2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

I have a strong dislike for celery!! Cucumber on the other hand! Num num num! Thought I may paint my nails and if I'm still craving after then I'll have some tuna and cucumber.

I love it it's one of my favourite vegetables haha!!!

saddo :cool: i love onions *drools* not allowed them on ss+ i dont think too many carbs :cry:

Or paint my nails and then see if I can find something else to distract me further, might go to bed and read a book, got the new one that Dawn French wrote for Xmas and haven't even started it yet!

Or paint my nails and then see if I can find something else to distract me further, might go to bed and read a book, got the new one that Dawn French wrote for Xmas and haven't even started it yet!

just been to library today and got the three nicci french books i havent read yet, hoping they can keep me distracted when tempted to cheat! have you heard of nicci french? books are soooooooooooooooooo good!

Yeah I've got one but haven't read it yet, my mum is a retired librarian so she recommends all the good ones!

I'm a big fan of John Grisham got most of his and my guilty pleasure is virtually all chick lit! I own over 500 books but since having the little man and OH move in with me I've read virtually nothing! Might go to the library tomorrow and see if there's anything good or dig out some old favourites! I love books and have just applied to work in the library part time! Would be brilliant if I got it!

What other authors do you like? X

Yeah I've got one but haven't read it yet, my mum is a retired librarian so she recommends all the good ones!

I'm a big fan of John Grisham got most of his and my guilty pleasure is virtually all chick lit! I own over 500 books but since having the little man and OH move in with me I've read virtually nothing! Might go to the library tomorrow and see if there's anything good or dig out some old favourites! I love books and have just applied to work in the library part time! Would be brilliant if I got it!

What other authors do you like? X

ive got so many books its unreal the past couple of years had problems with me concentration levels but getting right bacvk into them all now. for me chick fix ive got sophie kinsella, cecilia ahearn, adele parks, oh loves fantasy books but im not really into them. wanted to get the girl with the dragon tattoo today but they were all on loan :( have you read that one?

No... Only seen the film!

Not overly into fantasy only just managed to watch half of the Lord if the Rings film! Did love a bit of the Harry Potter books though! Another guilty pleasure! Can't wait till the little man is about 6 so I can start to read them with him!

Got a cup of tea now and the craving is subsiding a little!

What other genres do you like? I love crime, romance and a good autobiography as long as the person who has written it is interesting!

X

im in the closing chapters of writing my first full length book myself which im hoping to get published early next year. was hoping to get it out there before christmas but that isnt going to happen now, so next year it is.
ive done small publishings before but this is my first full length book.
i write childrens comedy adventure books.
The one im working on is called ' The Gilly Golly Gandy' so keep your eyes open ladies :D

Omg! That's amazing! I'm so jealous! I'd love to write for a living! Sadly I am a brilliant factual writer but fiction tends to allude me! Give me a subject or a topic and Ivan write you a book, play or poem on it but actually making it up myself! Just can't do it!

What age group is it aimed at? X

its quite a wide ranged genre to be honest. aiming at the 5-9 years but i have been advised that it will easily blend in with genres ranging from 4-11 and even some adults would enjoy the ironic tones and comedy elements.
its been nicely described as a cross between Harry Potter and Alice in Wonderland which i thought was rather flattering to say the least. :).
Without going into too much detail it is loosely about 2 boys who befriend a magical creature, a creature who is responsible for helping children when their parents and guardians arent able to
ie: he is the one who wakes a child when he has a nightmare, he puts the feeling in ur tummy when u are about to do something naughty, etc etc.

That sound brilliant! My little man would love it! When is it published? I want to buy one now! Lol x

Well finally in bed and I totally held out! It best be good news tomorrow! X

Morning ladies, just caught up on the threads since last night. I've been taking myself off to bed earlyish to read rather than sit and watch stuff on TV that doesn't really interest me as that's when I start to think about snacking.

Will post more later, but have to do the whole shower/breakfast/'encourage' DD to do music practice etc, etc type stuff and we have to leave in an hour - eek.

Just wanted to wish everyone good moaning and am sending you all positive thoughts for the day ahead.

C x

Good 'moaning'! Was that a typo or meant to be like that?! Either way I like it! Sometimes I think all I bloody do on this diet is moan!!

Well my scales are saying 16.1 1/2 this morning, CDC's will show me as heavier they always do but she has new scales that I only used for the first time last week so can't remember how much heavier they weigh me, I think it's about a pound which would mean I've only lost about 2 lbs but nevermind! A loss is a loss! I just think that it means I won't hit my May target of 14lbs! I suppose I do need to keep in mind that I've done about 4 hours of strenuous exercise in the last week which I don't normally do!

I lost no inches last week so fingers crossed for some today!

Hope you are all well x

whats your two week goal katie? xx

I would like to lose 10lb in 2 weeks :). fingers crossed. I hope ive sent this reply in the right place, im so not computer literate haha. xx

I would like to lose 10lb in 2 weeks :). fingers crossed. I hope ive sent this reply in the right place, im so not computer literate haha. xx

You've got it! see you can do computers!

Well ladies... I lost 3.4lbs! bearing in mind my fall of the wagon on sat night I am pleased with this! inch loss wasn't as much as I'd like but nevermind, i'll keep going with the exercise, it's good for me! :D

Lets all work to a 100% day today! How is everyone going so far? x

Well done, thats great :). I feel fine today so far, was really hungry last night and couldn't get on my laptop to get some encouragement from you guys, however i didn't cave and just went to bed instead.

Do I have to get points on here to upload a pic? *confused face*

thanks everyone. Good luck for today. xx

Well done, thats great :). I feel fine today so far, was really hungry last night and couldn't get on my laptop to get some encouragement from you guys, however i didn't cave and just went to bed instead.

Do I have to get points on here to upload a pic? *confused face*

thanks everyone. Good luck for today. xx

Thank you! I struggled last night as well! you need to keep posting and that will get you things like a longer signature and an avatar (photo) and stuff.

Whats you story Katie? not sure if I've missd your introduction at all! x

Back