2012 mission: 11 stone hot body :)

1200 calories is not enough.

I am no expert when it comes to weight loss so I hope someone will step forward and advise this young lady.

My doctor told me that 1200 is the minimum for a woman to eat a day, all depends on your BMI reading and the person in general. I think she's ok :)

You sound so positive YOU WILL DO IT THIS TIME .

brads

Thanks Linzlinz, I aim for 1200 but tends to be more like 1300/1400 but tbh its loads more less than I used to eat lol!

Thanks Brads, I really really am!! The dress is out of the wardrobe so I can see it when I walk around the house :)

My doctor told me that 1200 is the minimum for a woman to eat a day, all depends on your BMI reading and the person in general. I think she's ok :)

This may be ok for a 7 stone inactive female, but certainalty not for a 17.5 stone female.

A 17.5 stone female has a BMR of 2115 + 900 calories for light activity = 3015 calorie requirement to stay at maintenance.

Cut down to 2115 calories per day and you should essentially see a loss of 2 pound per week (7000 Calories)

By consuming 1200 calories a day you will be burning muscle mass. Your body can adjust to 1200 calories a day but you will become a super skinny fat person. You are probably walking around like a zombie, imagine how much muscle mass you are losing.

Muscle burns fat
Fat does not burn fat

Last edited:
This may be ok for a 7 stone inactive female, but certainalty not for a 17.5 stone female.

A 17.5 stone female has a BMR of 2115 + 900 calories for light activity = 3015 calorie requirement to stay at maintenance.

Cut down to 2115 calories per day and you should essentially see a loss of 2 pound per week (7000 Calories)

By consuming 1200 calories a day you will be burning muscle mass. Your body can adjust to 1200 calories a day but you will become a super skinny fat person. You are probably walking around like a zombie, imagine how much muscle mass you are losing.

Muscle burns fat
Fat does not burn fat

She said she usually goes over the 1200 mark anyway, as long as she feels comfortable doing it the way she is :)

Thanks, I really appreciate the comments as don't want to damage my body or chances to lose weight so really appreciate it! I have been naughty and struggled to stick at 1200 calories and had about 1400 yesterday but will up the calories as I begin increasing my exercise :) do you count calories LinzLinz? x

Thanks, I really appreciate the comments as don't want to damage my body or chances to lose weight so really appreciate it! I have been naughty and struggled to stick at 1200 calories and had about 1400 yesterday but will up the calories as I begin increasing my exercise :) do you count calories LinzLinz? x

hey, no I don't count them I just make sure I eat as much healthy stuff as possible. I don't think I could stick to a certain amount i'd end up going insane lol.xx

Fair enough :) it can a bit mad counting them sometimes lol!

Well past couple of days have been good, starting to enjoy the chocolate shakes and now have a vanilla one to try so will see how that one is :) Off to weigh this morning as been on shakes 4 days and want to know if it's working before buying more shakes!

Fair enough :) it can a bit mad counting them sometimes lol!

Well past couple of days have been good, starting to enjoy the chocolate shakes and now have a vanilla one to try so will see how that one is :) Off to weigh this morning as been on shakes 4 days and want to know if it's working before buying more shakes!

are these the shakes from Asda? if so i've been wanting to try them for a while, do they taste ok?

Yea they are LinzLinz, only 88p a cartoon! I personally don't like strawberry one but not keen on strawberry stuff anyway, chocolate is nice with weird aftertaste but you get used to it and start to like it lol and tried vanilla today and OMG lussssh and so sweet :)

I weighed this morning and have lost 2 pounds in 4 days on the shakes without doing a single bit of exercise so reckon if I step up exercise too, I will be in for some good weight loss, so happppy :D

and congrats on your loss today!!

Yea they are LinzLinz, only 88p a cartoon! I personally don't like strawberry one but not keen on strawberry stuff anyway, chocolate is nice with weird aftertaste but you get used to it and start to like it lol and tried vanilla today and OMG lussssh and so sweet :)

I weighed this morning and have lost 2 pounds in 4 days on the shakes without doing a single bit of exercise so reckon if I step up exercise too, I will be in for some good weight loss, so happppy :D

ooh may try some then, seen them in Asda but never thought to try them :) Well done on your loss too :)xx

Today has been a weird one! For the first time on the shakes, I was hungry last night before bed so had a 100 calorie snack but then woke up starving hungry and have been just feeling hungry all day but I'm sure we all have one of these days :( a shake usually fights off my hunger for hours but it just didn't today. Proper weekly weigh in tomorrow yay :) Hoping for a 2-3 pounds loss overall this week

but on a good note, tomorrow I have been a whole week without a drop of coke!! Doesn't sound like alot but drank coke 24/7 even through the night and last time i gave it up for 2 weeks, I replaced with milk as hate water and gained 1/2 a stone in 2 weeks!! so I am REALLY proud :)

Well done on being coke free, and good luck for weigh in tomorrow!

Thank you for the good lucks! I am so excited weigh in is finally here :) I'm going straight till work after till 10 so will probably update you all tomorrow eeeeeeeek :D

WI 1 - LOST 2 POUNDS WOOOOOOOOOOO :)

I am soooo happy with that yaaaay! 2 pounds is a nice and steady loss. Bring on a new week :D

Back