Attack After weeks of reading and planning, it begins...

misseveet

Good morning, so i started today! Just had a quick thought, i take hair, nail and skin supplements usually, will this affect the diet and should I lay off them for a while? Also paracetamol, is that okay whilst on dukan?

So far for breakfast I have had 2 eggs, 3 slices of chicken, a vanilla muller light with 1 tbsp oatbran (i spent a good 20 minutes wandering round Sainsbury's for this!) plus a oatbran cookie made with 1/2 tbsp of oatbran.

OH wants to go out for lunch so heading for Nandos where I will have Chicken (without skin) and watch him delve into the yummy stuff i usually enjoy!

Dinner will be steak will yog/mustard saucy thingy.

Do i need anything else or is this looking okay?

Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you are doing well on your first day and eating plenty of protein which is good. I'm on minimins on my iPhone so can't see your information, do u have much to lose?

I go to nandos all the time and would recommend the butterfly chicken breast (without the skin as u correctly say) I sometimes get a half chicken but ur not supposed to eat the chicken wings so there is often some waste.

I take multi vitamins and have done since I started. Not sure if it's the same stuff as what you take. Also paracetamol is fine. I'm just getting over tonsilitis and took loads of paracetamol with no problems!

X

Thank you very much! Have about 18lbs to loose to get to the top of my healthy bmi which I am aiming for but Mr D suggests 22lbs but will see what I feel/look like when I get to my first goal and go from there! How long have you been on Dukan? Eve

Hi eve, you're welcome.

I've been on dukan for 8 weeks. I will be starting my 9th week tomorrow. So far i've managed to lose 25 lbs (that's as of my 7th week) I don't weigh myself often as I don't own any scales and I'd prob end up weighing myself too often and gettin obsessed. Still have a lot more to lose though.

Minimins is really really helpful. You should start a diary on the diary thread it really helps to write stuff down. The recipe thread is good too and keeps things helpful. Everyon is really really nice on here x

Thank you ladies, no oils but loads of vitamins and words I dont recognise, might avoid them for the moment!

That is an amazing lose, well done. Think these forums are brilliant. Its lovely to have somewhere with such a positive vibe to come for advice and support!

I do get slightly obsessive about weighing myself, will see how I go!

Eve

I would make sure you are taking a multivitamin pill - Dr Dukan suggests you split one, and take half morning and night.

Thank you ladies, no oils but loads of vitamins and words I dont recognise, might avoid them for the moment!

That is an amazing lose, well done. Think these forums are brilliant. Its lovely to have somewhere with such a positive vibe to come for advice and support!

I do get slightly obsessive about weighing myself, will see how I go!

Eve

In his book, Dr. Dukan recommends weighing yourself daily. In one part he even said, especially during the attack phase, to weigh several times a day. (Don't do this! I would weigh more as the day went on!!! :eek:) Now, I weigh myself every other day. For me, I retain a TON of water and that is really frustrating! :(

Iv probabley been trying different diets ever since I was 11years old as Iv always been overweight. I desperatley want to loose some weight before my graduation in September so myself and my partner are trying the Dukan diet together. We've heard great things about this new diet but can you guys tell me if its at all any good or if its just another dieting scam which makes unrealistic promises?

Iv got about 5stone to lose in total so hoping this will be the answer to changing my life for the better.

Opinion please. Is there anyone who weighted around 17/18 stone (Like I do) and lost a lot since starting this plan?

Hello and welcome!

I weighed 19 st 3 lb when I started dukan 8 weeks ago and have now lost 25lbs (as of 7 weeks - I haven't weighed myself again in a while) so speaking from my experience yes it works and it is designed for those of us who have more to lose!

It is a life long committment but is very very easy to stick to! And it's not a fad because it's something that's keeps the weight off forever if you follow all for steps.

Starting dukan is the beat decision I have ever made and it's been effortless! I don't feel like I'm on a diet! It's brilliant!

If you do decide to start I'd recommend you get the book and read it before starting and fully prepare! And of course we are here to help!

X

Great post Emms!

GG - the diet works if we stick to it. It's strict, with little or no room for manoeuvre, requires some meal planning and work in the kitchen, but it turn it could give you a new life. By September you'd be well into it.

Iv probabley been trying different diets ever since I was 11years old as Iv always been overweight. I desperatley want to loose some weight before my graduation in September so myself and my partner are trying the Dukan diet together. We've heard great things about this new diet but can you guys tell me if its at all any good or if its just another dieting scam which makes unrealistic promises?

Iv got about 5stone to lose in total so hoping this will be the answer to changing my life for the better.

Opinion please. Is there anyone who weighted around 17/18 stone (Like I do) and lost a lot since starting this plan?

I just wanted to briefly comment on your concerns if this is another unrealistic diet. This is the ONLY 'diet' where I am not hungry! I've tried Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem, Atkins too, but this is the only plan where I am not starving! If you are hungry on Dukan then eat; it just comes down to eating the right foods. In essence, you are eating what your body needs and not all of the junk... :p

All the other diets I've tried, I dreamt of food, on what I was missing, obsess really and knew I would cheat eventually and always quit. I really feel hopeful about this plan.

You can do it, one day at a time! :D

Jennifer_Walker said:
In his book, Dr. Dukan recommends weighing yourself daily. In one part he even said, especially during the attack phase, to weigh several times a day. (Don't do this! I would weigh more as the day went on!!! :eek:) Now, I weigh myself every other day. For me, I retain a TON of water and that is really frustrating! :(

Followed D dukans advice initially and weighed myself often but was quite disheartened as nothing was shifting! I remembered you comments so hadnt weighed myself till this morning and 4 and a half pounds has shifted which I am jolly pleased with seeing as it on WW I was averaging 1.5 a week maximum! Certainly stamps on any choccy cravings i've been having!

Back