2-3 dress sizes from April - August Challenge

Hey yal lovely people! :)

Just back from shopping with david and was a really nice day out. Got myself a new dress for hol, size 18, 2 short skirts, size 18! woo a black vest top size 16 and a guns n roses t-shirt (16) from river island as I am planning on going for the rock chick look a couple of nights on hol! lol you have no idea how amazing it felt just to be able to actually try clothes on in river island. I absolutely loved that shop when I was younger and haven't been in years! When I used to go shopping with sarah and she'd look at all the clothes and I just used to kinda follow her about like a lost sheep as I wouldn't ever even think I could buy anything I liked I was like a lost sole and now it is just so amazing to be able to go in and try stuff on like a normal girl my age! lol I'm babbling on a bit, sorry just still buzzing a bit!!

Also done our food shopping and got a couple frozen tuna steaks and also some beef madalions. Also bought some wholemeal pasta and eggs so am feeling really positive for the week ahead I really want to lose that 2lbs for my birthday! :)

Sounds like you made some good purchases :) I think I know the Guns N' Roses t-shirt you mean, I've seen it on the website and I liked that one too. Best of luck this week :)

Thanks Rigby!:) yeah really like it, plus david made me get it too he's really into rock music n thinks the rock chick look suites me lol xx

ohh sounds fab babe! I've been like you previously, following my friends round, only being able to buy a bag or necklace. well never again!

ohh sounds fab babe! I've been like you previously, following my friends round, only being able to buy a bag or necklace. well never again!

I've normally avoided going shopping with friends, watching slim people by teeny-tiny outfits just wasn't worth the hassle. Also there are comments that people make without meaning to be hurtful- when I was a size 18 a friend was complaining to another girl about sizes that weren't very generous and that in one shop she had to buy a size 16. She didn't mean any harm to me by it, it's just the sort of thing people say without thinking, but it then leads to an uncomfortable moment for all involved :eek: The fact that she's a good five inches taller than me didn't help either :ashamed0005:

Aw yeah totally get that! Sarah is about a size 12, and annoys me so much when she talks about how fat ahe is, Im like hello you have nowhere near the amount to lose than I have! I am doing good though and hopefully will catch up with her by the time holiday comes! lol xx

Morning all! :) Got some jeans through from River Island yesterday, size 18 this time lol if they get too big by the time holiday comes I suppose I can wear them for travelling but we will see...

bran flakes for b/fast and squats and dumbells this morning! Gym last night and gym tonight. Going out Saturday night with the girls for my birthday can't wait. The dress I bought at the weekend is so nice I'm going to wear it for my night out lol it feels great wearing it and my legs definately are toning up as don't feel self concious at all showing my legs whereas before I would have had to wear tights to cover them up! lol it's great, it feels like I am getting back to when I was 16 and wore mini skirts out! lol xx

Hey all you lovely gorgeous boys and girls! lol

Well looks like all that mixing it up during the week has paid off! :) Weighed myself this morning and wait for it... I am 13st 2lbs! Which means 6lbs off! I could not beleive it! I have met my target and more for my birthday and guess what, only 9lbs left for my zante target!

I kind of should have known it was going to be a good loss this week. Yesterday when i went shopping with sarah my size 18 jeans which i bout a few weeks ago (they were only a fiver! :)) were literally falling off me! I had to walk about with 1 hand at the waist to keep them from falling down! lol i dont know why i complained about it because in my head i was secretly loving it! lol xx

My God!!! What a result!!!! :talk017:
That's an amazing loss, no wonder you're chuffed to bits. Fabulous! :happy036:

Thank you! :) I could not beleive it! lol

Hi Kirsty,

I go to spinning and I'm much bigger than you. If I can do it anyone can. Go and try it!

Tell the instructor you are new for a crash course in how to set up your bike and change resistance. Obviously being new, you don't want to overdo it with the resistance. Get a place near the door in case you need to leave. (Some newbies leave in the middle of the class). Remember, nobody in there cares and they are not looking at you. Just concentrate, find the rythm with the music, breathe in and out, and don't forget to stretch before and after the class. You will sweat buckets! take a towel and water - very important.

This is a great workout. It's Sunday now and I'm ready to go to a Spinning class now. I go 4 times a week. *I'd rather go everyday but I'm just taking it easy. Good luck! Promise me you'll go! x

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs
Week 4-8: 14lbs

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

I promise Groovy that I will go back, at least at some point in the near future! lol xx

15/06/10 - I am now about halfway through my challenge to get from a size 18/20 to a size 14/16 for my holiday to zante on 12th August 2010. My starting weight was 15stone and my current weight is now 13stone 2lbs. So I have lost 26lbs! :) My starting hip measurement was 47 inches and I am now 44 inches - that is a loss of 3 inches!

In my wardrobe I currently have no size 20 clothes, my old size 20 work trousers are far too big for me! I am also a comfortable size 18 in jeans and work trousers but really trying to get into the 16 jeans for hol which I bought! 1 pair of 18 jeans are getting too big now and another pair I recently bought from River Island are quite slack. I can now button up the size 16 short jeans but still have "muffin top" as Gok Wan would put it lol. In my wardrobe I also have size 14 dresses which fit me, size 14, 16 and 18 tops which fit.

I have discovered that I don't think I am ever going to be a perfect size anything as each shop you go into and try clothes on is different everytime. I mean, a size 14 dress from peacocks and a size 18 dress from new look both fit me perfectly, so how can I say what size I am?

I think it also depends on the style of clothes and what shops you go to... My aim just now is to fit into these size 16 jeans I have bought, am going to take before and after pics of me in these jeans lol, firstly with the muffin top and after when I am wearing them in sunny zante with (hopefully) no flab hanging out! lol xx

You are doing great! Well done!! I am so jealous!

Why different shops have different sizes? it's annoying, they should be all the same size. Who should we write to about this? Something needs changing.

Week 4-9: 15.5lbs

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

You are doing great! Well done!! I am so jealous!

Why different shops have different sizes? it's annoying, they should be all the same size. Who should we write to about this? Something needs changing.

Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Yeah you are right it is annoying! Even the tops I have bought from River Island vary, I bought 2 tops at a size 14, one looks a big 14 and the other looks like a size 8, but thankfully it is stretchy! lol now when I am shopping I stand back and look at the item of clothing as I find you get a better idea by looking at it as to whether it will fit or not and then look at what size it is

now when I am shopping I stand back and look at the item of clothing as I find you get a better idea by looking at it as to whether it will fit or not and then look at what size it is

Couldn't agree with you more. Sizes vary SO much although I have yet to get into a 14. Not that I've tried though in all honesty. I think that the style of the item has a lot to do with it. I popped into Matalan this afty (i'm a cheapskate ;)) to look at t-shirts and summer tops. Ooh, I tell you it was a nice feeling being able to walk past the Rogers + Rogers outsize section rather than head straight to it :D

Anyway, I digress. What I was going to say was that judging by looking at things on the hangers, I could have got into a 10 in some of the tops if they were a looser, floatier style.

It's a weird thing though, because after spending years looking for looser, baggier styles, I veer away from them now and try and get fitted clothes as I've realised now that baggy clothes only serve to make you look fatter.

That is interesting Lucky Cat. I wonder if when I lose all the extra weight I will enjoy going shopping. At the moment I hate shopping for clothes!

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Hey all! thanks for the messages! I am having such a weekend! David took me on a gondola ride up Ben Nevis and at the top found a perfect spot where he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I was in complete shock!!! Still am! the ring is absolutely gorgeous I couldnt have chose better myself! Will have to put up pix later. will be back later, am off now to have another romantic day, but will update properly later, just wanted you all to know! lol xx

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wOw! that's so romantic! Can you tell David to speak to my boyfriend for some tips? We've been together for 10 years now. When are you getting married?? You will be a beautiful wife!

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Hey all! thanks for the messages! I am having such a weekend! David took me on a gondola ride up Ben Nevis and at the top found a perfect spot where he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I was in complete shock!!! Still am! the ring is absolutely gorgeous I couldnt have chose better myself! Will have to put up pix later. will be back later, am off now to have another romantic day, but will update properly later, just wanted you all to know! lol xx

OMG! OMG! OMG! Big congratulations, that's fabulous news. How romantic is your beloved, eh? That really is brilliant. I am so pleased for you xxx
:talk017:

Back