Aimee and Bear's Atkins Diary

Day 3
Breakfast: poached eggs and bacon
Lunch: low-carb german smoked sausage (Lidl find) and cheese
Dinner: steak with creamy garlic mushrooms and chicken salad
Snack: Pork crunch (scratchings)
Drinks de-caf coffee and tea, water and a couple of bottles of flavoured water (label said sucrose)
No sign of 'the flu' yet, which is a bit odd... thought it might have kicked in by now :confused:
Had a couple of bad headaches but put that down to caffeine withdrawal.
Hope we're doing ok anyway....:coffee:

Menus look good! I didn't have much signs of the flu ... Not that I'm complaining !! Lol :)

Day 4
Think the flu has kicked in today for both of us, but particularly for Bear :character00264:
Breakfast: gammon steak with a cheese and mushroom omelette
Lunch: Chicken salad
Dinner: Beef and broccoli stir-fry
Snacks: Babybel
Also think Bear may have entered ketosis as his breath has taken on a slightly different smell...nothing horrible just a bit 'chemically'?? :brushing teeth:
Not sure I have yet though...

ah, the dreaded Atkins Flu, it should only last a couple of days and then you'll both feel great Aimee

Day 5
Breakfast: chilli cheese omelette and bacon
Lunch: cheese and cold meats
Dinner: Roast lamb and big leafy salad.
Ketosis and 'flu' well under way for Bear- he's feeling washed out all the time :raincloud: and his breath definitely smells 'unusual' at times :faint2:.
The only sign I've had that maybe something's happening fo me is trouble sleeping- very restless night's sleep and dreams where I'm falling and then wake up with a jump :eek: ...oh and also a big bunged up in the toilet department! :ashamed0005::sign0131:

Morning:D. Good to hear you are both on track- keep going ;)

Keep gluggling water to help the insides get moving
Xxx

Thanks I'm glugging away at a big glass of water as I type :7834:
Packed the bear a 2ltr bottle of sucralose sweetened apple-flavour water for work in the hope he'll drink it- he's bad at not drinking except if it's Dr pepper or some sort of sickly fancy starbucks coffee, so trying to re-train him with water and figured apple-flavoured water might help :fingerscrossed:

He's just text me to say he's bought some ketostix off ebay. We went to Boots last night and they were £35 for 10!!!!:eek: He's apparently got 50 for about a fiver off ebay. I'm 99.9% sure he's in ketosis anyway as his breath has that funny mothballs smell to it and he's in the throes of 'flu', but he's determined to double-check and I suppose I can too as I'm not sure I am yet.
Any idea how often you should test? Like daily? :confused:

Hi everyone - pleased to meet you. I'm 'Bear' from Aimee's posts. I have always been a big guy, always had a sweet tooth (my nemesis) although since I started with Atkins I don't seem to have any worries on that side *touch wood* anyway, just wanted to thank you all for the support, and encouragement, means a lot.

And Aimee? Drinking plenty of water ;o)

Welcome to this crazy forum! Good to have you here! :)

This is turning out to be a bad day...after a rubbish night's sleep of something resembling restless leg syndrome and dreams where I'm falling, I feel completely zonked. Just tried a nap but couldn't get to sleep! Have drunk well over 2ltrs of water and still feel thirsty. Not hungry at all either. I'm guessing this is the flu then...

Will have to go and buy some potassium vit pills as just checked my bog-standard multi-vits and they don't have it :sigh:
I'm hoping it is ketosis as the bear seems to be well into that stage and has been for a couple of days, leaving me behind lol!:rolleyes:
Will force myself to have a light dinner, maybe fish rather than all this meat!:sign0137:
I know fish doesn't have the fat content of meat, but I've already had fatty steaks, bacon and cheese today, so I think I'll be alright!

Back