2pm - 4pm...

laurenmay

Gold Member
I've realised that for some reason this is my 'slump' time of day, when all my positivity and good mood goes straight out the window and I'm left feeling tired, fed up and like I just can't be bothered..

It's always this time of day that I wanna give up, be lazy and the binge monster within wants to come out!! Funnily enough it was around 3pm yesterday that I decided to come off my diet and sent the OH to tesco for treats!

I need to find a way of shaking this feeling!!!

- start weight 12.2 - goal weight 10.0

You must be in work and have very little to do... I'm in the same boat. I work in a bookies and with all this good weather people just aren't coming in. So the best thing I do is get up and do something... Clean the shop, wash tvs, just anything to keep my mind off food. Best thing you could do I think... Good luck

davytah said:
You must be in work and have very little to do... I'm in the same boat. I work in a bookies and with all this good weather people just aren't coming in. So the best thing I do is get up and do something... Clean the shop, wash tvs, just anything to keep my mind off food. Best thing you could do I think... Good luck

I actually work for Ford in a factory making engines, so there is plenty to do here. I manage to sneak on my phone a lot to come on here and text etc, I'm skilled in the art of hiding my phone from bosses now! Lol.. Even on weekends I have this slump during this time of day too, I'm not sure what it is. I'm up at 5 every day, even weekends when I'm not working cause my baby gets me up, so I'm wondering if it's just tiredness and maybe it's this time that it hits me.. Just wish it would go away!!

Can you plan a treat at this time of day, something to keep you from going off track, xx

I'm in work between 2-3:30 and then 3:30 to 4 I'm either driving home or driving to my mums or mother in laws to pick the baby up, so I don't get chance to eat anything during this time.. I'm hoping that it stops soon anyway, maybe when I'm back on track it'll fade away with all the other cravings xx

It could be a sugar dip? Try eating something slow release for breakfast or lunch. I used to spend all afternoon fighting to stay awake then I changed to porridge for breakfast and it's made a massive difference to me! x

At the moment I'm having a slice of granary toast with low fat cheese spread and a poached egg on top, it's filling enough but maybe I do need more slow release energy type foods.

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

What about secreting some nuts like almonds or brazils into your pocket and having a few, might stop the cravings kicking in.

I agree with the nut suggestion, I used to get up at half past 5 in the morning to get the train into college, and by about 1-2pm I was ready to go to bed again, even with a great big (good!) brekky and a reasonable lunch, so I started bringing in little bags of trail mix to eat at around 11am and honestly it really did help. I used to mix up toasted sunflower seeds, walnuts, dark chocolate drops, raisins and dried raspberries and it gave me the kick I needed, I even started having smaller lunches afterwards! Good luck chicky! x

Thanks girls :) I don't like nuts otherwise I'd take the advice! I think I need to start bringing more substantial food to work with me..

I get up at 5, always have a coffee with a slice of granary toast spread with low fat cheese spread and a poached egg to make sure I've had a good breakfast.. I'm in work from 7 till 3:30 and most days don't get home until about 4:30 after picking my son up then hitting traffic.

Apparently it's recommended to eat most of your calories during the day time, and not to eat carbs after lunch.. So I'm wondering what sorts of things I could take to work that are ready made and I can just eat on break without hassle. Any ideas?

laurenmay said:
Thanks girls :) I don't like nuts otherwise I'd take the advice! I think I need to start bringing more substantial food to work with me..

I get up at 5, always have a coffee with a slice of granary toast spread with low fat cheese spread and a poached egg to make sure I've had a good breakfast.. I'm in work from 7 till 3:30 and most days don't get home until about 4:30 after picking my son up then hitting traffic.

Apparently it's recommended to eat most of your calories during the day time, and not to eat carbs after lunch.. So I'm wondering what sorts of things I could take to work that are ready made and I can just eat on break without hassle. Any ideas?

I eat at leat half my calories after 9pm, so I don't subscribe to that theory, not in weight loss terms - eat whenever suits you best. x

TracyGWill said:
I eat at leat half my calories after 9pm, so I don't subscribe to that theory, not in weight loss terms - eat whenever suits you best. x

I read it a few places and its one of the rules in bob harpers skinny rules book, he also suggests not to eat carbs after 2pm so I guess it's just imprinted in my mind now that their the do's and don'ts! x

laurenmay said:
I read it a few places and its one of the rules in bob harpers skinny rules book, he also suggests not to eat carbs after 2pm so I guess it's just imprinted in my mind now that their the do's and don'ts! x

I've seen arguments both ways, but eating late works really well for me - avoids those after- dinner munchies, lol. x

Back