a bit disappointed :/

meoww

Silver Member
I was going to do my WI this morn but realised ive not done day 7 yet (which is today) so official WI tomorow morn, but only lost about 5lbs so far, which isnt quite right for week one.. should I just chill out and expect next week to be fairly good too?

Im worried im not drinking enough water because Im on my feet at work and lose track of how much water I drink (plus probably need more water too!)
Ive been to the gym too so Im worried that hindered instead of helped..

I dunno I just thought I had it all figured out and now Im not sure

Hi there :)

In my first week I lost 3Ibs being 100%. Some of us do lose slower than others it can be due to a number of things however 5Ibs is no small loss imo. I must say its better to look at how much you have lost over the period of a month rather than a week to give you an idea of what your average monthly weight loss will be.

Regarding the water intake, I am terrible with it too, I counted at the start but after being so long on this diet I just drink what I guess to be a good amount lol

Gz on your loss so far!

hey hun ,
dont get yourself down about it , 5lbs in 6 days is still a great loss!
As you said yourself the gym can hinder us sometimes , water build up around muscles bla de blah
I have a litre water bottle I fill up thru the day so I can keep track of what I guzzle , maybe might be an idea to try that rather than just having random glasses cos I know Iv read a lot of posts where ppl who havent been drinking enough water do seem to have poor losses ( still doesnt make 5lb poor tho;p)
I do also think our bodys handle a VLCD different the more times we try them , I lost 9.5lbs this week (after being off plan over a month) and I was dissapointed as well ...usualy week one I can drop a stone...maybe we all just want more regardless of the number eh
when you look at ppls signatures too , those who have HUGE losses 1st week do seem to have smaller ones the week after and those folks who have just slightly above average losses seem to have the same kinda number the second week.
bigger picture tho its keeping to the plan week after week that we see those lbs turn into stones so keep that chin up:)
Jo x

That's still a great loss! I have never been the kind of person to have mega losses on the first week of a diet. The first time I did Cambridge I was 100% and lost 4lb. I was initially pretty disappointed but then I had a good loss the next week too, and typically the people who lose loads on the first week and have a smallish loss the second week. Stick with it :)

I am almost finished week 17 and have never cheated or ate off plan ( apart from 2 extra s&s bars one day ) and never have huge losses. I average just over 2lb a week. Not everyone will get enormous losses some of us have to work really really hard for it.

It all adds up though and because it has been so slow for me I am hoping it encourages me to keep it off

5lb in 6 days is brilliant

Some good advise meoww. I'm sure Inread somewhere at sometime possibly on the Caimbridge forum that weight loss in winter is harder then summer as our brains are trying to insulate us!!! Therefore lower losses in the winter months.

Slow and steady wins the race

Xxx

I used to have smaller losses on Cambridge if I didnt drink enough water. Also *ahem* are you going to the loo regularly? As this might make you weigh heavier if not, I had to have a Dulcolax the other day.

Don't be downhearted, 5lbs is nearly half a stone, out of interest do you have much weight to lose? If not that could also be why?

thanks everyone, all so encouraging!
Ive got another 2 and half stone roughly, probably not drinking enough water too. and I suppose next week could be quite good too. I think Im comparing against myself for first week losses but I only lost 8lb first week of LL so not much less than that and im lighter now.
Its helpful to hear that others have some smaller losses too. still quicker than ww or some other diet that I wont actually stick to!

the winter months things sounds interesting, maybe I should get as much sunlight as poss and keep wrapped up?

thanks again everyone : ]

Wow I feel silly for complaining now..had official WI today and after pushing extra hard yest, loading up on water I've now lost 9.5lbs!! xD so happy!

Aw that's brilliant. I hope I can get a good loss for my 1st week. Only on day 2 & a bit of a headache just lurking under the surface. Hope it doesn't get any worse. I've already had a litre of water plus 2 black coffees & 350mls in a shake.

Wow I feel silly for complaining now..had official WI today and after pushing extra hard yest, loading up on water I've now lost 9.5lbs!! xD so happy!
well done you xx

Wow! well done x

thanks everyone :D I have been filling up pint glasses (got 3 full next to me atm) and just gluggling them down, at work I was aiming to drink a pint an hour and making a tally on my hand.
we continuously say it but I really think, water! water! water! must be what pushed the last bit of weight off.
I also think my scales were rocking around the other day so ive now drawn on my floor where to put them each time!

Just make sure you don't drink too much I'm short space of time. I'd aim for half a litre every hour that soon adds up during the day.

Back