Abi's sleepless diary :D - introducing isobel :D

i have a physio referral. i just don't know when it will come through...

i finish on the 24th april. am using up a couple of weeks holiday and then my mat leave starts a fortnight before the baby is due.

did a really silly thing yesterday. was pushing along a shopping trolley in the asda carpark. it hit a paving slab and stopped dead. i didn't and flew headlong into it, really whacking my tummy with the handle :(

bump was, of course, still very quiet. had a bath when i got home though and she got moving. have had a few resounding kicks this morning too. so i'm sure she's fine. still. wish she would get her groove back a bit. it's nice getting the odd thump but wish she would get over this growth spurt and be a bit more reassuring!! ha.

i didn't get a doppler as i thought i would obsessively use it :D

abz xx

Hope the little one starts kicking hard soon. You will be on the countdown for your maternity leave then, April doesn't seem that far away.

10 weeks to go until i'm freeeeeeeee :D

i've also been told by my super i should avoid 'office walking' as it obviously causes me discomfort. but soon i think i'm just going to be welded to my chair. so frustrated!! ha.

am at work at the mo. bump was giving me some real thumps last night. quiet again today. think she may be settling into quiet during the day, thumping me during the night routine... which doesn't exactly bode well for sleep once she's born does it? ha.

abz xx

this is true, but she's been getting me used to those since i found out!! a bit of a break beforehand would be nice, ha.

hello... as promised dropping in to say hello :wave_cry:

We need to get our OH's trained for the night feeds, don't know about you gals but i am a living witch without sleep :eek:

Must be amazing to feel your own baby moving :D

Hey hun hope you've had a relaxing weekend.
Wimble is definitely more active at night now too, which doesn't bother me but my DH isn't liking being prodded in the back constantly :D
Hope your last few weeks at work go by quickly x

howdy guys. we are both doing just fine. have had quiet days and very active nights. was woken at 5am this morning with a few kicks. she seems to settle rather low down. she can stay there as long as she likes as when she does shove up i feel like i can't breathe!! ha.

i can't believe it's only thursday. i really really want to get out of here. can't wait for the weekend!!

abz xx

Hey! Have you began the count down to Mat Leave? :D

Glad your well but i bet your starting to get tired, its got to be hard work growing a new person :hug99: don't worry, its the beginning of the weekend tomorrow :D

Oli :D

i'm permanently shattered, ha. especially now i have to get up at 6 every morning again :(

just over 9 weeks and i'm outta here :D you aren't wrong about the count down :D

abz xx

Glad you's are both OK. I like it better when wimble is down low too. It might feel like she's about to fall out but at least I can get a full breath in and eat a meal without having to drink a bottle of Gavison lol.
I seen your post in Abbies diary about your MW and X-posted this:
Abz your new MW sounds like a right 'un, if she behaves the same way next time politely but firmly tell her you are aware of the risks associated with being overweight and pregnant but in line with your PCT and NICE guidelines you aren't considered high risk for these conditions. State you're aware of the risks, the symptoms associated with the conditions and will attend all your pre-natal appointments and ring the PAU if you're worried. If that doesn't shut her up get onto your local PALS and complain.

ha. thanks hon. am hoping i just got her on a bad day. couldn't believe over the course of one appointment she told me i was likely to have a big baby, they might miss it if i have a small baby (wtf? if i'm going to have a big one?) would get extra scans because i'm overweight and they may not be able to feel growth, told i wouldn't get them because now they only give them to women with a bmi of over 40, was higher risk of getting pre-eclampsia, was higher risk of getting gestational diabetes, would be measuring too big for my gestation, but ooh no, look, my measurements were spot on (which made me think my baby was too small) and then listened to my baby's heartbeat for all of five seconds. my old one used to let me have a wee listen too for a few seconds. then put the wrong bmi on my physio referral form as 36 when it is under (well, was when i was weighed) under 35. then told me there were birthing pools at a hospital i'm damn sure doesn't have them... and then finished off the appointment by saying she would have to move me on because she was running late (when i hadn't been there for my full half an hour).now i know she's busy etc. and was probably having a bad day. but really. oh. and she made a comment about my tummy being tender and then didn't tell me why or what i could do to help. and i was so flummoxed about all the other things she'd been saying i didn't think to ask!! doh!!

abz xx

She sounds as bad as mine :rolleyes: I'm just waiting for mine to comment on my weight, I'll be down on her like a ton of bricks. Really hope she's better at the next appointment x

Sounds like your MWs are dragons. None of mine have mentioned weight to me, except when I asked them.

You know, there are people much worse out there, your not drinking or taking drugs, your overweight - its not a sin.

well i even ASKED the first one if it was a problem and if she wanted to monitor my weight. and she said she wouldn't be weighing me again as i'd come in under the bmi that would cause concern (it is 35 and i was 34.5 but even so... ha).

At booking mine was 36, I even had to tell her I was high risk and would be shared care, she was going to put me down for MW care only. The only difference is I get a glucose tolerance test and see the consultant obstetrician at 36 weeks (if I weighed 4lbs less I wouldn't need to :rolleyes:)

i am so bored. stuck at work. 3 hours to go. nothing to do yet need to log work. i work in IT first line support, except they are now sending all our calls to another office for when i leave so there are no sodding calls coming in. aargh!!

ha. i would if i could. but my not logging my time against anything is going to make me look bad. am reading programming books at the mo so i can at least say i've done something, even if i haven't logged it.

I had to have the GTT test and growth scan as well with my son, even though I was a healthy BMI (just below 25 lol) at booking in. I was measuring well above dates, though. Suspect it will be the same this time.

I am totally counting down to mat leave too! Planning on working up until my due date again (since I always go 2 weeks over anyway I may as well) so I now have just over 5 months left. I have to take another 10 days annual leave before May though and 25 days between May and August so I will basically be part time from then! Roll on summer!!!! :D

well i sorted things out with my boss :D turns out he isn't angry with me at all. just stressed to death and he apologised for being pissy with me, which is good. and we found a few things i can work on to use up my time too. woo :)

9 weeks left until i'm out of here. and strangely, not that i'm happy i'm doing my job properly and have a new project, i think i'm going to miss it, ha. i can't win!!

Back