2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

already rang admissions the lady dealing with my consultants waiting list was meant to call me back and did't so i called again on friday and she's now gone away until Tuesday! grr just irritating! could be anything up to six weeks away, I'd just rather know sooner than later! x

my gallstones were discovered 2 weeks after i had an emergency appendectomy due to ruptured appendix. they said the gallstones must have been sitting in a position which didnt affect the bile duct too much and they dislodged them during the emergency op . however, when they finally saw how many gallstones there were they were flabbergasted how i had ever managed to be painfree up until the appendectomy.
i was sent home after my appendectomy after 5 days and was home just over a week when i was rushed back in with terrible intense pain. initially they thought i had an internal infection due to the recent open surgery so put me on antibiotics and monitored .
after 3 days in hospital the pain had settled ( i had barely eaten at all in that time) and i was sent home on the antibiotics (waste of time as there was no infection)
a week later i was rushed in again and it was then that they scanned and saw the gallstones. i was told the waiting list was up to a year :eek:. i couldnt imagine living like that for a year.
however, because i was readmitted another 3 times over the next month for sudden flareups they somehow (amazing how they can when they want to) found a much closer slot for my surgery and it was done 5 weeks later.
as per usual i had to spice things up with the surgery so i developped pneumonia and ended up with a 12 day stay in hospital ( was supposed to be a day case ). typical.
have to say though, even through the pneumonia (which is the scariest thing i ever went through) i am still glad i had the surgery.

Can't wait to have it and just get it out! I love spicy food and there is some really low calorie healthy spicy food that you can eat I'm just petrified about eating it! Most of the day I'm on my own and if I'm not then I've got Deven and I just don't want to take the risk it's only that Michelle was off of work last weekend that she was here!

How's slimming world going Cheryl? Have considered joining a slimming club but just don't know right now, I'm calorie counting now and am on 1320 calories a day to lose 1-1.5lbs per week as when I used the equation to work it out I only have to eat 150 calories over the normal RDA to maintain my current weight!!! Think I may just stick to the 1320 until I have my surgery and then after recovery go to a slimming club, considered weight watchers and slimming world but might find slimming world difficult as been advised to avoid red meat at the moment.

Grrr health problems are so complicated with weight loss! Cheryl I don't know how you cope! Any advise on the best route for me to take at the moment!? X

Evening ladies,

Cheryl - nice to have you back on the thread, how are things going for you at the moment, any developments in your DLA situation? How are you finding SW?

Emma - how has the weekend been for you?

Vickie - how are you doing Hun?

I've really struggled this weekend, I've slept really badly for the as 3 nights due to allergies, the scales just don't seem to be shifting again this week and it's a bit demoralising when I've been absolutely 100%.

Still, I haven't broken the diet, so that's something to be grateful for.

Here's to a better week ahead for all.

C x

Can't wait to have it and just get it out! I love spicy food and there is some really low calorie healthy spicy food that you can eat I'm just petrified about eating it! Most of the day I'm on my own and if I'm not then I've got Deven and I just don't want to take the risk it's only that Michelle was off of work last weekend that she was here!

How's slimming world going Cheryl? Have considered joining a slimming club but just don't know right now, I'm calorie counting now and am on 1320 calories a day to lose 1-1.5lbs per week as when I used the equation to work it out I only have to eat 150 calories over the normal RDA to maintain my current weight!!! Think I may just stick to the 1320 until I have my surgery and then after recovery go to a slimming club, considered weight watchers and slimming world but might find slimming world difficult as been advised to avoid red meat at the moment.

Grrr health problems are so complicated with weight loss! Cheryl I don't know how you cope! Any advise on the best route for me to take at the moment!? X

hey emma, hope ur well hun.
i dont see how sw would be problematic when avoiding red meat at all.
i rarely eat red meat to be honest.
ive done sw before when it was just red days and green days and to be honest , this new extra easy plan is soooo simple.
i love the fact that i can now eat my big chicken salad ( my regular fall off wagon meal with cd) and its completely free on sw AND i can even have a few slices of wholemeal bread with it :D.
i love the fact that with sw u can eat A LOT and believe me i have tested that theory :eek:.
for tea tonight i had homemade vegetable curry that my mum made and i managed to steal some. lol
last night i had 2 large jacket potatoes with (wait for it...) laughing cow, garlic and parsley mixed to a paste to make a garlic & herb cheese, then topped with cottage cheese, chopped salad (onion tomato and cucumber) and finally topped with baked beans.
it was delicious. i used to have it a fair bit last time i was on sw and now i remember why :D.
im not knocking ww by any means but when i did ww i found myself having times i was still really hungry and with sw, there is never a reason to be hungry... and i never am. :)

Evening ladies,

Cheryl - nice to have you back on the thread, how are things going for you at the moment, any developments in your DLA situation? How are you finding SW?

Emma - how has the weekend been for you?

Vickie - how are you doing Hun?

I've really struggled this weekend, I've slept really badly for the as 3 nights due to allergies, the scales just don't seem to be shifting again this week and it's a bit demoralising when I've been absolutely 100%.

Still, I haven't broken the diet, so that's something to be grateful for.

Here's to a better week ahead for all.

C x

hey clazz, ur doing so well hun, ur so strong willed. :)
hope things pick up for u hun.
havent heard anything about the DLA as yet. they are taking their time about it. apparantly it can take up to 11 weeks just for the first stage which is a reconsideration.
why should they care, they arent the one sitting at home worrying how they r going to make ends meet are they ? :sigh:
neuralgia and back spasms are really bad tonight , mainly because of the foster son coming home drunk and stoned AGAIN. i told him last time that we wont tolerate this kind of thing and he will end up having to live somewhere else, well tonight he was a mess and basically said ' im still drinking, smoking and getting high and i have no intention of stopping for anyone' so i said ' well i guess u will be leaving us then' .
basically after me talking to the wall for a while and him blatantly saying he doesnt care what i think, he stormed out. he is now reported missing and i have told social services that we dont want him back here. i REALLY dont need this from him.
i should add that we get nothing for having him here, just the basic child benefit and child tax credit, but we get no fostering allowance or anything. this is honestly not worth the pressure it is putting on the members of the family who DO want to be a proper family.
any more stress and i think i might combust.

Stick with it Cheryl and stay strong, I've worked with kids in care and sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind, they need to understand that in the real world their actions have consequences. All my love xxx

Any family news Cheryl? Hope you're ok.

Anybody know where fearless or vickiet is!?

Claz you seem to be doing well, hope you are.

Well what an interesting turn of events... Tomorrow the OH is starting Exante, she's not big on the being accountable to any one thing so we figured it was probably best for her. This came about after a big old I hate myself sulk... I suspect that that came about after I lost 4 stone and then I weighed in at a pound less than her! but she won't admit it. So, in some ways I have decided to join her... Up until my surgery and a couple if weeks after there is no way I can do a VLCD but I can do some if it, I've got spare Cambridge stuff as well so as from tomorrow morning it's a shake for breakfast and dinner for me and then a low carb, low fat lunch, for her I'm doing the equivalent of 810 and she'll have hers at lunch to. I've come to this decision after having three days of eating constantly... Granted lower fat stuff but a lot of it!!! And obviously sheer water weight but I've put on a pound per day!! Luckily this time I'm going in with my eyes open, the minute any kind of pain or ill health kicks up then I'll be back to eating normally.

Anybody here done Exante? Is there much of a difference?

Got a bit of a cold today :-( and unfortunately have to go out for dinner with the in-laws later *groan* really like my m.i.l but the f.i.l is an idiot! He and the OH do not get on at all, they tolerate each other for the sake of her Mum. Would like to try and avoid speaking to him by concentrating on Deven but he's a take over Grandparent that makes you feel as though you're inadequate at parenting your own child so that won't be happening! Hope every one else is having a good day xxx

Ladies :)

Emma- glad your home but what a pain in the arse your gonna have to wait grrr

Clazzac - your doing great gun keep it up :)

Cheryl - how are you, how's the house when do you move in??
Thanks for the trifle recipe I'm gonna do it this week!!! You have do many lovely receipes - loved your jacket spud one can't wait till I can move over to slimming world :)

Fearless - where are you Hun am missing you, might have to text stalk you :) x

Well I lost 6lb tonight which means I have lost my 2 stone and am 5lb off 2.5 stone cannot believe how quick the time is going ....

Am away this wkd down south and I have already told my sister I don't want to come off SS plan even for one meal! She was fine I just hope I will be sting enough c

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi ladies,
vickie, awesome weight loss, well done :happy096:
we pick up the keys on 4th july and hope to be moved in within the week after.
However, our foster son will not be moving in with us now. i cant be dealing with the stress he has caused me over the last 5 months. we have a 12 month old baby in this house , we cant afford to take risks with drugs, drunken teenagers and constantly treading on eggshells in case he explodes into a rage. i have an entire family to think about here. i have tried so so hard with him and in the end he just wasnt prepared to meet in the middle, so i told social services they would have to make other arrangements for him.
i care for him a lot and i will miss him but recently i have honestly felt as though i am losing a grasp on life and my own sanity and i was at a point where i was dreading him coming home at night.
i cant help but feel like i failed him although all my family keep reassuring me that he let himself down.... still hurts though :(
hopefully this move will be a fresh start for us. lets face it, im overdue for a streak of good luck.

oh, ive had a few personal messages with regards to the trifle recipe from people who have now tried it.
they were very sweet. :)

It never stops hurting Cheryl... And until they are older and try to help someone who throws it back at them they will never understand. I adored my kids that I worked with, they became my life to the detriment of my health and the time I spent with my own family, I would go out and come face to face with them slumped in a door way or being arrested and that would be my night over, countless times I've sat in an interview room with a 14/15 year old whilst I've been dolled up to the nines, somewhat inappropriately for work because I wasn't due to be working but until someone else could come and take over that is where I'd have to be.

Even though I no longer work there or in the system I still adore my kids and every time I hear on the grapevine that one has been hurt or is in trouble my heart breaks that little bit more. Ironically children are put into our lives to bring us the biggest joy and the biggest heartbreak, they are just people who evoke the largest spectrum of emotions whether they biologically belong to us or not. Be re-assured Cheryl, the day they stop making you feel like this is the day you stop caring and we all know that if you have it in your make-up to care for people in such a manner, it never stops and it's never meant too.

Sending all my heart felt love to you xxx

awe emma, u made me cry :cry:
ur words were so touching . thank you so much.
with such distance u still managed to give me a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
you're so precious. ur OH is a very lucky woman :)

awe emma, u made me cry :cry:
ur words were so touching . thank you so much.
with such distance u still managed to give me a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
you're so precious. ur OH is a very lucky woman :)

No need for tears sweetie! It was just something my heart to yours to let you know that you aren't alone :hug99: sometimes you need a tough exterior to protect the squishy bit inside! (and I'm not talking about any of the F.A.T stuff we all seem to have!)

I'm having real trouble sleeping tonight, feel quite poorly :jelous:, my digestive system is doing funny and not nice things and now all my glands are up. I'm tired but somehow sleep insists on eluding me :cry:, so have just been up making measurement charts and tick charts etc as we're going it alone on the diet front! not hoping for any massive losses but I would like to be 14 something by OH's birthday on August 19th and am currently standing at 15.9 due to my little three day boring food bender which will now be referred to as 'The Re-Feed' after they so cruely (sp) starved me in hospital! It's do-able...its just 10lbs to get down to 14.13... however right now they seem like 10 very large lbs, possibly due to waiting for surgery! I feel like a whale! clearly I'm not...I've lost four stone! but I look at other people regardless of weight, height, gender etc and think about how lovely they look or how they carry their weight differently etc...I'm convinced that I have an arse the size of America and a belly the size of Bolivia! If the inches would go down on those two then that would work nicely for me thank you very much!!

xxx

and Cheryl...she knows that she's lucky woman! like I always point out to her...I know exactly what she's got at home so why would i ever think she'd stray! lol x

i do find that when i leave cd i tend to feel bigger than ever.
i think its partially because i am disappointed in myself for not staying on until my goal and partially due to eating again after trying so hard to NOT eat.
i gained 9 lbs after leaving cd ( again lets call this a refeed as i carbed all the way :eek:).
so that was last week and this week ive stuck to sw EE ( lots of salads, chicken, veg curry dishes and a few jacket potatoes) and yet it appears ive only lost 1lb so far this week and i weigh in on thursday.
i was hoping for much more but hopefully it is just my body catching up so i should get a better loss next week once my body has accepted that im eating carbs once again.
the things we do to our bodies in order to try to better ourselves. :rolleyes:
hope u get some sleep tonight and hopefully feel a little better in the morning.
im feeling kinda hungry at the moment.
i keep looking in the cupboards and fridge and each time coming to the same conclusion that there is nothing there that i want to be eating at this time of night. lol
knew i should have bought some yoghurts.
all ive had today is a banana this afternoon and then chicken salad tonight.
bad bad cheryl, that is NOT a true sw day as i havent had any a or b choices at all.

Tut Tut Tut Cheryl!!! ;-)

Been nosing around on the boards and as I mentioned earlier the OH is giving Exante a go, you have to buy £36 worth of products when you order them online but after speaking to a few people the Biggest Loser bars and the Tesco Ultra Slim bars havethe same nutritional content so alot of people stock up on them as well, so have worked it out that cold get her the shakes she wants and bars etc for about £40 which is a little cheaper than CD, how much were you paying for CD? do you think you'll be ok with SW, I always think it makes a difference when you have someone to go with, how are the relatives doing? xxx

Last edited:
i was paying £42 a week for cd but i was having tetras only which she charged slightly more for.
if i had packet shakes it would have been £39.90 for 21 a week.
ive done sw before so i know it does work, albeit far slower than cd. in class everyone was clapping for 2lb losses and i was sat there clapping enthusiastically but still thinking to myself ' would have been far more on cd'. think im a bit of a weightloss junkie now. cant get a fix big enough to satisfy myself :eek:.
last week was a bad week for the families losses (weird how week 3 on all diets seem to be bad).
sister gained 1.5lbs but it is her totm and she has always gained around that time so should make up for it this week.
aunt lost 1.5lbs but isnt happy as she said she deserved more.
my mum gained 1.5lbs and has no idea why. this happened to her last time on sw. she did great for a few weeks and then all of a sudden she gained and then sts and then would only lose 0.5lbs a week so the motivation just fades away. i really feel for her cause she really does stick to it well, better than i do in fact.
i cant think of what she does to cause it at all. she has handed in her food diary to the consultant so she can see if she can see any problems ( but i dont think she will).
hopefully she will also get a nice loss this week to boost her motivation.

oh bless your Mum! suppose it doesn't elp that your Auntie lost what she put on and isn't happy with that loss! Is she a lot older than you? (that sounded silly but a little more polite than me just going, is she old!?) was wondering if they may have an affect at all. My Mum is 54 in October and finds it really really hard to lose weight now. x

Back