30 day shred

kirsty - i lost 2lbs last week. so it might be pre TOTM bloating in your case. We are building muscles whilst doing this DVD which weigh more than fat!

Sharkbait1983 x

Day 2 level 1 down :) not so bad with aches & pains - I can still walk this morning - much to the relief of my dog ;) Doing EA Active for a week before must have helped as I certainly haven't done any other exercise for years! (apart from doggy walking) Although now my right knee keeps cracking!

well done sooshine! The pain and aches will subside. I have just done Day 10 of Level 1 and apart from the proper push ups managed to follow the more advanced version of the exercises this time! I may ache tomorrow but will be perservering - Level 2 here I come!

Sharkbait1983 x

We are building muscles whilst doing this DVD which weigh more than fat!

Sharkbait1983 x

I wonder where this myth came from?

A pound of muscle and a pound of fat both weigh a pound! Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat, it's leaner and therefore takes up less space, and obviously looks better. At first when exercising you may retain water which could lead to a bit of a gain. But gaining whilst exercising is not the result of putting on muscle.

Well done to all those that have been brave enough to try this DVD-I bought mine off ebay at xmas and it's still in its' wrapping :eek:

I'll be following this thread closely when I re start WW, it might inspire me to open the DVD!

Good Luck with Level 2 Sharkbait1983 & Good Luck to everyone else attempting & about to start the Shred :character00115: I am doing all the easiest versions at the mo, but am trying to build up to the harder one bit by bit. (absolutely no chance at doing a full press up yet :eek:)

Re. the fat & muscles thing I think it may be in terms of size a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat. My feeling is that you are increasing the size & weight of your muscles, but are also losing fat - your measurements may change but you may possibly not lose as much weight. I took my measurements just before I started this DVD so I will see how it affects me. :)

ive never been so excited for an exercise dvd, i emailed yesterday and its been dispatched. So hoping it comes today i NEED it lol. Child free day tomorrow so would be perfect timing

Day 3 Level 1 down :) - really feeling it in my arms today - I don't allow myself to turn on the computer until I have done the workout to help motivate me :D
mrs lever - glad to see you are feeling better today - hope your DVD comes x

Hmmm....I may have to purchase this DVD. I'm sccuured coz Jillian looks really scary...lol :D

Is the music decent on the DVD as I get really put off if its cheesy music.???

hi missa - the music is quite dull on the DVD but after you have done the workout for a few days you start to remember what you are supposed to be doing - i turn the DVD volume all the way down and play my own itunes playlist! Jillian is absolutely fab - admittedly scary to start with but she knows what she is talking about and I started to see the results after a few days.

To everyone - I have just finished Day One of Level 2 and OMG what a step up from Level 1 - I started trying to do the harder versions of the workouts and ended up following Anita with the beginner moves, having said that (and I cannot believe I am about to say this!) I actually enjoyed the workout :character00116:- I encourage you all if you are just starting the DVD to stick with level 1 until you are happy that your fitness has improved enough to move on! I will report back as to how my muscles have fared tomorrow night - I am hoping that I am able to walk at least!!!

Sharkbait1983 x

Well done sharkbait1983 on stepping up to level 2. I haven't quite reached the 'enjoyment' stage yet, in fact I'm too busy gasping for breath to notice the music - all I listen out for is Jillian counting down the last few moves ;)

it came it came!!! think i may settle down and watch it now so i can mentally prepare for the morning

mrs lever - great news! yep completely agree prepare yourself by watching it first and then go for it tomorrow! the aches and pains will subside after the first few days I promise - it will be worth the effort!

sooshine - your post made me giggle! I was screaming at Jillian this evening but once the workout was done I realised I had enjoyed pushing myself that little bit harder! This feeling of enjoyment may of course disappear when I cannot move tomorrow morning!

Sharkbait1983 x

well ive watched it, looks so simple compared to others but i know because its jillian it will be soooooooo effective and im sooooooo going to die. Roll on tomorrow

Good Luck for tomorrow with the new start & with the aches & pains! I am seriously thinking of borrowing some of my dad's stinky sports embrocation for when I start Level 2! :D

it came it came!!! think i may settle down and watch it now so i can mentally prepare for the morning

Haha! I did that too! :D I'm starting for day 1 level 1 tomorrow aswell! It's been a good few weeks so I just want to start fresh! Oh my arms and calf muscles are scared already! :D

hi missa - the music is quite dull on the DVD but after you have done the workout for a few days you start to remember what you are supposed to be doing - i turn the DVD volume all the way down and play my own itunes playlist! Jillian is absolutely fab - admittedly scary to start with but she knows what she is talking about and I started to see the results after a few days.

To everyone - I have just finished Day One of Level 2 and OMG what a step up from Level 1 - I started trying to do the harder versions of the workouts and ended up following Anita with the beginner moves, having said that (and I cannot believe I am about to say this!) I actually enjoyed the workout :character00116:- I encourage you all if you are just starting the DVD to stick with level 1 until you are happy that your fitness has improved enough to move on! I will report back as to how my muscles have fared tomorrow night - I am hoping that I am able to walk at least!!!

Sharkbait1983 x

:mad: I hate it when workout dvd's have dodgy music :sigh:

Thanks for that Sharkbait

sorry to intrude but could someone tell me which is dvd your talking about from amazon theres 2 called 30 day shred?

jillian michaels the one with the black background and think it's the red writing too! :) other one is her old one i think bit dated now but may do the same thing still xx

thankyou!!ordered!

im just transfering from slimming world to weight watchers.. so i'll join as soon as get the dvd!
not sure will do much after 2 kids least i can say i have a 6 pack under the stretchy stuff LOL

lmao i dunno! one review i read off 'play' was from a 45year old woman and she's got 2 kids and could feel her tum tightening and getting firmer!... there is hope for us all! :D

Back