Abi's 8 week challenge!!

i love hearing about what people have eaten, ha. i have the odd fu yung from the chinese when people get pizza, or a bit of chicken...things like that. but on the whole i'm trying to avoid food!! ha. but this week has been sloooooooooooooow. like i say. i'm hoping for a whoosh :)

abz xx

Hi Abz,

Yeah sometimes.... suddenly you just drop 2lb's.... all of a sudden.... so hang in there X Have you any plans for the weekend x

My experience, might help some

Hi Abz and others. I started this diet on 12 June and in the first 4 weeks I lost 16lb. I did SS+ and had some very small meals in place of shakes on some days. However, weight loss slowed down, week on week, 9lb first week, 4lb, 2lb then 1lb. Then I went on holiday for 2 weeks ate and drank normally (lots of wine) but tried to have healthy choices where possible, still had some desserts but not pigged out. When I came back I had only put on 2.5lb. Got straight back on and went on 810, I have 3 packs a day and an Atkins type evening meal, ie the same as my family but no carbs, ie bolognese and salad, steak and salad, chicken and veg curry (no rice), chicken stir fry, I have not just had green veg, I have had some tomato based sauces etc, all the time I have stayed in ketosis, checked every morning. Yesterday at weigh in I had lost 8.5lb in a week, so now at 22lb loss. My CDC said that the weight loss for 810 is only about 2lb less per month and I have found it soooo much easier to do. It also seems that if you have a break every few weeks, your metabolism speeds up again and then you lose more. Not saying this will suit everyone, but I thought I would share it with you all.

ha, thanks hon :)

well i don't really have plans for this weekend. i'm working tomorrow so won't be doing anything then and on sunday we might go to the cinema but i don't think we're doing anything in particular. i am looking forwards to my step thing on monday again though... and i think if i have a low carb meal this week it will be on tuesday night so it's after weigh in, ha.

abz xx

if it's working for you then stick with it hon. and i'm weighing in on tuesday too. not too hopeful though... seem to be retaining the motherload of water!!

hi Abz,

You working today?!?!?? Is it TOTM for you? i always get bloated that week and sts!!!

of course i'm working today nas. i'm shattered so obviously it's a day when i'm working, ha. have a huge cafetiere of coffee soaking nicely next to me right now and i'm going to get working on it soon :)

my totm has just finished i think... for now... one week on and one week off hasn't stopped as of yet. i also had half a fu yung last night. it was low carb but i have gained 2lbs overnight so it serves me right!! saying that, i wasn't losing anything in any case so... at least it wasn't the pizza i've been wanting to eat for the last week!!

abz xx

Don't worry about the fu yung as its low carb.....and the 2lb is water more than likely!!!! welll as you know i do 810... and my meal at the end of the day never follows cd guidelines ( well hardly ever!!!) but i do continue to lose so if it's working for me... no need to amend it is there!!!

TOTM.... i never had any problems with it on LL or CD just the bloating, but cant be nice having one week on one off.... i'm sure ya hormones don't know whats going on..... no wonder your having cravings x!!!!!

i'm going mad!! but i've managed to keep it at 1-2 times a week that i have a low carb meal, and i can never eat much anyways. so it must all be water because even the amount of calories i'm getting is so minimal!! i must be losing weight. if i was doing it every day then fair enough. but i'm not... and cravings. oh the cravings!!

abz xx

awwww i really feel for you hun!!!! it is awful.... lol cos you just focus everything around your craving!!!!! :) X than until you've had it.... your head is so not right.... lol!!! I don't think once or twice a week is detremental.... as long as it doesn't affect weightloss x

well that's just it isn't it. i can't see myself losing anything this week :( if i don't i'm just going to have to be totally insane for a while. i just don't like who it makes me though. i don't usually get pmt and the mood swings and all i'm doing at the moment is being grumpy and snappy and i'm usually such a laid back person... if i fail to lose this week i'm just going to have to be a ***** for a month... not something i'm looking forward to...

abz xx

Dont be so hard on yourself Abz!!!!! You might lose a 1lb, sts, or even gain a 1lb this week..... but don't get down, cos i can assure you if you stick with it.... next week you'll make up for this week!!!!!! :) Have ya been measured recently?just cos the scales might not be playing this week.... the inches might be less x

if you look at my sig in wek 4 i gained a lb..... it was TOTM week and i was gutted cos that was a week when i followed the plan rigid.... you just have to keep going though!!!!

oh i will. i am just so sick of being grumpy all the time... my cdc said she's only ever had one other person that it effects like this in the years she's been doing it... great, ha. my hormone levels are insane. no, i haven't been measured recently. another three weeks, well, 2.5 until i see my cdc again as she's on her hols. i did ok last week, hopefully before tuesday i'll see some kind of miracle!!

abz xx

Hi Abz and everyone else,

I have restarted cd today. I originally started in Jan and gave up after a couple of weeks but this time round I have loads more to lose so I really want to stick to it and achieve some of the results that you guys are achieving. Need consistancy.

I know I'm a bit late to join your challenge but was hoping to tag along if you all don't mind - it gives me something to aim for.

Looking forward to logging and celebrating success with you all.

Dennie:D

Woo-hoo!! Now I have another goal - great!

This is pretty addictive stuff!!

do you have an event or a short term something you are aiming for dennie?

there's an august challenge running on the cd forum too if you want to join that one?

abz xx

Well, I have a short term (very short term) goal - my birthday is next week and I really want to feel as though I'm taking control of matters but I also start my new job in September and have a whole wardrobe of what I call 'normal' clothes that I want to start wearing to work so that could be a slightly longer term goal, I also want to be finished with this by Christmas.

Will look in and try and find the other challenge you mentioned.

Thanks Abz.

ha. there's a september holiday challenge going too, although there are people in it that just have september goals. so you can join that one too. and the christmas challenge... it's a sod to update them all when you weigh in but they really help you to keep going, ha.

abz xx

Back