All About Bob

My friend goes to a few running clubs. One does plain old running, one does beach running, one does speed work and one does marathons.

Surfhunny said:
Birchfield Harriers should be able to put you in touch with running groups around that area! I'm not sure if they even have one themselves, if you google them or Alexander Stadium Perry Barr they should be able to tell you!!

Wow had to really dredge the memory banks to remember the name of the stadium!!! You never know where it might lead lol. Kelly Holmes was a Birchfield Harrier!

I'm too slow and unfit to be joining a running group, best if I just stick to trotting along the sea front with my bro :D

Wow had to really dredge the memory banks to remember the name of the stadium!!! You never know where it might lead lol. Kelly Holmes was a Birchfield Harrier!
Yes Kelly homes was a birchfield Harrier. Sal u were right perry barr Alexander stadium have many running groups.
Sunday morning 10/12 miles is this alot. ???? ( sounds it) lol thank you for your advice ladies! Xx

I'm going to ring in the morning now...

We've got this government initiative over here where the Irish Athletic Association set up "Active Fit" groups to get people off the sofa and exercising. They are facilitated by volunteers and gradually build you up and also have a walkers group and a beginners running group... but you have to be able to run 2 minutes continuously to join the running teams and I don't want to do the walking .. so need to get C25king to get me to that level.

Shanny it's almost a half marathon hun, it's a long way! But they should have a group that'll suit your level :)

Gorey I can run for 10 minutes continuously on the treadmill but outside I'm useless. I can manage about 2 and a half minutes then feel like i need to die lol. Mind I'm back to square one now, I'm sure I probably can't even run to the end of the road now.... Lol I forget I can't even WALK to the end of the street yet :eek:

Last edited:
Gosh really lol... What ashame lol I won't make a fool of myself then.
Thank you sal xxx

I'm going to be doing zumba at the Alex on a Saturday mornings now how exciting lol xx

Night ladies and thanx again x

*Shanny* said:
Gosh really lol... What ashame lol I won't make a fool of myself then.
Thank you sal xxx

I'm going to be doing zumba at the Alex on a Saturday mornings now how exciting lol xx

Night ladies and thanx again x

Aw I miss Brum sometimes, used to walk past the Alex on my way home from uni!!

Night hun x

It's BOB TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Oh I totally forgot it was a cliff hanger last week!!!!

bob bob bob bob tttttttttiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Awwwww nooooooooo!!! :( poor Darrell :(

Mmmmm cookies *drool*

you can run outside surf. it's easier than running on the dreadmill. nicer even. i've got a 5k, 10k and half marathon this year.... bleuf

i didn't want to see either of them going. i like them both.

think of the greasy fat in them. you'll taste it on your tongue yak!

why do i always need the loo when BL US comes on. i'm going to have to pause it and then skip the break/s.

great things said:
you can run outside surf. it's easier than running on the dreadmill. nicer even. i've got a 5k, 10k and half marathon this year.... bleuf

I feel like I'm going to die when I'm outside, then I have the added problem of getting back to the start but on the treadmill, when I reach death point I can just step off lol. And here lies the problem I guess lol.

I can't wait to be able to get back to it all again!!! I think it's part of the reason I feel bigger when I'm not, I'm just blobbier than normal :(

Yes Kelly homes was a birchfield Harrier. Sal u were right perry barr Alexander stadium have many running groups.
Sunday morning 10/12 miles is this alot. ???? ( sounds it) lol thank you for your advice ladies! Xx

I'm going to ring in the morning now...

13.1 is a half marathon. 6.2 miles is a 10k

i only do 10-12 miles when i'm in my final half marathon training weeks.

great things said:
i lived in brum for 2 years. :)

I lived there from 3 at uni lol where did you live?

I feel like I'm going to die when I'm outside, then I have the added problem of getting back to the start but on the treadmill, when I reach death point I can just step off lol. And here lies the problem I guess lol.

I can't wait to be able to get back to it all again!!!

you just do a walk run thing surf. don't ever think of having to get to the end running. even i have walked before today when my legs have given up on me. mind it is harder to walk then start running again. try it on the mill. when you can no longer run, walk for 5 mins then try running for 2 mins again and do this. it will increase your fitness and durability when you do go outside. you can also find a short circular route too.

right have paused sky for a loo break. will ff when i return.

Back