Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Advice about CD please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Beckyboo222, 2 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Beckyboo222

Beckyboo222 Member

Hello all!

I did CD about 4 years ago and am returning to try again and feel very excited and positive! I see my new counsellor on Saturday but just wanted some advice before I go.

I am 5ft 1 and 14st 7lb and am not sure which plan to go for. I think SS will test me too much but wondered what weight loss I could expect on the 870 (think its called that!) as want to be realistic about what I could achieve having more calories. I go to the gym 3 times a week (just swimming and treadmill) so feel I might need some more energy than SS.

Anyones advice or own experience on the different plans welcome!:)

Becky

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rose1987

rose1987 reaching my goal

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Well i saw my cdc monday , Im 5,3 and weigh 13 st 5lbs she advised me to go on the ss plan and im quite active . so it depends on your cdc i think . sorry i couldnt be of more help .

4. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    think they say you can lose roughly 12lb a month on 810 so a little less than ss/ss+ but still a very respectable amount

5. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    WSS
    If you ss/ss+ you might feel to weak to exercise. Talk to your CDC and take one day at a time. From memory (I did cd in 2008) they advise no exercise for a few weeks.

Good luck x

6. Becky

Becky Member

Thanks for all the advice! I am really keen to shed a couple of stones initially on SS with the skimmed milk option and am hoping for a good loss so may do that to give me a boost and then add a meal. Thanks!

7. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

I am doing SS+, it's an ideal "compromise" between the two for me.. Personally I was staaaaaaaaaaaaarving last time I did 810 (although it was 790 when I did it!) as the milk knocked me out of ketosis so that's something to bear in mind.. When I first started ss+ I felt quite wibbly when walking the dog - 4 weeks in I took him for a 3 hour walk yesterday and we were going at quite a pace as dd1 wanted to be up on daddy's shoulders, I honestly couldn't have gone at that pace 4 weeks ago and it's not just from a weight loss perspective as I was walking the dog at that pace before I started cambridge! So just hang on in there if you do feel wobbly to start with on cd! I read on here recently someone (FBS I think, thank you!) saying that in the first week only 15% (or something) of your energy is from fat burning but by 6 weeks in it's 85% so it explains why you feel better and better the longer you do it!

8. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I only ever did and now doing again SS+.. would end up killing someone on 3 packs a day loool :D

9. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Your post made me laugh Mrs E, blimey wouldn't like to imagine me on 3 packs during my pmt days each month,that would be frightening!x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.