30 Day Shred Challenge

Do it Dave, you'll shed weight like a mad thing on Zumba being a man and all, besides Zumba burns LOADS of calories, way more than 30-Day Shred! And you can do Zumba with hand weights too!

i will have to do it alone though, another remotely dance related and i look like an uncle dancing at a wedding.....:)

Ah sure who cares who sees you, bit of craic isn't it!!! I'm no Zumba queen but if you couldn't laugh sure what would you do!

im not massively over weight anymore, just over a stone and ill be in the healthy range. so hopefully my knees will be ok, i was going to the gym but was finding it hard to get there and have used exercise dvds before and enjoyed them but lost them all when we moved which was annoying as i had a tracy anderson one and a davina one both of which i loved!! if i dont like it ill just stick it on ebay haha

Hi everyone. I've recovered this thread after starting 30 day shred four days ago and was just wondering how everybody was getting on. I have done 3 sessions so far with my fourth scheduled for tonight and I'm loving it so far. It's really tough but I find the fact that it is only 20 minutes long means that there aren't many excuses not to stick it on and get it done.

I can feel the results already and I'm looking forward to starting level 2 soon (not least because Jillian gets slightly repetitive after a while)!

I ordered the DVD after reading posts on here & reviews on amazon - started day 11 today (ie, my first day of level 2) & actually found it slightly easier than level 1? haven't shifted any weight for the last week but do feel more toned (I actually flexed my biceps in the mirror at work today - had to stop myself in case someone walked in ahh!) much easier to do it at the beginning of the day, I just set my alarm an hour earlier - if I left it until after work I know I'd find any excuse not to do it!

I finally succumbed and ordered this from Amazon. Only done it once so far but oh my!!! Lol. Level 1 is hard - I had to sit down for 5 mins after to recover before I could get in the shower!
How is everyone else getting on?

I'm getting on with it well. On to Level 2 now which is so far quite a lot harder than Level 1. Not sure if it's because I'm not used to it yet but some of the moves (variations on the plank position especially) seem a lot more advanced.

I've really struggled to do the dvd everyday though and reckon I've been managing about 4 times a week. I've decided not to feel guilty or be down on myself about this as it's always important to reward your body with rest days and 4 times a week is definitely a longer term, more sustainable option for me.

natlou79 - I'm not sure whether or not it is strictly recommended under Dukan. Although it only lasts around 20 minutes, it is fairly intense so I would personally steer clear for the first couple of weeks of starting whilst your body gets used to the diet. After that though, I don't see any reason why you can't go for it.

Bumping this thread in case anyone wants to join me. I started the challenge yesterday. Really tough but I found it slightly easier today -though those side lunges with arm extensions are killers!

Hi,
I have just re started Dukan and am going to start to shred again from tomorrow, been to Zumba tonight but that's only usually once a week anyway! I haven't managed 30 days straight through 23 is about my max so far!
I hate the jumping jacks in level 1 and struggle with the plank twist things but at the end of the day it's only 20mins!
Look forward to reporting in!!

I did day 1 yesterday & everything hurts - it aches to even sit down today.. Couldn't face it again today so opted for Zumba instead. I concur, the side lunges are a killer :(

ps: 23 days is impressive! 14 was my max! :-/

Day 1 down! That was harder than I remembered! Gets easier by day 3/4 tho!
If you're still thinking about it, give it a go, it really is worth the effort.

Ouch, I've still not been able to face it! Well done :) sticking to Zumba for now, hope you're not aching too much tomorrow... No pain no gain as they say...

I've just completed day 5. It's as tough as ever but becoming more managable as I'm becoming more familiar with the routine. I know the bits I have to grin and bear through ie. the squats and lunges and the bits I can do with less mental effort required!

Good luck for day 2 I'm On My Way - love the name :)

I'm keen to. Think I might wait till after my holiday so I have time?! Or is it still worth it if you only manage a few days? X

I'm moving on to Level 2 tomorrow. I've not been doing it every day more like every 3 days out of 5.

You should definitely try it xeilidhx. I think even if you can only manage it every so often you will feel the benefit. HTH

Back