A whole lot of weight to shift.

james i really do wish you and your family all the very best.

my thoughts are with you, im sure your mums surgeon is the very best at what they do, they will do all they can.

how's your mum holding up?

if you need to chat or even just to vent in the form of a few four letter words feel free to pm me.

look after yourself and stay strong

Thanks.

It's strange because Mum has been in great spirits all the time, having a laff and joke and not had headache since the weekend, and had no pain killers since then, she has been on steroids all the time and thats shrank the swelling.

Like I say to look at her you would not think there is anything wrong, that's what seems weird, then a Dr or Nurse will come and speak about it, and then it really kicks in how serious it is.

She is in Theatre now, wont know till this afternoon how it's gone.

I was going to wait at the Hospital, but they said they will ring me as soon as they have finished.

Mum had Surgery and it went good, She was in for 8-9 hours, they got nearly all the Tumour out but said there maybe little bits left in, asked about if they knew it was Cancerous and they wont know till done test on it, As it Stands at the minute they don't think any more treatment is necessary, but don't know for sure. They hope to just monitor it with MRI scans from here but it is early doors yet.

Mum in her self was quite alert for what she has been through, she is in intensive care for the night and they hope she can go back to the ward tomorrow, all being well.

Apart from the waiting on the results of the tests they are doing it couldn't of gone any better, fingers crossed on a good result from the test.

I know it's early days but things are alot more positive than a few days ago.

Thank you for all the kind words everyone.

A big thank you, too all the Staff at QMC Nottingham, the staff on D10 All the Surgeons and Intensive care team, and everyone else I have missed out, they have all been fantastic.

wow james im so so pleased for you. and yeah the qmc is a great hospital, will be there myself Monday.

it must be such a relief for you. did they say how long she would be in for?

this really is fantastic news mate

Last edited:
Thanks, they did say a week odd and hopefully she will be out, so by next weekend if everything goes to plan.

Good luck for your visit to the Hospital on Monday, Begghead.

Hospital have just rang and the wound has been leaking so got to go back into theatre to put something in to drain it, will be doing it during the night.

Great news that the surgery went well. I know how hard this is, my mum got diagnosed with breast cancer late last year and when she told me I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. Nothing really felt right after that, like you said, the good things just felt hollow. I felt like I was standing in a snowglobe that had just been shaken up and my entire world was swirling around me. I know that this bit, the waiting, that's the hardest bit. I'm a pretty strong person and it almost broke me, I was a wreck. So a big pat on the back to you for handling it so well. If you need someone to talk to, you know where I am. I'm sure you can talk to anyone on here, they're always a great bunch.

Mum come out of Theatre around 2am, they didn't have to open the wound again but put thew drain in her back and it went well, they hope this will be all, but if it's not she will have to have a smaller tube put in her head and I think that's for life but should be able to carry on a normal life.

The Dr rang at 2am and told me, what was very good of him, and I rang this morning and they are pleased with how it went she even ate some toast for breakfast.

Thanks.

Went to see her today and they said they are quite pleased with the 2nd OP and the drain is working, it's draining a fair bit tho what is a worry i think but it did slow down abit later on.

Her arm and hand was twitching and the Nurse said it could be a slight fit/seizure and asked the DR to look at her, he never came while I as there so got to wait till tomorrow to see what they reckon, just pray for a phone call free night and everything goes well.

Lost 5 pound this week, and a mini mile stone of getting in the 300's.

8 stone gone in total so far.

Congratulations that's a huge achievement - really hope you are feeling as positive as possible about the weight loss right now, even with all of the negative stuff going on in your life - you are doing fantastically to still be sticking to your goals!

I'm still sticking to the diet and exercise, it's hard to do but like I have said before the last thing my Mum would want now is for me to fall of the wagon and start drinking again and eating crap. going to visit her in hospital in a hour hopefully get a update with how things are going as I phoned them this morning but didn't really say alot.

Treat meal to night, so will pick fish & chips up on the way home from hospital tonight, had soup at dinner instead of a sarnie and crisps so I can have bread with me tea.

Cheers Jayne.

Mum was a bit more awake today, Nurse said there pleased with the Drain and it's working well, only time will tell though I suppose when they reduce the Drain and see what the pressure is like in the head. She `is mixing alot of things up and mumbling and forgetting things, but long term memory is good it seems.

Back