Advice about CD please

Hello all!

I did CD about 4 years ago and am returning to try again and feel very excited and positive! I see my new counsellor on Saturday but just wanted some advice before I go.

I am 5ft 1 and 14st 7lb and am not sure which plan to go for. I think SS will test me too much but wondered what weight loss I could expect on the 870 (think its called that!) as want to be realistic about what I could achieve having more calories. I go to the gym 3 times a week (just swimming and treadmill) so feel I might need some more energy than SS.

Anyones advice or own experience on the different plans welcome!:)

Becky

Well i saw my cdc monday , Im 5,3 and weigh 13 st 5lbs she advised me to go on the ss plan and im quite active . so it depends on your cdc i think . sorry i couldnt be of more help .

think they say you can lose roughly 12lb a month on 810 so a little less than ss/ss+ but still a very respectable amount

think they say you can lose roughly 12lb a month on 810 so a little less than ss/ss+ but still a very respectable amount

WSS
If you ss/ss+ you might feel to weak to exercise. Talk to your CDC and take one day at a time. From memory (I did cd in 2008) they advise no exercise for a few weeks.

Good luck x

I am doing SS+, it's an ideal "compromise" between the two for me.. Personally I was staaaaaaaaaaaaarving last time I did 810 (although it was 790 when I did it!) as the milk knocked me out of ketosis so that's something to bear in mind.. When I first started ss+ I felt quite wibbly when walking the dog - 4 weeks in I took him for a 3 hour walk yesterday and we were going at quite a pace as dd1 wanted to be up on daddy's shoulders, I honestly couldn't have gone at that pace 4 weeks ago and it's not just from a weight loss perspective as I was walking the dog at that pace before I started cambridge! So just hang on in there if you do feel wobbly to start with on cd! I read on here recently someone (FBS I think, thank you!) saying that in the first week only 15% (or something) of your energy is from fat burning but by 6 weeks in it's 85% so it explains why you feel better and better the longer you do it!

Your post made me laugh Mrs E, blimey wouldn't like to imagine me on 3 packs during my pmt days each month,that would be frightening!x

Back