Allowed teas

joannef

I never normally drink tea, but to make a change from water I thought I would try some and was wondering if someone can help me.

Basically it says on the Cambridge site:-

Leaf herb teas (mint, nettle, etc) can add variety, but avoid fruit and flower teas as they contain small amounts of carbohydrate which can cause fluid retention and induce a plateau in some dieters.

As I don't normally drink tea, I have no idea what flower and fruit teas are!:confused: I have seen that Starbucks do a mint tea - does anyone else have this or is it OK to have this? I guess it is from what the Cambridge site says, but I don't want to damage all my hard work just for a cup of tea a couple of days a week!

Thanks

Hiya, flower and fruit teas are ones like jasmin or camomile. Mint tea is very nice to drink and I find it's much better than trying to drink normal tea without milk!

Teas made from the leaves are allowed such as black tea, mint tea, nettle tea, redbush tea, green tea, white tea.

But you need to avoid jasmine, chamomile, fennel (because it's made from seeds) and earl grey (because it has orange oil added to it).

Fruit teas are those like strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, etc.

And I think - having just taken a squizz at the pictures on Starbucks' website - that you should be okay with Starbucks' mint tea.

Thanks to you both for the replies.

Sounds a bit sad but I'm now looking forward to a mint tea tomorrow lunchtime!

Just check with them to make sure it doesn't contain anything it shouldn't like lemon or something - I normally opt for black coffee but if their herbal teas are safe that's great news

Back