2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

i only have one flavour shake as well. i only have chocolate tetras. i find it much easier to be honest.
i used to have a variety of shakes but with just the chocolate tetras
a) i can just grab it and leave the dreaded kitchen.
b) i dont spend any time deciding what flavour to have. no thought process needed. just walk in , grab from fridge and leave. lol

as for the beck book, i have it and have so far found it to be a real eye opener and if u have 'the works bookshop' nearby they sell it there for £2.99 ( i also paid £6.99 before i found it in 'the works'):rolleyes:

i only have one flavour shake as well. i only have chocolate tetras. i find it much easier to be honest.
i used to have a variety of shakes but with just the chocolate tetras
a) i can just grab it and leave the dreaded kitchen.
b) i dont spend any time deciding what flavour to have. no thought process needed. just walk in , grab from fridge and leave. lol

as for the beck book, i have it and have so far found it to be a real eye opener and if u have 'the works bookshop' nearby they sell it there for £2.99 ( i also paid £6.99 before i found it in 'the works'):rolleyes:

hello me lover ;) u had a good day hun? thanks for the tip about the book next time im in sunderland will nip into the works and have a look for it! i think we still have one anyway, havent been for a long while.

i only have chocolate packs (sachets not tetras) ive never tried any of the tetras i just know i wouldnt like them lol. i dont eat me choc sachet for enjoyment just get it down cos i have to! im starving all day then as soon as it comes round to have sachet number one all of a sudden im full up before having it :rolleyes: moan about til its all the way down i do lol now funny thing is if you put a kfc in front of me dont think ide get same feelin :8855:

Arrgh don't mention kfc!!! That's what I fell off the wagon with! All that chickeny loveliness! (that actually didn't taste all that good by the time I finished it!)

Had some major food cravings earlier, but managed to squish them down and have seen the evening through till now, am feeling loads better now... Did some writing and slept and spoke to my Mum and I felt better, realised that I'd been to see my Nan's grave last thing yesterday and cried before I went to bed (we only lost her on 21st January this year and I worshipped the ground she walked on) so maybe that's what led me in to an episode... Just theorising!

Managed to hit over 3 litres of water today which is good so hopefully they'll be a difference tomorrow! I'll let you all know xxxx

Arrgh don't mention kfc!!! That's what I fell off the wagon with! All that chickeny loveliness! (that actually didn't taste all that good by the time I finished it!)

Had some major food cravings earlier, but managed to squish them down and have seen the evening through till now, am feeling loads better now... Did some writing and slept and spoke to my Mum and I felt better, realised that I'd been to see my Nan's grave last thing yesterday and cried before I went to bed (we only lost her on 21st January this year and I worshipped the ground she walked on) so maybe that's what led me in to an episode... Just theorising!

Managed to hit over 3 litres of water today which is good so hopefully they'll be a difference tomorrow! I'll let you all know xxxx

well done on pushing through today hun, we are always gonna get good and bad days same as usual but its how we deal with them from now on thats gonna get us through this diet and change our attitudes for good. keep up the good work!

Fearless xx

i must admit i really enjoy my chocolate tetras.
i slurp on it way after it is empty, usually until someone in the house gives me the ' mum , thats very annoying' look and then i reluctantly throw the carton in the bin. lol
i have had a lousy 2 days. havent managed to get back on plan as easily as i had hoped.
i get through til about 5 or 6pm with 2 tetras and then somehow i fail in the evening.
i have mini binged in the evening for the last 3 days (stupid, i know).
hoping going to OA tomorrow will be a step towards dealing with that as i am sabotaging myself so much and wasting money along the way. not to mention that i dont have the time to keep messing about like this. just dont seem to have the control i thought i could have.
i will do it though, somehow i will.
i get weighed on thursday. now then, my usual pattern at times like these is that because i know there is likely to be a gain (albeit mostly glycogen stores) i would cancel my weigh in (check out my losses below and u will see my 'no weigh ins' :rolleyes: and make appointment for next week instead so i have chance to claw that weight loss back again, but this time im not going to allow myself to do that. this time im going to face my failure and try to learn from the shame of it.
perhaps this tactic will prevent the same happening next week and i will actually get the weight loss i KNOW i am capable of.

ya know, i find it so hard to admit to u anyone that ive failed, had a blip, binged etc.
even u lovely ladies. i considered saying ive had a great few days but when i weigh in the truth will be there plain to see and i wouldnt lie about my losses.
funny how my secret eating even affects internet relationships. :sigh:
the more i try to tackle my weight through cd the more aware of how severe my lack of control really is.

ya know, i find it so hard to admit to u anyone that ive failed, had a blip, binged etc.
even u lovely ladies. i considered saying ive had a great few days but when i weigh in the truth will be there plain to see and i wouldnt lie about my losses.
funny how my secret eating even affects internet relationships. :sigh:
the more i try to tackle my weight through cd the more aware of how severe my lack of control really is.

thankyou for being so honest cheryl, i think you are so brave i really do. in the past i have been on forums and binged along the way and instead of admitting it i have lied about my losses *hangs head in shame* hoping to claw it back the next week but when ive been unable to get back in control just left the forum too ashamed to admit ide lied, i really dont want to do that this time- i want to have it all out there for the world to see, its not easy and i will blip but this time i will be honest about it and i will finish what ive started! im also going to my oa meeting on thursday although i havent blipped (yet) i can feel myself slipping and need to get some strength back. xx

i dont see myself as brave at all. :rolleyes:
funny how cd shows u where u go so wrong.
i havent been entirely honest with my mum (who i am very close to) and due to my recent low losses and my low mood (more to do with my home life than anything else ) she suggested to me yesterday that i should give it a few more weeks and if i dont lose more than 2lbs a week i should go back on sw where i used to lose 1-2lbs (if i stuck to it).
however, if i went back on sw now i wouldnt be anywhere near my goal by october so i wont be doing that for sure.
i know i can make this work. i just need to stop feeding my misery with food that makes me more miserable.

i dont see myself as brave at all. :rolleyes:
funny how cd shows u where u go so wrong.
i havent been entirely honest with my mum (who i am very close to) and due to my recent low losses and my low mood (more to do with my home life than anything else ) she suggested to me yesterday that i should give it a few more weeks and if i dont lose more than 2lbs a week i should go back on sw where i used to lose 1-2lbs (if i stuck to it).
however, if i went back on sw now i wouldnt be anywhere near my goal by october so i wont be doing that for sure.
i know i can make this work. i just need to stop feeding my misery with food that makes me more miserable.

i know with the wedding coming up the pressure will be mounting and it will be constantly in your head but try not to get too hung up about the numbers and try not to think too far ahead, take it day by day and every day you are binge free will be a big achievement. maybe take a week off from cdiet and try sticking to meal plan that you set might give you a bit of a boost being able to have food and reassess how you are feeling mentally, especially with oa meeting dont want to push yourself too far too soon.

It would be lovely if i could say with all honestly that since finding oa i would never binge again but i would be lying, one day perhaps this will be possible but even when i complete oa's twelve step programme (like being an alcoholic) you will always be an overeater but a recovering one and you will go longer and longer between binges until hopefully you dont have another one, there is hope hun so dont despair- i have been this way for twenty fours years its gonna take some time to get to where i want to be both mentally and physically so dont beat yourself up about the blips, as long as you can say you have tried your best each day that is what matters the most. If it was that easy we'd all be skinny and menatlly sound :cool:

Grr... I'm hungry... Tempted to have an SS+ meal... Its sooo late to eat though!

Emma1904 said:
Grr... I'm hungry... Tempted to have an SS+ meal... Its sooo late to eat though!

I just almost caved cos I wanted something to munch on! Had 2 celery sticks and feel fine afterwards now. It's late at night that I find the hardest and the past 2 nights I've almost reached for something bad and the celery has kept me on track haha

do u think you could get to sleep hun or are you wide awake? if you really need it then better an ss+ meal than falling off and having kfc :p have you thought about going on the ss+ plan instead of ss i hear the losses are pretty much the same as ss.

I just almost caved cos I wanted something to munch on! Had 2 celery sticks and feel fine afterwards now. It's late at night that I find the hardest and the past 2 nights I've almost reached for something bad and the celery has kept me on track haha

good lass lol is celery allowed on ss+ im not really familiar with all the foods on it?

Fearless said:
good lass lol is celery allowed on ss+ im not really familiar with all the foods on it?

Yeah you're allowed it on SS+ so it wouldn't do any damage on SS either if you're struggling. I really love it raw too and it's got a satisfying crunch haha. I once read you burn more calories eating celery than there are in the actual celery but i dunno how much truth there is in that haha!

Wide awake unfortunately!!!

Did do SS+ for a while but found that it made me slip up a bit more... I'm going to try and hold out, might go and brush my teeth and see if that helps! Got WI tomorrow so am desperate to hold out!! X

Yeah you're allowed it on SS+ so it wouldn't do any damage on SS either if you're struggling. I really love it raw too and it's got a satisfying crunch haha. I once read you burn more calories eating celery than there are in the actual celery but i dunno how much truth there is in that haha!
yeah its a negative calorie food its true lol. shame it tastes yuck :p

Emma1904 said:

Did do SS+ for a while but found that it made me slip up a bit more... I'm going to try and hold out, might go and brush my teeth and see if that helps! Got WI tomorrow so am desperate to hold out!! X

You'll feel so much better for your weigh in tomorrow if you hold out. Try and keep yourself distracted until you can get to sleep

get yourself a cuppa (no milk :cool:) or big glass of water before you brush your teeth hun, might trick your brain into feeling full xx

Back