8 stone or more to lose!!!!!!

Thanks Book Worm.. So far so good today! I am finding a bit of fear of the unknown today! Had a shake this morning and one for lunch and have had almost 2ltrs of water so spending most of the day rushing back and forth to the loo!

All ok for now though! I am sure you will do fine as well - what do CDC's advise about plateau's? anything that can be done to kickstart again?

That's the spirit :D And the trips to the loo become less frequent with time. It's normal to be a little daunted at first. I mean, you're withdrawing food from your diet. You're going against all your instincts :) Just THAT deserves a pat on the back :)

Unfortunately, when on a low calorie diet, there is not much you can do to kick start your body during a plateau. The body will lose when it's ready. :) My googling revealed that it may happen because I am exercising and eating very few calories. But I am not going to stop my exercising, I feel too good and I know that in the end, my body will start losing again :) (well I hope!!!!!)

Fingers crossed for you then hun!

Well I started day 2 probably more positive than ever! but had to go to the doctors to pick up my sign off form and he has refused! Now I know that I should not have started without but my friend had given me a load of shakes and stuff to use and I really didnt imagine that my doctor would be so damn narrowminded about it all! CDC has really told me off for starting without it too and now I just dont know what I am going to do! Doctor said that because I take metformin (a tablet used for diabetics but I am not a diabetic I have PCOS) and he doesnt agree with a "fad" diet he will have to look into it and I should call back next Thursday for an answer!!! AAAARRRGGGGHH!!!!!

So after coming out of the surgery a rant on the phone to my Mum followed by a breakdown in tears I called my consultant. She told me off for starting (whoops) and then asked me to pop round for a letter and leaflet "information for doctors" advised I take it back round to them and ask him to read it before dismissing me again.

So off I trotted - spoke to the receptionist and explained the situation to her (thankfully she was lovely as I was fit to explode!!!!) and said she will have a word with him and give me a call and let me know if he signs it.

I think I was so upset as I have been preparing for this for about 5 months now after coming out of a bad 10 year relationship I just want to take my life back and getting rid of him was step one and this being step 2. I even pleaded with him on this and explained I was not asking him to condone the diet just to sign the form to confirm that my details regarding my health are accurate! He barely even looked at the form!

So I have only had one shake today and am now in limbo! do I carry on or not? or do I make some dinner! I think I am just going to carry on today and see if I get a call from the surgery but at the minute not feeling very good at all!

What an awful experience madchickviv, no wonder you're feeling so rubbish. First thing first, you need a virtual hug :hug99:

Now that it is done, I would suggest you talk to your CDC. There are several levels to this diet, and for some of them, a GP's signature is not needed. Do you need the signature because of your BMI or because of the metformin? Once your BMI is under 40, will you be able to do the sole source diet without a signature? Or is the metformin the problem?

Whatever you decide to do, remember you are doing it FOR YOU. If this is what you want, do not give up. Some GPs are incredibly suspicious of these types of diets. Mine is, was barely polite and charged for signing the form without even looking at it! But you know what? I have PCOS too and after a few stones gone, my periods are now regulars. And I am feeling so good. And you can too :)

My Bmi was 45.5 I didn't need a doctors note I just had to start on red 1 which was 4 shakes and milk each day until my Bmi was under 40 apparently it's a new part of the plan, can u not ask your CDC about that ?? I hope your arrogant minded doctor does sign it they should be encouraging us to want to lose weight not making us feel crap. The the ones that moan in a few years when we there with illnessss related to obesity bloody hypocrite it was even praised in daily mail see if u can get that article and print it out and show hi m xx

Hi bookworm not been on here for a while I'm on week 16 and 4st lighter had 2 weeks Sts and missed WI this week due to work plus then on Monday I ate some biscuits was so mad but back on it again now and I'm determined to get into the 14's I'm currently 15.6 as of Tuesday morning when I weighed myself but officially 15.5 2 weeks ago on WI :-(

Thanks Guys, I have calmed down a bit now! and thanks for the Hug Bookworm - I really needed it today I tell you! Well I didnt let it beat me - I am now settled in my bed after a full day of shakes and 4 litres of water and still feeling good. I was very tired this afternoon after the doctor trauma and did get a bit of a headache but feeling fine now.

Never heard from the doctors surgery this evening so I am going to be paying them a visit tomorrow. Bookworm I think it was a mixture of my BMI and Metformin well thats what he was using for an excuse really it was just sheer ignorance I think. Like I said the form specifically states that by signing it it does not mean the GP condones CD or that they are approving my use of the diet simply that my medical information is accurate.

I am not letting it beat me - if I dont have a signature tomorrow I will be calling the family practitioner committee for advise as well as looking for a private doctor and a new GP Surgery! If all this doesnt get solved by the time I am almost out of stock of shakes from my friend I might order some of the Slim and Save stuff online - bet I wont need a note for that! and at least it keeps me going until I can get the issue resolved! I have waited and prepared too long for this to let it beat me! and once I get my BMI down I can probably get away with not delaring the metformin ( as I dont take it anyway - its done nothing for me over the last 8 or so years so why bother) and get back onto CD!

3 pounds away from 6 stone loss of the 8 I need to loose.

Well done all ur doing so well.

I hope the doctor signs your paper work keep us informed x

Hey guys,

So I went round to the doctors and was advised to make an appointment for next Thursday - apparently the doctor has taken the booklet on advise for doctors away to give it a good read - I am hoping that when I go back he will have educated himself and be able to sign the flipping form! Spoke to CDC she has said she will see me Thursday evening once its signed to stock up on my shakes so fingers crossed all will be resolved. I have enough to carry on until then so I am just going to plod along with it! Shall keep updating on progress in the meantime and put the doctor to the back of my mind for now!

Hows everyone doing today??

Hi bookworm not been on here for a while I'm on week 16 and 4st lighter had 2 weeks Sts and missed WI this week due to work plus then on Monday I ate some biscuits was so mad but back on it again now and I'm determined to get into the 14's I'm currently 15.6 as of Tuesday morning when I weighed myself but officially 15.5 2 weeks ago on WI :-(

I hate plateaus. Thank God I am in a strong place psychologically right now, because otherwise, I would stuff my face and stop the diet. I know I would, because this is at this exact point that I gave up the last time, for the exact same reason. I can't wait to be in the 15s!!! I have not been in the 15s in over 7 years. I always ruin everything at the low end of the 16s for some reason. To think that 10 years ago I was a size 10...

3 pounds away from 6 stone loss of the 8 I need to loose.

Eeeek, so close now! It's the last stretch :D

Madchickvic, glad to see you're still fighting for it! Headaches are common at the start of the diet, so always have paracetamol at hand. I have PCOS too and never was prescribed anything. How does metformin help with your PCOS? My PCOS was so bad before I started the diet that my periods had stopped. And now, a few stones down, they're back and regular. I still have some other side effect but at least my cycle seems normal...

And I was about to suggest you go and see a private GP. You can ask him to check your blood pressure before you start, etc, just to be on the safe side. Good luck to you! xxx

If you and doing Shakes / Soups only are you OK to take paracetemol? Is the liquid enough to digest the painkillers without giving u an upset tummy?

If you and doing Shakes / Soups only are you OK to take paracetemol? Is the liquid enough to digest the painkillers without giving u an upset tummy?

I am doing Step 2 but during the brief time I did Sole Source, I had to take paracetamol and didn't have any side effect. I couldn't stomach ibuprofen for some reason though. It really burnt my stomach, if you see what I mean. Other people may have different reactions though.

Madchickvic, glad to see you're still fighting for it! Headaches are common at the start of the diet, so always have paracetamol at hand. I have PCOS too and never was prescribed anything. How does metformin help with your PCOS? My PCOS was so bad before I started the diet that my periods had stopped. And now, a few stones down, they're back and regular. I still have some other side effect but at least my cycle seems normal...

And I was about to suggest you go and see a private GP. You can ask him to check your blood pressure before you start, etc, just to be on the safe side. Good luck to you! xxx

Metformin is used to regulate TOTM cycles, start ovulation and lower the risk of miscarriage - None of which make any diff to me as I am single and dont want kids! The other use is to lower the chances of diabetes but I guess this diet does the same thing! Like I said 10 years and nothing different from taking them so try something new I think. Had my BP checked a few weeks ago and all fine as this is a new GP had the health screening thing and the only thing they told me was I need to look into a way to loose weight DUH! So I go find one and they wont sign the flipping form. Woe betite him if if dont sign it next week!

Well like I said not thinking about it until then just going to keep plodding on - Day 3 has been a breeze - no headache! lots of water, I did have a toffee and walnut shake for lunch - im not too sure on that one! gonna have veggie soup for dinner I think and an early night as one thing I am feeling today is tired!

Hi I have 9 stone to lose. I cant believe it actually but I know its true. I am on day one and so want to say ahh forget it start Monday after the weekend. but its that exact saying that has got me to this mess in the first place! Good Luck

This is a post full of wisdom. Why delay when you can start now? I am a great procrastinator at heart and I will find any excuse to "start tomorrow". It has got me in this mess too. Good luck Karrinnae :)

I have just done the Shred and am cooling down now, watching the hockey on BBC3. I really don't understand the rules though, it must be because I never really played (nor paid attention) in PE! But my, aren't these girls beautifully fit! There is something truly beautiful about an athletic body, and I don't mean in a naughty way. And it makes me realise how I have completely wasted my body by feeding it junk and making it lazy!

You are doing amazing! Dont be so hard on yourself!

I admire your strength to do this and how much success you have had so far.

I am sat here waiting on eastenders to begin and willing my mind to accept i must get through the first day!

I know Karrinnae, I sometimes am my worst enemy. Being a perfectionist, I can't accept failure, but I also want success to be right now and losing weight takes time LOL (who would have thought :eek: )

Ugh, the first few days... I never had so much sleep! I was so tempted by food that I went to bed at 7pm some evening!!!! :D

My body clock is completely ruined. My husband just finished working nights and now I can't seem to fall asleep till 3am. That means that I am struggling to get up at 10am!!!! (I'm on holidays). That's not on, I feel sluggish when I don't start the day early. I have so much to do in August (I am also a part-time student and use my holiday for university work) I am starting to panic... At least I'm still in control of what I eat, which is good :D I know last year I would have given in and eaten food. But no, not this time, too much is at stake :)

How is everyone? Madchickvic, any news from the surgery?

Bookworm

I know the feeling. I am on holiday too - teacher - i have turned nocturnal! Been staying up all night and going to bed sometimes at 10 am!!!! I am also meant to be studying or a course and things are due in shortly.

I couldnt even get through day 1 yesterday and went crazy when hubby went to bed - ate two slices of toast and some maltesers. Am disgusted with myself!

Yay, a fellow teacher :D I hate being nocturnal though, I feel so sluggish. I am doing a postgrad degree as well and I have a deadline for the 31st of August for a whole chapter. The deadline was set in May and... I have not started! Admittedly, May and June, I was teaching and the degree had to take second place. But I spent the whole of July procrastinating and stressing about our house purchase (we're buying a house and we can't seem to see the end of this horrible experience). And now I am slightly stressed LOL

What is your course?

Ok, I am going to shout now, but it is a good "shout": DO NOT BE DISGUSTED WITH YOURSELF!!!!!!!! Look at things this way: how much would you have eaten in a day if you had not been on the diet? I am yet to meet someone who never had a wobbly moment with this diet. I often have them, and I am on Step 2 so I am allowed some food. Well the other day I had 2 mouthful of hubby's pasta. Please, don't be so hard on yourself, you're going to end up resenting the diet. I know I am one to talk as I am always very demanding with my self, but I swear that trying to think POSITIVE helps. Big hug to you :hug99: (people need more hugs when on a diet :D )

Back