A Ninja's diary

Looks good Ninja! As sausage said, chuck a couple syns on for your olive oil, depending on quantity.
Aren't you having any snacks? *impressed* If you do, just make sure they're superfree... Fruit and veg basically.

I had an apple for a snack at work (only there for 4 hrs). Not sure how many syns to have for olive oil as there was only 2 teaspoons to do coat four chops with...would it be .5 syns?

Due to the remnants left in my fridge and cupboards, today looks like a high carb day today.

EE

B/fast
Porridge (HeB) and ryvita with cottage cheese.

Lunch
Smash pizza with onion (S), bacon, sweetcorn and mozzarella and sw chips. (cheese as HeA)

Dessert
Meringue with quark, fromage frais and strawberries (SS)

Dinner
Spaghetti carbonara and parmasan.
Muller light

Syns
Milk 3.5
Meringue 2.5
Parmasan 1
Piece of fudge 2.5

Total 9.5

1 speed and 1 super speed foods

Last edited:
A bad bad day yesterday. I don't even know where to begin with the syns. I'm just gonna list everything I ate and leave it at that.....here goes.

B/fast
5 mini chocolate eggs filled with chocolate fudge goo and porridge....not together. (milk HeA)

Lunch
Bacon (had to cut fat off after cooking and covered in grease (dabbed off)), eggs (grease dabbed off again) beans (SS) and 1 and a half slices of 800g b bread with butter (HeB).

Dinner
All I could eat Chinese buffet with dessert.

Snacks
Grapes

:break_diet::sigh::cry::cry::cry:

1 super speed food.

Last edited:
OK...new day, new start. The remains of yesterdays egg is on top of a wardrobe and later I'm going to ask my OH to hide it somewhere till next week when I'll allow myself some more.
Here's to today...so far so good :)

B/fast
2 x 400g b toast (HeB) and scrambled egg and a cup of sweetener sweetened very sweet tea (say that without your teeth in:D) (milk in tea and egg, half of HeA).

Lunch
Pork chop with fat cut off, broccoli (S), cabbage (S), carrots (S)and baby pots with skins on and gravy.

Snacks
Remnants of smash pizza from Thursday. (Cheese half HeA)

Tea
Chicken mug shot.
Muller light (SF)

Syns
LF Spread 4
Gravy 3
Cheese 2 (because the HeA bit was guess work)

Total 9

3 speed food portions.

Last edited:
My plan for the day....this is subject to change though...lol.

F/fast
Porridge and ryvita with cottage cheese.(HeB and HeA)

Lunch
Rump steak (no fat), onions (S) fried in fry light and soy sauce, sw chips, peas, broccoli (S) and carrots (S) and mayo.
Meringue, quark , fromage frais and strawberries (SS).

Tea
J/potato, tuna (S), mayo and sweetcorn.
Muller light

Syns
E L Mayo 1
Meringue 2.5
LF spread 2

Total 5.5

4 portions of Speed foods and 1 super speed today. I've decided to keep a tally of how many speed foods I eat a day.

Last edited:
Tomorrows menu is....

B/fast
Porridge and ryvita with cottage cheese (milk HeA)

Lunch
Chilli con carne and basmati rice with onions (S) and tomatoes (S)
Muller light

Tea
Bacon, eggs, baked beans (SS) and toast.
Muller light

Snack
Home made syn free crisps

Syns
2 x Toast 6
Chilli mix 2.5

Total 8.5

3 Speed and 1 super speed foods

Last edited:
I've just had my WI and I'm feeling jubilant. It's so tempting to treat myself but I really want my 2st award next week. I must be good.

B/fast
Porridge (HeB)

Lunch
Spaghetti and meatballs (homemade) with Tinned toms (S) and onions (S)with half HeA cheese sprinkled on top.
Muller light

Tea
Left over chilli (toms (S) and onion (S)) and rice from last night and rest of HeA cheese.

Snack
Apple (S)

Syns
Milk 3.5
Chilli mix 2.5

Total 6

5 portions of speed foods even though 2 of them are the same food I had them twice...lol

I can't believe how much I'm eating yet how few syns I'm using. Normally I would eat 1 main meal and a sandwich with a bag of crisps and a yoghurt. But now I'm eating 2 main meals a day but with hardly any syns.
Am I eating too much do you think?

B/fast
Porridge and ryvita (HeB) with cottage cheese (Milk HeA)

Lunch (lunch went t*t's up and I gave in to temptation with some fresh bread)
Rotisserie chicken and 3 slices of freshly baked honey and nut bread. I have no idea of the syns for this. I also had a bag of quavers.
Left over chicken (S) and pasta n sauce (cheese and broccoli)(made with left over milk allowance) with added sweetcorn

Tea
SW chips, eggs and baked beans.

Snack
Rotisserie chicken

Syns
Bread...lot's. probably 20
LF Spread 5
Crisps 5

Total 30 ish.

I'll pull it back throughout the week hopefully.

Last edited:
No - you aren't eating too much - you are eating healthily and at a quantity to satisfy your appetite. When you eat 'plenty', your body sees that there will be another meal along soon, and does not hold on to any fat stores ...

(starvation mode - it doesn't know where the next meal is coming from so holds on to whatever food you give it = weight gain)

you may find, in time, your portions may decrease a little - they may not - just follow your body, it has done you great so far.

Green day Thurs 16/4/09

No B/fast today - I had a luxury lie in...lol.

Lunch
1/2 Cous cous quiche(HeA) with bacon and onions (S) with J/P and baked beans (S)

Tea
Chinese chicken (HEB) and sweetcorn soup.
Left over quiche 1/4.(half HeA)
Muller light

Snack
Porridge (HeB and half HeA) and hot chocolate

Syns
Bacon 5
Crisps 4
Hot Choc 3
LF Spread 2

Total 14

Friday 17/4/09

EE

B/fast
Porridge and ryvita and cottage cheese.

Lunch
J/Pot an tuna (S) and mayo.

Snack
Left over chinese (S) chix and sweetcorn soup.

Tea
Pasta sauce, tiger prawns (S), sweetcorn and broccoli (S).
Meringue, fromage frais, quark, sweetener and fresh strawberries (SS)

Syns
pasta sauce 0.5
Mayo 2
Milk 3
Meringue 2.5
Bite of white bacon bap 1
oat biscuit 2

Total 11

4 Speed/1 super speed foods

Last edited:
EE

B/fast
Porridge (half of HeA)

lunch
Tuna(S) and mayo sandwich (HeB), half a bag of crisps.

Tea
Chicken (S) with baby bell cheese (Half HeA) and garlic, baby pots with skins, broccoli (S) carrots (S)
muller yoghurt.

Snack
Homemade crisps

Syns
28g porridge 5
Mayo 2
LF Spread 3
crisps 3

Total 13

4 speed foods

Last edited:
EE - tomorrows (Sunday) menu

No breakfast this morning. I didn't get up till 11.20am...lol. So I did some jobs around the house and then had lunch.

Lunch
Tuna (S), mayo and sweetcorn sandwich, bag of french fries and a muller light.

Tea
Rich tom (cherry toms (S) and tinned toms (S)) ragout (Chillies (S) swede (S) Carrots (S) onion (S)and garlic) with rice.
Meringue, fromage frais, quark and strawberries (SS)

Syns
Meringue 2.5
LF spread 1
LF mayo 0.5
Crisps 4
Hot chocolate 3

Total 11

7 speed/1 super speed foods

Last edited:
B/fast
Porridge and ryvita with cottage cheese (HeA and B)

Lunch
Rotisserie chicken (S) and Somerfield mediterranean style pasta salad (red and green peppers (S) and toms (S).

Tea
Chicken Biryani. Chicken (S) toms(S) onions (S) and petit pois (SS) rice .......YUCK!!!!!!!
Left over tom ragout and rice instead.
Muller light

Snack
cheese (remains of HeA)
Apple

Syns
Pasta salad 2
Biscuit 3
chips 2

Total 7

9 speed and 1 super speed foods.....I think..lol

Last edited:
WI day today and I had alredy decided that if I got my 2 st award that I'd eat the remains of my Easter egg.

B/fast

Lunch
Health choice pot noodle thing with added chicken and sweetcorn. 1 speed food
Muller light

Tea
Tom ragout with rice.....again. :( All gone now thank god, it was nice but there was loads of it and no room in the freezer.:rolleyes: 6 speed foods

Snacks
A whole chocolate easter egg :jelous:

Syns
Chocolate egg....all the syns, 15, maybe more.

7 speed foods

Back on track today and the thought of chocolate and Easter eggs is behind me :) Having to go into work early today so will have to take some lunch or something in with me.

B/fast

Lunch
Grilled chicken (S) and tom (S) and basil pasta salad with peppers (S) (healthy choice 2 syns for whole tub)

Dinner
Steak, SW chips, petit pois (S), carrots (S) and fried onions (S).

Snacks
Apple (S)
French fries

Syns
pasta salad 2
Mayonnaise 0.5
crisps 4

Total 6.5

7 speed foods

B/fast
Porridge and ryvita with cottage cheese (HeB)

Dinner
Sausages, sweet potato and white potato mash, carrots (S), broccoli (S) and petit pois (S) with onions (S) and gravy.

Tea
Omelette made with eggs, fromage frais, bacon, onions (s), cheese (HeA) and baked beans (SS)

Snack
Apple (S)

Syns
3 x Sausages 4.5
LF Spread .5
Gravy 2
milk 3

Total 10

6 speed and 1 super speed food

Last edited:
B/fast
I enjoyed my omelette and beans so much last night I decided to have the same again this morning.
Omelette with bacon, onions (S) and cheese (HeA) with baked beans (SS)

Dinner
Home made cheese and bacon beef burgers, lean mince, onions (S) and sw chips. (Bun HeB)
Meringue, quark, fromage frais and strawberries (SS)

Snack
Muller light

Syns
fudge 2
Bun 5
ketchup 1
cheese slices 4
Meringue 2.5

Total 14.5

2 speed and 2 super speed foods.

Didn't have a good day yesterday (saturday), I was led stray by my daughter whilst out shopping. I don't think I went mucu over 15 syns though :sigh:

B/fast
Porridge and ryvita with cottage cheese. (HeB and half HeA)

Dinner
Roast turkey (S), boiled baby potatoes with skin on, roast potatoes, stuffing, yorkshire pudding, cabbage n leek (S), carrots (S) and gravy.

Tea
J/P, quiche with cheese (half HeA), bacon, onion (S) and tomatoes (S) (fromage frais & quark) Baked beans (SS) and turkey (S)
Muller light

Snacks
KFC boneless chicken

Syns
Stuffing ball 3
York Pud 2.5
LF spread 0.5
KFC 8

Total 14

6 speed and 1 super speed foods

Last edited:
Back