31st July weightloss thread...

Thanks for yor support folks and well done on your loss diminishing returns. I just get sooooo annoyed though and I can see that the last 15 lbs I have got to lose are going to take me a lt longer than I thought. I have already been dieting for 10 and a half months now and it does drain you especially after such a long time and instead of being done after 12 months which I what I hoped for it looks like it is going to take me 14 or 15 months - which is a long time to be continuously dieting (oh and thats assuming I'm happy when I actually get to my goal!) Sigh - chin up and look towards next week now and lets hope I can make it to 11 stone by my holiday!

Debzi, I know just what you mean -I STS this week too and like you am not far off goal. It does seem to take forever the last stone or so doesn't it! Looking at the challenge stats though, 4 of us have STS this week - how odd!!

Vicky 7lbs STS, STS
Serafyn 7lbs
Nic68 10lbs -4lbs STS
Debzi 7lbs -1lb STS
Dramatic_Star 4lbs
CarefulCounter 5lbs
Chickydee - 10lbs - 2lbs off - 8lbs to go
Diminishingreturns - 8lbs to go.
Iris 1lb
preet 2lbs

NOT HAPPY! :(

Oh dear Vicky I feel for you - quite a few of us seem to be having a bad time at the moment.
Positive thoughts for next week it is then....

Will have to...done 100 cals of just running on Wii active tonight, couldnt do much more cos have ha a bit of a dead and stiff arm since having my blood test for checking for anaemia and stuff... 100cals is 100cals though :)

Oh and i have seen a dress for my friends wedding reception that i just NEED but im worried the 12 wont fit :( still a bit paanoid about fittin into all the 12's got to measure myself tonight...

Maybe ill post up a picture of it for you all to see :)

Last edited:
Ok will add it up soon as i can, just had message fromt he seller saying that she only has one left but i cant get it when im at work argh!

How many calories roughly in a fajita wrap containing the following ingredients?:

2 x Quorn chicken fillets (95 cals)
1/2 x pack of fajita seasoning
1 x large red pepper
1 x Old El Paso flour tortilla
1 x tablespoon Green 0% yoghurt
1 x teaspoon salsa
Sprinkling of low fat cheddar cheese

Sorry, I appreciate an answer will be a guestimate, but I'm rubbish at working out anything like this!

Everyone, the dress came today and it looks ace!! I will put pics up when im all glammed up for my friends wedding in it the 1st week of August but here it is for now.

Fits really well and shows off my improving figure. I have never dared have my legs out before but i think this will be ok, just need to find some shoes. Im not one for heels really but im thinking i may have to put up with some to really finish this gorgeous dress off, what do we think?

BU51dEwmkKGrHgoOKkQEjlLmVIM2BKP4fkD.jpg

Me too :)

Lovely dress Vicky and you DEFINITELY need heels to finish off that killer look hon!!

heels are sucha killer for me though, will see what i find when i manage to get to shops to look x

Sometimes it's just got to be done though and if you go for nothing over 3" you should be ok! Weighed in today too and have lost 2lbs. Was hoping for 3 to get me into the 9's though!!

Vicky 7lbs STS, STS
Serafyn 7lbs
Nic68 10lbs -4lbs, STS, -2lbs
Debzi 7lbs -1lb STS
Dramatic_Star 4lbs
CarefulCounter 5lbs
Diminishingreturns - 8lbs to go.
Iris 1lb
preet 2lbs

How many calories roughly in a fajita wrap containing the following ingredients?:

2 x Quorn chicken fillets (95 cals)
1/2 x pack of fajita seasoning
1 x large red pepper
1 x Old El Paso flour tortilla
1 x tablespoon Green 0% yoghurt
1 x teaspoon salsa
Sprinkling of low fat cheddar cheese

Sorry, I appreciate an answer will be a guestimate, but I'm rubbish at working out anything like this!

I plugged this into www.essentialsweightloss.co.uk and got the following totals if it helps any:

Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning Mix 35g - half a pack: 52 kcals, 1.0g fat

1 x large red pepper: 51kcals, 0.6g fat

1 x Old El Paso flour tortilla: 140kcals, 2.8g fat

1 x tablespoon Green 0% yoghurt: (50g) - 26 kcals, 0.0g fat

1 x teaspoon salsa: (10g) - 3.2kcals, 0.1g fat

Sprinkling of low fat cheddar cheese: (20g) - 33kcals, 0.4g fat

Was the quorn 95 for each fillet or for the two? If 95 each it works out as roughly 490 cals. Not bad at all!

Well done Nic...
I am givin my exercise a miss tonight, got banging head. Hope it dont mess me up for weighing Wednesday though. I have exercised every night apart from tonight though so should be ok? yeh? lol

Well done Nic!
Vicky - love the dress. You could try it with wedges maybe - bit more comfy than stilettos. Personally, I think some cute sandals or even ballet pumps could go with it to - if it's your mate's wedding, you want to be able to dance all night at the reception (think of the calories you'll burn off...)

Iris - you're a gem! You always have good advice and kind words for everyone.

Well, having benn cursing all week that I hadn't lost anything despite being very very good, things changed over the weekend and I seem to have lost 7lbs in the course of 48 hours or so, so I've reached my target for this challenge.

Thinking about how I feel, I wonder sometimes if I suffer from water retention for some reason, and maybe during the course of the month this fluctuates. Anyway, weighed myself several times this morning and took an average figure. I know the reading on my digital scales can be a little temperamental at times, but this morning, I've got to believe it. Can't believe I'm in the 17s. I know that doesn't sound all that great, but I went shopping at the weekend and I'm definitely a size 20, which I haven't been since i was 18. Got to keep going now! Although I am blooming starving today, must resist nibbles!

I'm changing my challenge for this month to reaching 17.10 which could be do-able if I stick at it.

Vicky 7lbs STS, STS
Serafyn 7lbs
Nic68 10lbs -4lbs, STS, -2lbs
Debzi 7lbs -1lb STS
Dramatic_Star 4lbs
CarefulCounter 5lbs
Diminishingreturns - 8lbs to go. -3lbs, -7lbs !!!
Iris 1lb
preet 2lbs

Back