A Q - sure it's been asked loads

slimmerkay

Silver Member
Eggs - really? They're FREE!

How many? I mean it doesn't say what the daily limit is. I thought too many eggs was bad for cholesterol?

We had salad tonight and I had 2 boiled eggs and feel really full now. I mean that's great but it just seems unreal LOL.

I read up on this and on the eatwell.gov (or whatever it is!) it said you can eat as many eggs as you like a week as long as you are eating enough fruit and veg, il try and find the link in a second.
I usually have 2-3 in one go and about 3-4 times a week, it seems to be ok so far, i love eggs lol

"
Eggs and cholesterol

Eggs contain cholesterol and high cholesterol levels in our blood increases our risk of heart disease.

However, the cholesterol we get from our food - and this includes eggs - has less effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the amount of saturated fat we eat. So, if you are eating a balanced diet you only need to cut down on eggs if you have been told to do so by your GP or dietitian. If your GP has told you to watch your cholesterol levels, your priority should be cutting down on saturated fats."

Hope this helps xxx

I prob have about 15 ish a week - and Im fine lol! xxx

I'm sure it says somewhere in SW or it has done in the past, maybe years ago, that they don't recommend more than 5 eggs a week. Think it was something to do with Cholestral I try and keep it within that really, even though I love them too.

What is cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a substance used to carry fats, such as essential fatty acids, around the bloodstream. It helps the body to create certain hormones and cell membranes and digest fats. Most cholesterol in our blood is made by the liver, from saturated fats in our food. Only a small amount comes from foods that are naturally high in cholesterol, such as egg yolks, prawns and offal.

Just got this from the SW site when I went to update, could'nt see anything else to do with eggs but I admit it was only a quick look.

I know last night when I expressed shock in eggs being free the lady who runs the SW club said if you have a problem with high colesterol you should restrict yourself to 4 eggs a week.

I don't have high colesterol so I'll look forward to plenty of eggs then :D I love eggs too.

Eggs used to be bad for you cholesterol-wise but they did more tests and realised they were wrong - typical! Unless told by your doctor, tuck in. I probably have about 10 large ones a week!

They make fart real bad ;)

Ruthy xxx

im really glad they were wrong, i LOVE home made quiches so much! i had a vegetable quiche last night lol!

Back