2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

we have me and hubby in one room, son, gf and baby (ages 19,19 and 1) in second room and son and foster son (ages 17 and 15) in a boxroom.
not to mention that our living room is only big enough for a 3 seater and a 2 seater. thats 5 seats for 7 people. we simply cant sit in here as a family. it just doesnt work. we cant even eat together.
its getting worse and worse as time goes on.
i cant even put everyones clothes away cause we have no room for extra drawers or wardrobes upstairs.
its beyond a joke, it really is.:(

Oh hun, its so depressing sometimes isn't it :-(

precisely.
our foster son has issues from his past to begin with. he is a self harmer and is currently in the process of evaluation for bi-polar disorder.
my youngest son has an ongoing heart problem and after 6 years of blacking out they have just decided to send him back for another epilepsy evaluation.
i cant go from one room to another without a bombarding of questions.
i feel like im totally trapped in this house. this house, my prison.
and on top of this im trying hard not to turn to food. i must be insane. :confused:

Cheryl I think you are doing so well, you're alot stronger than me, I would most definately cave in. Well done. xx

I think you ladies are doing incredibly well with the issues you are dealing with and my thoughts are with you. It makes me realise how fortunate I am despite my recent spine injury.

I hope it will make you feel better to know my house is an absolute pit at the moment too. I can only manage superficial cleaning at the moment and am even embarrassed that Kids have friends coming over tomorrow after school and that they'll think we live in a scuzzy house. DH is great - working long hours and then coming home to prepare meals for him ad kids so I don't have to worry about or be around food and is doing garden/jobs and running kids around all weekend. I really don't think I can ask or expect him to do more.

On another note, I've just found out why you shouldn't put the soups in a shaker. :D. OMG - what a mess!!! DH did have to help out with that one as I had to completely strip off right down to my knicks and put all my clothes in the washing machine - even my bra and jump in the shower! Fortunately I had left the water to cool before I added the soup so it wasn't too hot. :doh:

I've also had a soup/blender problem!!!!

Decided to have an SS+ meal tonight, had some tuna and lettuce. It was very yummy and it has now done me for the week, so SS from now on till next weigh in.

I'm thinking of doing this, on my weigh in day have myself a yummy SS+ meal (may have one egg omelette and celeriac next time!) and then SS'ing for the rest of the week, although I don't want to get into the 'treat' mentality I think that this will work to help keep me on plan, what do people think? X

i can only really advise u from my own personal experience. u may well be different.
the first time i did ss was 3 years ago.
after about 11 weeks i decided to have an ss+ meal of chicken and lettuce.
i did and really enjoyed it , even for a tiny meal it was very satisfying.
i then decided that every weigh in day i was going to have that chicken and lettuce ss+ meal .
in my case, it was a bad move and i really wish i had never had that thought process at all.
since then and every time i have restarted on cd ( this is my 3rd attempt ), i dont seem to be able to get to the evening of my weigh in without eating but now i have a meal of chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and egg.
this is wayyyyyy too much and i know it.
sadly that little 'treat' of the ss+ meal lost its appeal and got less and less like a 'treat' so i added a little cucumber, then tomato ( not even allowed on ss+), then egg, then cheese (tut tut tut, very bad).
whilst it felt like a treat it was great but over time i needed more and more to feel the satisfaction i felt i needed from a treat.
perhaps it is more due to my compulsive eating and secretive eating but to this day i really wish i hadnt even considered treating myself with any form of food.
however, im sure for some people it would work. i really wish i were one of them.

I think that's probably a good idea if it will satisfy your need to eat proper food. If it doesn't work then maybe it would be worth considering going onto SS+ or going back to strict SS. For me, I think one meal a week would be the 'thin end of the wedge' and I would just want more but, as I've said before, I'm an all or nothing kind of gal.

C x

Hmmm maybe I shouldn't pre-plan any SS+ days, I've always been of the opinion that SS or SS+ isn't that much different from each other, maybe I'll plod along in SS and if I fancy an SS+ meal then I'll have one.

For me allowing a little flexibility within the strict guidelines allows me to keep on track, so if I SS+ when I feel like it then maybe I'll keep abreast of it, when I think like this I tend to find that I forget and go over a week without pulsing anyway! X

Hmmm maybe I shouldn't pre-plan any SS+ days, I've always been of the opinion that SS or SS+ isn't that much different from each other, maybe I'll plod along in SS and if I fancy an SS+ meal then I'll have one.

For me allowing a little flexibility within the strict guidelines allows me to keep on track, so if I SS+ when I feel like it then maybe I'll keep abreast of it, when I think like this I tend to find that I forget and go over a week without pulsing anyway! X

i think that is very sensible.
that way u are having the ss+ when u 'need' it, not as a planned 'treat'.

it looks like i might actually get through today as my first 100% day in almost 2 weeks :D. sounds crap , i know but recently i just havent been able to get through the evening without 'conventional food'.
weigh in tomorrow morning. time to swallow my pride and face the consequence of eating.... weight gain.:rolleyes:

:) good plan! Cheryl you should be so proud!!!!! Take yourself off to bed now and cut the risk even further! X

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in Cheryl, what time is it? Well done for sticking to the plan today, fingers crossed for a loss for you, I'll be thinking of you.

C x

BIG well done to our girl emma for her weightloss at weigh in and how well she has coped this week :happy096::talk017::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::party0011:

very proud of you hun, hope this week is an easier week for you :) xx

Good luck to our girl (and me lover :p) cheryl for weigh in today, i know you arent looking forward to it hun and arent expecting good news but we are here for you whatever the results, we will all get there together, however long it takes so keep[ your chin up and good luck at oa this evening :) :grouphugg:xx

BIG well done to our girl emma for her weightloss at weigh in and how well she has coped this week :happy096::talk017::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::party0011:

very proud of you hun, hope this week is an easier week for you :) xx

Thank you!

Cheryl how did it go? hope it was ok for you, so proud of you for just going and facing up to it!

Just been clothes window shopping and there is NOTHING I like anywhere!!!!
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Emma

xxx

hi ladies. thanks for the lovely well wishes and good vibes. u r so wonderfully supportive. :D
being 100% yesterday must have done something to lessen the damage for today.
i weighed in at 11.30 and to be absolute amazement......... i somehow managed to stay the same. :D
its not often i would be impressed with staying the same but hey.... at least i have no gain to get rid of. so pleased of that. :D
i hope everyone else is having a fantastic day. :flirt2:

Cheryl I'm so pleased for you! That's got to be a massive boost to keep going! Hope your OA meeting has gone ok tonight!

Well, just had a chocolate shake but the OH is eating pizza... Take away stuffed crust pepperoni pizza! Grrrrr I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT!!!!

X

Cheryl I'm so pleased for you! That's got to be a massive boost to keep going! Hope your OA meeting has gone ok tonight!

Well, just had a chocolate shake but the OH is eating pizza... Take away stuffed crust pepperoni pizza! Grrrrr I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT!!!!

X

God ide have dived on that pizza if it had been me :p

let us know how oa has gone cheryl, so chuffed for you that didnt have a gain this week- well done on your 100% yesterday :party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049:

i read you have a doggy and three cats :D ive got five doggies and one cat lol (ive put them in me sig if you wanna have a looksee :D) xx

evening all,
well, not the best evening if im honest.
sadly i didnt get to go to the oa meeting :(.
bloody social worker (foster sons) turned up and set my evening back so much.
by the time she had gone i was in too much of a flap to go to the meeting.
i probably could have gone and may have been ok but i would rather go when im feeling a little calmer.
i was also kinda alarmed by something my cdc said to me earlier in relation to oa although i still want to go and see for myself.
she said that the one near us seems to be all members who arent in control and very few sponsor-worthy successes. she said it felt like it was a competition to see who had the worst week and was a bit depressing.
however, i still want to go and am beginning to wish i had tried harder to get there tonight cause now i have to wait another week.
i hope everyone has had a great day.
fearless, ur animals are so cute, ur cat 'lyra' looks just like one of my cats 'felix' :D
my dog is a border collie.
i will have to sort through my pics and put some on here for ya.

evening all,
well, not the best evening if im honest.
sadly i didnt get to go to the oa meeting :(.
bloody social worker (foster sons) turned up and set my evening back so much.
by the time she had gone i was in too much of a flap to go to the meeting.
i probably could have gone and may have been ok but i would rather go when im feeling a little calmer.
i was also kinda alarmed by something my cdc said to me earlier in relation to oa although i still want to go and see for myself.
she said that the one near us seems to be all members who arent in control and very few sponsor-worthy successes. she said it felt like it was a competition to see who had the worst week and was a bit depressing.
however, i still want to go and am beginning to wish i had tried harder to get there tonight cause now i have to wait another week.
i hope everyone has had a great day.
fearless, ur animals are so cute, ur cat 'lyra' looks just like one of my cats 'felix' :D
my dog is a border collie.
i will have to sort through my pics and put some on here for ya.

sorry your evening didnt go as planned hun, i know how mush you was looking forward to your meeting! i didnt end up going either, mainly due to me energy levels being so low at the minute and i have to get a bus and a metro to get to me meeting and metro and bus back and just didnt feel upto it, gonna get me oa book out for a bit read before bed might get me head into gear.

that doesnt sound too good what your cdc said, i cannot really comment on that only been to my nearest one and its amazing full of longterm members and newer ones so get to hear stories from those in recovery and those starting recovery- very inspirational! maybe if you gave it a try and it is as your cdc said at that one a bit of a pity party try the next closest to you along, dont give up on it- the first meeting can be a bit surreal but it can really turn your overeating around if you are ready for it.

thanks for the comments on me furbabies, they are my world! and half the reason the house is always a tip lol. gotta get some pics of yours i adore cats and dogs, have you read love it magazine? they have a section where half the pics are of animals and half of babies, i always awwwwwwwww at the animals and dont give the babies a look lol. xx

Hello!

Well done on your loss Emma! I LOVE stuffed crust pizza :-( stay strong!

Congratulations on the sts Cheryl. That's great.

I was put off OA by a post on here that said is was quote a religious based programme. Is this still the case? I just fear that it may not be the best fit for me if that is the case.

I had my WI tonight - lost 9lb! Really happy with that. It was effectively a new week 1 though. Was just looking at my mini goals, and I am quite far off from where I thought I would be. But my progress is good - just think my expectations were unrealistic.
I'm over halfway through my journey now. Exciting! Though still a little daunting I have to do the same again!

Back