Total Solution Aaron's Exante Diary

My biggest piece of advice to you, pet insurance! Yes it's not a cheap thing to have but like you said, the vet bills are extortionate. My sister's dog has had three or four operations because he's eaten socks and they've got tangled, each time costing them about £500 because they haven't had insurance and it's been emergency treatment. So definitely worth it but hopefully you won't have to use it!

And like Carrie said, slow and steady definitely wins the race. You're doing a great job though and have lost loads so far!

I'm really annoyed. Had a friend around to see Hugo today, and he picked the pup up and was cuddling him, and as he was putting him down Hugo wriggled a little bit and the dosey **** dropped him on his back, and he yelped and then ran and sat down looking at us. He didn't move for like a few seconds then he trotted off to his bed. He seems like he's really sulking and upset right now, which is making me feel upset! Maybe he is just really, really tired because he's been very active today (like VERY active) so I don't know, hope he's ok - gonna be pissed if not, and I'll mention it to the vet tomorrow what happened.

Harriet - what you wrote about the lungworm has really scared me, was out in my garden half an hour ago checking for slugs and snails and clearing them away, really don't want him anywhere NEAR them, how do you keep your dog clear of them or how do you get rid of the ugly little slimey things?

Hope Hugo is ok and it seems like he's really mad at me lol. Breaking my heart a little bit :(

Aww don't worry about it chick, he'll be fine! Dogs are far more resilient than that. It'll more be the shock of it, isn't something that he'll have experienced before most probably. But you'll see, come tomorrow morning he'll be right as rain. If you're still concerned tomorrow then mention it to the vet just to put yourself at ease. But animals really are more resilient than that, Simba ran straight out of the upstairs window chasing a moth once and fell down to the ground screeching his head off but he was fine!

Thanks Caz he was fine yeah I'm soft lol. He's kept my dad up since 04:45 and he's just set off for work now so he's not the happiest in the world...

Gonna get a couple more hours sleep then I'll weigh in :) happy Saturday and have a lovely day on the wagon all, don't fall off ;-) x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using MiniMins

Oopsie! It's one of the joys of having a puppy... told you, need paternity leave, he's just like a baby! Good luck with weigh in, not that you'll need it.

Cheers Cazzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I've just had my week 7 weigh in and I've lost 6lbs, absolutely over the moon with that, was expecting 4-5lbs but 6 is just wonderful! This week has just been one of them weeks where I've FELT like I've lost weight :D I actually think I am at my lightest point since around 2008 or something... Woot!!!!!

ALSO, I now have less weight to lose than what I have already lost... A monumental moment I have been waiting ages for :D

My BMI is now almost in the 27 rage aswell, zomg, yaaaaaaaaaaay!

*takes breath* taking pup for his injections soon, hope that goes well! lol ;)

Wooo that's a FANTASTIC loss, well done! You should be over the moon. I'm seriously impressed, makes it all worthwhile huh?

Well done Aaron, 6lbs on week 7 is amazing!!!

Over half way there, what a brilliant feeling that must be, you should be very very proud of yourself x

Thank you lovely ladies! I'm very proud, & very pleased! Not only do I feel wonderful with having that sweeeet loss, but just got back from the vets with Hugo and he was SERIOUSLY so well behaved I am amazed... The vet was quite surprised aswell lol! Aww what a little love. He got some serious attention walking through aswell, so many people wanting to stroke and see him heheeeeeeeee

Feeling happy today :)

That's fantastic Aaron! How is Hugo after his wee shock yesterday? All better now? I'm on the iPad so can't see your stats, how many lbs is that in how many weeks? I'm 2lb down this morning... So 22lb to lose in 5 weeks 6 days :) I love daily weighing :)

It's my hen doo on sat 3rd march and all o know is my outfit is a size 10-12... Oh gosh! Hope I'm properly in the 10s in 14 days?? Fingers toes n eyes are crossed lol xx

Hugo is fine today, absolutely fine hehe. He's been a great little guy today :) thank you for asking x

And I've lost 39.7 lbs since early Jan :) we're both rocking it, you'll fit into your dress and you'll look fab don't worry :D x

Fab result - well done.

Re Hugo: I recommend pet insurance if you can afford it. It's worth researching (maybe on moneysavingexpert ) as they vary, and some can refuse to renew if your dog has been sick. I use petplan - expensive but they dont argue about reimbursemnts. The only prob with all insurance is that as they get over 10years old, you have to pay 20% of all costs plus the excess. Having had both dogs quite ill, it was a godsend to get good care for the cost of the excess, especially when big red dog was terminally ill.

Ali

Hahaha DustQueen!!! Yeah, sorry, must remember to keep my geekiness out of Minimins! Lol made me laugh that :)

Thanks ali, I will be looking into pet insurance for Hugo aye :) would hate for him to get ill or have an accident and I not be able to afford to get him right!!

Just check the excesses too, sometimes worth paying slightly more if it's a lower excess but I'm sure you know that already. And I'm not sure you can keep your geekiness away from anywhere!

Lol Caroline, thank you :p

Had a nightmare morning today, heard my dad downstairs at 6 losing his rag with the dog, shouting for it to go and wee outside lol and then I heard him shouting at the cat to go away, and then shouting at the dog to leave the cat alone, and then I heard "I CAN'T DO THIS" LOL so I thought yeah, best get up and go save Hugo.

So anyway, dad was in a brutally bad mood and then left for work, I sorted Hugo and put him to bed, then I went back to bed for half an hour, woke up and took him to his food and toilet, he had a BAD stomache so I think my mum has been feeding him too many different kinds of treats at night...

I slipped aswell on the wooden floor this morning as I was trying to get Hugo out, didn't fall but bashed my knee on a cupboard which seemed to entertain the pup but didn't impress me at all lol.

Anyway, bit of a ***** way to start a Monday if you ask me... Heres to a good week of weight loss though *raises mug of coffee* and hope everyone stays on the wagon :) hoping for another decent loss this week but I'll be happy with a couple of pounds anyway :p

Sat on my dinner break at work having a thai chicken soup... and OMG, I've put either too much Bouillon into it, or too much Cayenne pepper, and it tastes like absolute sh#t! Proper disappointed, usually look forward to my soups but urgh this is a let down...

Too much B/cayenne pepper is BAD.

Dear Aaron

Here's to a great week weight loss and an improving animal week!

I recommend using a crate for Hugo and doing crate training. The main difference between the crate and his pen is that a puppy doesnt want to wee in his nest - and he sees his crate as a nest. When mine were babies, I made the cate smaller by using boxes to decrease the size...otherwise they'd go and pee/poo up the other end of the crate. There's lots on google about how to do it. Mine liked their crtaes so it isn't cruel. They get housetrained so very very quickly, and don't get under parents' feet!

I've just had half a cheese sachet and half an ommlette making a very savoury hot pancake and cos salad with 40g of red pepper. Satisfying.

Have a great rest of your day.

Ali

Uh oh so it was all in all a bad day that didn't get any better later then, hope today's better!

Back