30 Day Shred RESULTS

gobolino

Gold Member
Hi all

I know there have already been a few threads about actually doing the 30 day shred, but I thought I'd start one for anyone who'd like to share their results:

Did you complete the 30 days ? Or more ?
Did you lose weight ? inches ?
Do you feel fitter ?

Any other bonuses ?

I've just started today and would really like to hear your experience of this to help motivate me :)

Thanks in advance :D

Hi I completed it about 4 or 5 weeks ago, I lost 4inches around my chest, 2 around my hips and 3 around my waist. I wasn't a fanatic, I did it most days but occasionally life got in the way. I did do each level 10 times though.

I now alternate between running (which I never would have started without 30ds) and doing either level 2 or 3.

I feel so much fitter too xxxx

Woah Sarahaa, that is a cracking result !!!! Well done, you must be so chuffed with all those inches lost :) I like your thinking and I too will be completing the 10 days at each level but if life gets in the way so be it, I still will complete it (managed the first 3 days so far, so onto day 4 tomorrow).

Sorry sahara I'm on my phone so can't see your stats? What weight did you start at?

I'm starting my 30 day shred tomorrow and will be noting my inches for sure

Started at 11 8.5 and I'm now 10 12.5, I am quite a slow loser, but the difference it has made to my body is huge- my hubby can't get over it!

I've just done day 7, I started on level 2 at day 5, haven't had a break day yet but thinking of starting to have a break on a Tuesday.

I haven't taken measurements although wish I had, but I was worried I would be disappointed if I didn't loose any inches. I'm just going to go on how I look and feel after I've finished.

So far I feel so much better from doing it ;)

It's a exercise video from Gillian michaels from the biggest loser. It has 3 levels. Apparently it really loses the inches but it's mean. I have been too scared to try!

I did it yesterday for the first time and today I can hardly walk. My thighs, backside and lower half are in a lot of pain to the point I struggle to do the stairs, bend down or walk without wincing. However, I have done some research on the net and I need to carry on. Apparently this is delayed onset muscle pain which occurs when you actually are causing little tears to the muscles but they repair themselves thus resulting in them being stronger. I should really exercise an alternate muscle group but I read that I need to do this dvd daily so will see how I get on after doing this evening's session. If I am in any worse pain tomorrow (hard to imagine!) I will give myself a day off. Anyone else experience this and what did you do?

I've been reading on Amazon about this. Apparently part of it it for weights. What weights would i need to get in order to do it? Thanks x

I've been reading on Amazon about this. Apparently part of it it for weights. What weights would i need to get in order to do it? Thanks x
I use Davina McCall's 2.5lb dumbbells. They use 5lb but trust me the lighter ones are best to start off with. You get three weights in the set.

Buy Davina Vinyl Dumbbell Set at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Weights and dumbbells.

I skipped the day I was in agony but got back to it yesterday and now feel fine. It's hardcore but I recommend it to anyone who wants a kickass sweating hard dvd ;) you just need to get over the initial pain. I would also recommend to anyone who has the same pain (in thighs/backside) to STRETCH. Bend your leg up at the knee (as she shows you on the cool down) it makes such a difference. I wish I had known this BEFORE I hobbled through 24 hours of agony. :rolleyes: Once I did day two and did that stretch at the end it was like night and day!

Do you think it made a big difference to your body? I already do Zumba twice a week but am not really seeing any changes to my shape.

In combination with SW, I have dropped 2 dress sizes :) I have started to tone up quite nicely! Don't have my measurements, but offhand i would say that I have lost at least 4-5 inches. Most noticbly on my waist and bum! I was a gym goer before, and I am thinking of cancelling my membership as I fee like this has made much more difference! xx

Back