A Male Food Diary (with female inspiration of course!)

GeordieChris83

Long Term Target Setter
Thought I'd have a go at posting my food diary as I start week 2 of SW:

Wednesday

Breakfast: Poached egg on toast (2 slices of wholemeal as HeB) with a glass of water and mini Babybell cheese light (HeA)

Borrowed a collegue's microwave egg poacher and it was eggsellent (sorry!) - much better than doing it in the pan IMO.

Lunch: Since I was so tired this morning I forgot to take my planned lunch of Lamb & Spinach curry that was left over from last night (and very tasty, from the 30 minute recipies SW book), so settled with a mini Babybell light (HeA) and a Muller Light vanilla with chocolate sprinkles (free) plus a glass of water.

Snack: Tangerine - been years since I last had one but really enjoyed it.

Dinner: Just about to enjoy some Spaghetti and Meatballs (syn free) from the 7 days to change book you get with the welcome pack. Might push the boat out and have a glass of Diet Coke :8855:

Because I had the last two mini Babybell Light I am one short for my HeA - can I have a third of the cheese allowance for the day (around 19g of Low Low) to make up the difference?

Chris

Thanks Lou :)

Thursday

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HeB) with semi skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch: Lamb & Spinach curry that was left over from Tuesday night (tasted even better second time around!) and a Muller Light vanilla with chocolate sprinkles and dark cherry (2 syns) plus a glass of water.

Dinner: Chicken noodle soup from the new recipe book we bought on Tuesday night at group it was EXTREMELY tasty!!

Didn't manage any fruit today (the peril of being at work before 6am!), but just about to go out for a twenty minute walk to walk tea off.

Snack: Mini Babybel Light (2 syns)

Total syns for today = 4 :D

Chris

Last edited:
looking good - be really good to see for perspective, i agree with the other girl abotu syns - also probably could get in more super free foods, but totally understand with working
Lx

The soup was amazing!! Onion, carrot, chicken, used vermicelli pasta, lots of stock and parsley added at the end.

Is it essential to have the syns? I'm feeling like I'm coping without them or will it be detrimental ok the long run if I don't have 5 a day?

Syns are an important part of the plan...with SW its a healthy eating plan, when you don't have syns your then dieting and not likely to adapt to a better way of eating for life.
They recommend between 5 and 15 a day. If you don't have syns now then if you start to plateau you have nothing to cut back on ( apart from free food:eek: )
Try incorporating them throughout the day....check out others diaries, cause we love our crisps / sauces / choc and oh alcohol lol
x

Thanks Claire, I was hoping to be saving them for tomorrow night for the football but as it happens I'm now at work on Saturday morning rather than the afternoon (boo!) so no alcohol for me tomorrow! Might go and grab a Babybel before bed (I don't believe any of that nonsense about nightmares lol)

Thanks again!

Chris

Last edited:
BEFORE 6am......eeeeeek :eek: poor u! I agree with Claire, have a few more syns!

Thankfully can only do a maximum of 2 early starts a week, other morning shifts start at 7am so I get a lie in lol

I just feel like I'm cheating when I have syns, I know nobody likes calling this a diet but I want to lose a lot of weight, I don't feel like I can do it if I eat bad things lol

Friday

Well a busy day at work meant I didn't have time for my Muller Light or my other clemantine :-(
Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HeB) with semi skimmed milk (HeA)

Lunch: Rest of Chicken Noodle soup from last night and a clemantines.

Dinner:
SW Lasagne from the Extra Easy cookbook but had no natural yogurt (only found out as started to cook it) so used an Asda white sauce from the cupboard which is 7 syns for the jar, so technically only 1.75 syns for the quarter that I'm using. To get the syns up I even grated some Low Low cheese on top (2 syns)

Snack
: Mini Babybel light (2 syns)

Total syns for today = 5 3/4 (might increase a bit later if I have a vodka)

Last edited:
Well after much pondering I have decided to go this evening with the tried (and tested on the out-laws!) Pasta in tomato sauce tonight for my food critical folks coming down tonight (they took me up on my passing comment of calling in on their way to Manchester Airport lol)

Realised quite quickly that after using tomatoes with chilli and adding more chilli isn't a good thing so I've balanced it out with some LF Natural Yoghurt, hopefully nobody will know!!

I'm kinda pleased they are coming down because my other half is out at a mates house tonight and I've had a long week and feeling quite down - if I wasn't cooking for 3 I may have surrendered to a takeout! :eek:

Saturday

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HeB) with semi skimmed milk (HeA) (Just for a change lol)

Lunch: Rest of lasagne (3.75 syns) from last night and a clemantine.

Dinner:
Pasta in a homemade tomato sauce with garlic, chilli, LF Natural Yoghurt, Basil, Parsley, Bacon (fried in fry light and drained), onions and peppers. (Syn free and very tasty if I do say so myself lol)

Total syns for today = 3 3/4 on food plus goodness knows how many in alcohol since I mixed my drinks all night!

Last edited:
I started this week too :) good luck! The lamb and spinach curry sounds yum - think I'll have to track that book down!

Good luck Alice - yes the Lamb & Spinach curry was one of our faves before we started SW as we've had the cook books for a few years. We have the curry one too but the curries aren't as nice in that IMHO.

I think I'll forget the syns from last night (mainly because I lost count lol)

Today is a new day though and I've started with a syn free cooked breakfast - lean bacon grilled on the George Foreman, plain omlette, beans and two slices of wholemeal toast (HeB), with cherry tomatoes on top. Very nice indeed and unbelievable that it's free!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 38
Saturday

Breakfast: Syn free cooked breakfast - bacon, omlette, toast, beans, cherry tomatoes (yum!)

Lunch: Strawberries

Snack: 6x Laughing Cow Light triangles (HeA)

Dinner:
Chicken Thai Curry (4 syns for the Light Coconut Milk)

Desert: Sugar free jelly with strawberries in (1.5 syns)

Total syns for today = 5.5

Last edited:
oh m gosh your brekkie looked absolutely gorgeous chris! i dont blame you for not being hungry enough for lunch :p

one thing though, are you on an EE day? have you thought about where you're gonna get your third superfree from? (its a bit pot kettle me bringing this up by the way as i am absolutely useless at doing it myself :rolleyes:) if you're on a green day though you could count your bacon as a second HEB and then you'd be fine without your superfree :) xx

Hi yes I'm on EE. I've got some strawberries to munch on at work and some laughing cow triangles as my HeA. Is that right?

Back