which you work a lot in class :) xxx

Hi Kirsty, hope your ok lol.

Im pleased the 20's are well behind you! xx

hello, just read your diary and saw you said youd not go back to spinning.. the first class is the worst - you find if you go back for the next one that you dont have anywhere near the issues you do with first class. I'm 15st and i go all the time and its really very good for your thighs which you work a lot in class :) xxx

Aw thanks Rach! :)

I got such a fright after that spinning class, the saturday after it I could hardly even get out of bed and up and down the stairs it was a total nightmare and put me off. I don't know if it will be any different next time if I go I suppose I am slightly lighter than I am now and hopefully a bit fitter. It really would do my weight loss a world of good if I could just pluck up the courage to go back but tbh I am quite scared! lol xx

you probably had your resistance a bit high.. i was crippled for two weeks after my very first session, but on the second one i went back to (i will say it was about 6 months later as i did scare myself off too) i was just careful with the resistance and i still ached the next day but i could walk and sit and do everything i couldnt the time before :)

am just looking at your Zante countdown.. you are doing fab.. you must be getting excited now are you? who you going with? xxx

Measured my hips this morning and am now 44ins! Was 47ins to start. Only a few more to go so I can fit into those jeans for hols! lol

Have been wearing my size 18 trousers to work which used to be too tight on me, now fit me fine and no muffin top! lol it is a good feeling to say that the 20's are now and truly behind me and in the past and feels so good that I have size 14 and 16 clothes in my wardrobe which I fit into! :) xx

Morning u. I have absolutely no idea as to how wide my hips were before I started this!! I really wish now that I'd taken full measurements and done the dreaded 'before' photos but it never even crossed my mind at the time. Did you do any 'before' photos? I've got rid of almost all the clothes I had in a size 20+ to the charity shop but I had a rummage about last week and found an old skirt that I used to wear.

Well, me in this skirt is like one of those stereotypical weight loss pics you get in Womans Own or something, me holding the waistband right out to the side and you could virtually fit me AND my 13 year old son in there at the same time :8855: I can't believe I used to wear it, it's bloody huge :8855:

Clothes have never really interested me much - if it's comfy and looks ok then it'll do - but I'm starting to get as bad as you 3stonetogo! Every time I go shopping, even if it's food shopping, I find myself drifting into clothes shops. I don't often buy anything cos really I'm loathe to buy much more in a size 16 in case I drop down to a 14 (now wouldn't that be nice? :D)

The other day at work I was wearing a red summery cotton skirt and a tight black t-shirt and someone commented that my clothes were getting tighter and tighter and it's true! Not cos I'm getting lardy again, but I don't have to worry so much about hiding the flab and it's lovely :D:D:D

you probably had your resistance a bit high.. i was crippled for two weeks after my very first session, but on the second one i went back to (i will say it was about 6 months later as i did scare myself off too) i was just careful with the resistance and i still ached the next day but i could walk and sit and do everything i couldnt the time before :)

am just looking at your Zante countdown.. you are doing fab.. you must be getting excited now are you? who you going with? xxx

Thanks Rach, you know I might just be begging my friend to come back with me now, that was very reassuring :) The instructor controls what resistance we do and tells us when to change it etc. I had to sit down quite a lot, was v embarassed :(

Yeah I can't wait to go to Zante! I am going with my OH David and our friends Sarah and Russell. Is the first time me and David has been abroad together and are going with another couple so will be really good! :) can't wait! xx

Absolutely love that feeling, I've just been hanging a load of clothes in my wardrobe and realised that the size on a lot of the hangers is a size I never have to go back to :)

Morning u. I have absolutely no idea as to how wide my hips were before I started this!! I really wish now that I'd taken full measurements and done the dreaded 'before' photos but it never even crossed my mind at the time. Did you do any 'before' photos? I've got rid of almost all the clothes I had in a size 20+ to the charity shop but I had a rummage about last week and found an old skirt that I used to wear.

Well, me in this skirt is like one of those stereotypical weight loss pics you get in Womans Own or something, me holding the waistband right out to the side and you could virtually fit me AND my 13 year old son in there at the same time :8855: I can't believe I used to wear it, it's bloody huge :8855:

Clothes have never really interested me much - if it's comfy and looks ok then it'll do - but I'm starting to get as bad as you 3stonetogo! Every time I go shopping, even if it's food shopping, I find myself drifting into clothes shops. I don't often buy anything cos really I'm loathe to buy much more in a size 16 in case I drop down to a 14 (now wouldn't that be nice? :D)

The other day at work I was wearing a red summery cotton skirt and a tight black t-shirt and someone commented that my clothes were getting tighter and tighter and it's true! Not cos I'm getting lardy again, but I don't have to worry so much about hiding the flab and it's lovely :D:D:D

I always wish I'd done the 'before' photos and measurements too. It's clear where I've lost weight when I try on clothes from before I started, but I'd have liked to have some numbers to 'confirm' it to me really! Agree with you on the interest in clothes shopping too- it's lovely to be able to look at things and think that I can feel comfortable wearing them now (or if not now but in just a few short months), whereas before I'd have been thinking "what about my arms?", "what about my tummy?", etc. I still think that, but my options for items of clothing are increasing :)

Back