790 question please

Sez

has started again!!
I am on LL at the mo, an really really strugglinh with it. A friend has suggested I might do better with my final 3 stone on the CD 790 plan. I have contacted a local CDC (admittedly a while ago) but I would love your thoughts/ recommendations etc/meals on the 790.

Is the weight loss reasonable? How do you "finish" once at goal?

Sorry I know I've asked some of this before, but now I feel that an end of day meal with my family, eating with them, if not the same food, might be the boost I need to reach my finish line.

Feel a bit guilty about leaving LL, but the counselling is not working for me now, and £66 p/w is a huge amunt to waste......

Thanks everyone.

xx

Hi Sez, I am doing 790 and my losses have been 8lbs, 3lbs and 4lbs in weeks 1-3 respectively, it is quite a good plan, I really struggled with SS just wanted to eat all the time.

Hi Sez

the losses are usually about 12lb a month. on CD you get 3 packs a day (as opposed to 4 on LL) and then on 790 you are also allowed 1/2 pint skimmed milk, three tablespoons of veg or salad, plus 250g cottage cheese OR 175g chicken or turkey OR 275g white fish.

There are then other steps to work through as you approach your goal to ensure that the carbs are reintroduced slowly, 1000 cal plan, 1200 cal and finally 1500 cal plan.

Sam, thank you. I am going to ring my local CDC. Do feel guilty tho, after coming this far with LL, but financially and also diet-wise its as if this is best for me right now.

Will I have to have a check up at the GP before I start? I would rather not, just dive straight in. ALso my GP charges £20 for a two minute "check up"........ Money for old rope!!

I guess I am a 790 success story, I found the diet great to the point where ketosis beat me (feeling cold etc for too long), but I know I would not have achieved anywhere near the losses I did SSing.

Stick to the plan and you will lose weight.

Apart from my slipped disc I am feeling really good at the moment, been on maintenance for a month and have onlu put on 2lbs. Still got 8lbs to lose to reach goal but I am more than happy maintaining for a while and then pushing when my back is better and I can start to exercise.

Sez

I am a mover from LL too - I had to finish foundation early as I joined in week 3 and was not impressed at all with counselling in Developement

I havent looked back

Basically counsellor explaned that losses are only about 1 pound a week different

Good luch hun - I wish I had moved earlier - and hey I had that guilt feeling too but that went after a day or too

Back