2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

Thank you! I struggled last night as well! you need to keep posting and that will get you things like a longer signature and an avatar (photo) and stuff.

Whats you story Katie? not sure if I've missd your introduction at all! x

Sorry I didn't introduce myself, Im 24 and have a beautiful daughter, she is 7. I have been on and off this diet for the past 4 years, before that it was Lighter Life. When i first started LL when I was 18 I lost almost 6 stone, going from a size 22 to a size 10/12 and I felt fantastic, but unfortunately didn't stick to maintanence, which is the problem I've had with CD for the past 4 years, I do great and lose the weight but dont stick to it once I've reached my goal. I am maid of honour at my best friends wedding 11 weeks on friday, my dress is currently a size 16 but would love it to be a comfy 12/14. How about you? xx

morning ladies. im feeling quite optimistic about today for some reason.
whether it will last the entire day remains to be seen but so far so good.
welcome katie. ur doing great with getting around this site. u will soon find it a much less daunting experience. :D

Hello my 2 week goal is 10lbs might be a bit optimisic lol

Grrr struggle struggle struggle... Having some severe mental cravings! X

No... Only seen the film!

Not overly into fantasy only just managed to watch half of the Lord if the Rings film! Did love a bit of the Harry Potter books though! Another guilty pleasure! Can't wait till the little man is about 6 so I can start to read them with him!

Got a cup of tea now and the craving is subsiding a little!

What other genres do you like? I love crime, romance and a good autobiography as long as the person who has written it is interesting!

X

sorry went mia last night hun oh was telling me off for constantly bein on computer while in bed :p glad it kept you from eating :D i tend to stick with crime and chick lit tbh have got the gok wan autobiography lol got it as he lost alot of weight in short amount of time he was a big lad! only half way through atm mind. i love agatha christie books (and all of the programmes poirot, miss marple etc) bit of a saddo me really :cool:

im in the closing chapters of writing my first full length book myself which im hoping to get published early next year. was hoping to get it out there before christmas but that isnt going to happen now, so next year it is.
ive done small publishings before but this is my first full length book.
i write childrens comedy adventure books.
The one im working on is called ' The Gilly Golly Gandy' so keep your eyes open ladies :D

all im gonna say is jealous jealous jealous and wow (me jealous never :p)

That's cool, no worries!

Considering having an SS+ meal tonight, what do people think? The mental food cravings are horrific today :-(

Not going to make any rash decisions though, going to go home in about 10 mins and have a tomato soup (my hungry fall back sachet!) and see if that makes a difference, if come 18:30 I've still got the cravings then I'll consider the meal, does that sound like a good idea? Literally having to take things hour by hour at the moment! X

Good 'moaning'! Was that a typo or meant to be like that?! Either way I like it! Sometimes I think all I bloody do on this diet is moan!!

I'm showing my age here I think - that's a line from 'Allo, Allo', said by the English secret agent who's pretending to be a French policeman but who has an appalling French accent, translated back into English. Did that make sense :confused:? I guess you had to be there! It really wasn't meant to be a reflection of the thread, honest!

Cheryl I'm so impressed that you write. I have an 8 year old, so your book sounds just about right for her (should you require a test/proof reader) ;)

I love to read and always have a stack of books by the side of the bed. I'm a founder member of a book club of school mums which has been going for nearly six years. We try to read all genres ranging from Chick lit right through to the classics. We did the Dragon Tattoo last year loved it and I've read both follow-ups which were equally good.

Off to boil the kettle for a cuppa. Catch all you lovely ladies later.

C x

Ooh Emma - just want to say well done on your loss this week. That's great. Be strong!!!

C x

Thank you and not showing your age! I totally remember allo allo!!! X

That's cool, no worries!

Considering having an SS+ meal tonight, what do people think? The mental food cravings are horrific today :-(

Not going to make any rash decisions though, going to go home in about 10 mins and have a tomato soup (my hungry fall back sachet!) and see if that makes a difference, if come 18:30 I've still got the cravings then I'll consider the meal, does that sound like a good idea? Literally having to take things hour by hour at the moment! X

Ive been thinking of moving to ss+ and see how i find it might be nice to have something to look forward too! its the extra pennies though :sigh: if you think it will help you hun go ahead, my cwp says if your really hungry then have a fourth pack but then she would at 1.80 a pack haha.

Ive been thinking of moving to ss+ and see how i find it might be nice to have something to look forward too! its the extra pennies though :sigh: if you think it will help you hun go ahead, my cwp says if your really hungry then have a fourth pack but then she would at 1.80 a pack haha.

£1.80! I wish! Mine are £2.20 each! and my tetras are £2.50! costs me a fortune!

Have had a soup now and a cup of tea and feel a little better, the cravings are subsiding. Have packed the OH and the Little Man off to the kitchen to bake biscuits (sweet stuff doesn't bother me at all so I have no problem with them mking them!) It'll keep them occupied whilst I rest for a little and catch up on The Apprentice!

Its very expensive if you add on SS+ food on to the CD stuff :-( but my two tend to eat that stuff anyway (they don't really get a choice!) so it's not too bad for me!

Are you struggling with SS then hun?

xxx

£1.80! I wish! Mine are £2.20 each! and my tetras are £2.50! costs me a fortune!

Have had a soup now and a cup of tea and feel a little better, the cravings are subsiding. Have packed the OH and the Little Man off to the kitchen to bake biscuits (sweet stuff doesn't bother me at all so I have no problem with them mking them!) It'll keep them occupied whilst I rest for a little and catch up on The Apprentice!

Its very expensive if you add on SS+ food on to the CD stuff :-( but my two tend to eat that stuff anyway (they don't really get a choice!) so it's not too bad for me!

Are you struggling with SS then hun?

xxx

im just struggling in general atm hun, me mentalness is here big style and i cannot shake it, usually turn straight to food when it looms but i have absolutely no coping method at the minute- trying to keep strong and off to my oa meeting for the first time in a while tomorrow night, think its time i got a sponsor and took the steps seriously, i cannot go on like this. if i had the energy to get out of bed i think ide kill someone for a pizza lol xx

im just struggling in general atm hun, me mentalness is here big style and i cannot shake it, usually turn straight to food when it looms but i have absolutely no coping method at the minute- trying to keep strong and off to my oa meeting for the first time in a while tomorrow night, think its time i got a sponsor and took the steps seriously, i cannot go on like this. if i had the energy to get out of bed i think ide kill someone for a pizza lol xx

Oh hun, Maybe it is a good idea to go to your OA meeting. Surely doing that alongside taking control of your life with Cambridge is going to be a good thing.

Is there anything that you can think of to use as a coping mechanism? writing, drawing, reading, keeping a diary?

I keep a graph of my moods, I've got 1-10 and each number is a different mood, I then take the date and the mood and create a bar graph, its interesting when you look back on the month, it also acts as a distraction to your mood and a visual representation of your state of mind.

x x x

Oh hun, Maybe it is a good idea to go to your OA meeting. Surely doing that alongside taking control of your life with Cambridge is going to be a good thing.

Is there anything that you can think of to use as a coping mechanism? writing, drawing, reading, keeping a diary?

I keep a graph of my moods, I've got 1-10 and each number is a different mood, I then take the date and the mood and create a bar graph, its interesting when you look back on the month, it also acts as a distraction to your mood and a visual representation of your state of mind.

x x x

oh was off last week so my anxiety with him here been quite low as ive used to having him around and he has gone back to work this week and i think thats whats affected me the most as usually im in a routine of him only having his two days off (which arent usually together) and just need to get myself busy. got me books from library yesterday in preparation for times like this but me concentration is zilch atm. God ide kill for some toast - bit random i know! ive got so much i need to do, doggies need another walk, house is a complete tip and i mean that im so embarrassed by it but i just wanna hide in bed :cry: im just so drained.

oh was off last week so my anxiety with him here been quite low as ive used to having him around and he has gone back to work this week and i think thats whats affected me the most as usually im in a routine of him only having his two days off (which arent usually together) and just need to get myself busy. got me books from library yesterday in preparation for times like this but me concentration is zilch atm. God ide kill for some toast - bit random i know! ive got so much i need to do, doggies need another walk, house is a complete tip and i mean that im so embarrassed by it but i just wanna hide in bed :cry: im just so drained.

My house has been like that since I lost my Nan in January...I don't let people round because I am so embarrassed sometimes but I have just started to get there one room at a time and when I don't feel like doing it then i don't. Its that simple.

I hate it when the OH is around and then goes back to work my mood always goes down. Work slowly at getting back into your routine babe, it will come, I promise x

My house has been like that since I lost my Nan in January...I don't let people round because I am so embarrassed sometimes but I have just started to get there one room at a time and when I don't feel like doing it then i don't. Its that simple.

I hate it when the OH is around and then goes back to work my mood always goes down. Work slowly at getting back into your routine babe, it will come, I promise x

thanks hun, feels good having people who understand what im going through it really does, gonna get me head down for an hour and hope i wake up with a bit more energy, will speak to you later - hope the rest of your day is good and you enjoy your ss+ meal xx

evening ladies.
ive just spent the last 4 hours searching for properties :jelous:. if i look at one more front door i will scream.
we are in a council house at the moment ( and mine is a complete tip too btw :eek: ).
we have a 3 bed house which is a fair size to be honest BUT in the last 2 years we have gone from a family of 4 (me , hubby and 2 sons ) to a family of 7 because my eldest sons girlfriend moved in a 18 months ago after falling pregnant and has since had my adorable grandson (who will be one this sunday) and now we also have a private foster son (my youngest sons friend who was basically thrown out of his home by his mother 'using the term mother loosely here').
so now there are 7 of us in a 3 bedroom house and its just soooo claustraphobic. oh, and we also have a dog and 3 cats which i couldnt possibly part with :(.
so, we are in desperate need for at least a 4 bedroom house. problem is 4 bedroom houses dont come up for grabs very often. im so tired of looking and finding dead ends.

it seems like today is a bit of a low mood day for a lot of people.
i hope u feel better after some rest fearless :hug99:
ur doing great emma. i think u are stronger than u realise. u r very obviously struggling right now and yet, for the most part u are fighting off those demons.
wish i were so strong
i have my weigh in tomorrow and omg, im still fighting the urge to cancel. i think ive probably gained about 3lbs. im expecting tears tomorrow. :rolleyes:

evening ladies.
ive just spent the last 4 hours searching for properties :jelous:. if i look at one more front door i will scream.
we are in a council house at the moment ( and mine is a complete tip too btw :eek: ).
we have a 3 bed house which is a fair size to be honest BUT in the last 2 years we have gone from a family of 4 (me , hubby and 2 sons ) to a family of 7 because my eldest sons girlfriend moved in a 18 months ago after falling pregnant and has since had my adorable grandson (who will be one this sunday) and now we also have a private foster son (my youngest sons friend who was basically thrown out of his home by his mother 'using the term mother loosely here').
so now there are 7 of us in a 3 bedroom house and its just soooo claustraphobic. oh, and we also have a dog and 3 cats which i couldnt possibly part with :(.
so, we are in desperate need for at least a 4 bedroom house. problem is 4 bedroom houses dont come up for grabs very often. im so tired of looking and finding dead ends.

Three of us live in a tiny two bed flat which can also get claustrophobic! we had to move here for financial reasons and moved my 1 bed flat and the OH's three bed house into here! I've got bloody furniture everywhere!! x

we have me and hubby in one room, son, gf and baby (ages 19,19 and 1) in second room and son and foster son (ages 17 and 15) in a boxroom.
not to mention that our living room is only big enough for a 3 seater and a 2 seater. thats 5 seats for 7 people. we simply cant sit in here as a family. it just doesnt work. we cant even eat together.
its getting worse and worse as time goes on.
i cant even put everyones clothes away cause we have no room for extra drawers or wardrobes upstairs.
its beyond a joke, it really is.:(

Back