4 Years at goal!!

Wow, fantastic achievement - you are a real inspiration and show that it can be done!!

super congrats XX:D

Hello again!

KD, when do you feel like you "got it", and changed from thinking so much about calories/diets/etc., until you just started thinking "normal"? WHen you felt you really learned it? Or, do you find now, even 4 years later, you are still learning?

It would be interesting and helpful to know what that was like for you? It would to me, and I am sure to others. :)

Thanks!

All these lovely people have already said it....

Now you know how I feel KD..;)

:character00148::psiholog::vibes::whoopass::slap::secret::party0038::wow:

You spend time doing all the above on here...
Thank the lord you like forums....

Many congratulations, I remember seeing your posts when it was less than a year,... wow how the time flys and well done, so proud of you.
And you know you have helped so many people, even before you became a CDC... I want to say a great big thank you....

Last edited:
Hello again!

KD, when do you feel like you "got it", and changed from thinking so much about calories/diets/etc., until you just started thinking "normal"? WHen you felt you really learned it? Or, do you find now, even 4 years later, you are still learning?

It would be interesting and helpful to know what that was like for you? It would to me, and I am sure to others. :)

Thanks!

That's really hard to answer because it was such a gradual process. 2 steps forward, one back etc.

I stopped thinking about diets when I got to goal pretty much and just concentrated on calories, fat, carbs, protein for about 6 months until I was really sure of portion sizes and 'corrections'. What worked for me etc. Then for the next 3 months just did it on occassion

Then I stopped counting completely.

When did I feel normal? I guess it happened long before I realised it. It wasn't until I looked back and realised that I had gone months without food being a big deal. That has probably been this last year, though there were months before that, then it would raise it's ugly head again and I'd have to concentrate.

I suppose it took much longer than I expected, but there again, the results in the end have been better than expected if that makes any sense.

Sometimes food would be a big deal, and sometimes it wouldn't. Then I'd look back and realise that it hadn't been a big deal for ages. Not sure if I'm automatically subconsciously using techniques as they are ingrained or what.

They say you need 5 years, and I think that for many, that's a pretty good time frame :) And for me, that 5 years means 5 years of no diets....just working on living slim. I feel I'm 100% living slim now, but another year just to be sure there's nothing lurking in the background ready to pounce ;)

What a terrible reply. For a number cruncher like me, I really hate not being able to say it'll take 450.493826 days :D

Now you know how I feel KD..;)

:character00148::psiholog::vibes::whoopass::slap::secret::party0038::wow:

You spend time doing all the above on here...
Thank the lord you like forums....

Many congratulations, I remember seeing your posts when it was less than a year,... wow how the time flys and well done, so proud of you.
And you know you have helped so many people, even before you became a CDC... I want to say a great big thank you....

Ey Fluffy cat, ta muchly.

I remember that first year too. I spent my first 'anniversary' absolutely terrified. It had felt a bit like a game until then....to get to that 1st anniversary still at goal. Then it really dawned on me that I had to repeat it forever. Scared the life out of me.

Congratulations KD that is amazing can I just ask you what diet you lost all your weight on and do you still follow it now or are you just eating sensibly

I lost the weight on Cambridge, but I didn't use it to maintain. I truly believe that real maintenance has nothing to do with the diet that got you to goal. It's another journey completely.

I eat 'sensibly' now. Lots of healthy stuff, sometimes some unhealthy stuff. All pretty normal really, if there is such a thing :)

Congratulations KD, You look amazing and should be so proud of yourself.
Well done!!

Well today is my 4 year anniversary at goal! Yay
Cheergirls.gif

In that time, I've kept +4/-4lbs throughout the years :cool:

After 30+ years of yoyo dieting (started when I was 17) I've eventually learnt how to live like a slim person

Happy me!! :D

Tips from Me :D

Just one AWESOME lady here!!!!!

KD, you are a real inspiration and a mentor to so many of us. Four years... fantastic achievement and shows us all that it is possible not just to maintain but to have a happy, normal life again. Big hugs and thanks for all the help along the way!

xxx

Congratulations KD!
Such an amazing achievement for such a lovely person! Well done :)
I'm sure you'll be at goal for another 4 years and then another ;)

Congratulations KD and thank you for all the times you've helped me.

KD, what an inspirational story! I've just read your tips too and I think I will print them out and stick to the fridge for when I get into maintenance!

Thank you for sharing with us, knowing that it is possible to get to target and then maintain for years to come is definitely the motivation I need to shift my last few excess pounds... and keep them off!

x

Well done and Happy Anniversary to you!
I'm approaching a year at target in 2 days time and that's been hard enough so 4 years is an amazing achievement.
Congratulationsxx

congrats, well done you xxxxxxxx

That's really hard to answer because it was such a gradual process. 2 steps forward, one back etc.

Thanks for your reply KD. It is pretty much as I thought it might be.

I am only at 9 months maintaining, and feel I am only scratching the surface of all I need to learn!!!! LOL

Cheers for the info. :)

SOrry you could not give a precise analytical number-crunched answer!! :giggle:

Back