Breakfast: porridge and gold syrup, banana
Lunch: : Southern style jambalaya and salad, apple, banana, grapes
Tea: chicken korma and rice

HEa: milk
HEb: porridge

Syns: golden syrup 2.5, chorizo 1, double cream 3, flour 1, mini creme egg 2.5
Free Snacks: persimmon, prepacked fruit, muller light

Last edited:
hello sweetie!! subscribing to your diary ;) food sounds good! the jambalya sounds yummy!! Ive never made one before but would love to!! Have you got a recipe??

I'll write it out for you later. It was very yummy and after substituting the oils for fry light it only ended up at 2 syns (could be 0 if you cut out the chorizo)

Ok let me think, You're free to hit me if i get the spices and herb measurements all wrong :p

For 2 portions medium sized portions

80g or so of rice (i only measured mine out roughly)
1/4 of a pepper (supposed to be green but i used red)
1 stick of celery cut into 1/2 cm slices
1/4 of an onion
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tbsp paprika
a tiny bit of cayenne pepper (i used 1/8th of a tsp but use more or less depending how spicy you want it)
1 bay leaf
1 clove of garlic (but i used 1/4 tbsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp thyme
black pepper
sea salt
prawns/king prawns
chorizo 20g (1 syn a portion (10g = 1 syn so add more or less if you want))
chicken (recipe says thighs but i used ready cooked chicken pieces)
chicken stock (i've not figures how much i used but it must have been at least 700ml)
couple of spring onions and couple of tomatos (but i missed out both in mine as i dont like them)

1. Spray frylight on frying pan fry off chicken so its cooked and browned, or just heated through and browned if using ready cooked, add in chorizo and fry for 30 secs, put on a hot plate and set aside
2. Put diced peppers, onion and celery in the frying pan with a little of the stock, and cook for 8 to 10 mins until soft, add in oregano, rosemary, paprika, bay leaf, cayenne pepper and garlic and fry for 30 seconds. If using tomatoes while the veges are cooking skin the tomatoes, and toss into the frying pan after the spices/herbs and cook until the tomatoes are soft
3. Add the chicken and chorizo back into the pan. Add the uncooked rice and cook for 1 min, add in salt and plenty of black pepper, pour over about half the stock, bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 10 mins. The rice takes an age to cook so as the liquid evaporates keep adding a little more in, until your rice has cooked. I ended up using about 600ml by the time the rice had all cooked even though the original recipe only called for 200ml, but just keep watch, the rice should still be quite saucy when its finished but not very runny. When nearly done add in the prawns and spring onions.

Last edited:
I hate celery too, but i couldnt actually taste it in that. Actually i have an aversion to most veg...but i couldnt taste any of it in the jambalaya haha

lost 1.5lb...3 losses in 3 weeks WHAT IS THIS, usually with me its loss, gain, loss, gain! Not that i'm complaining! But now I am at 14st 1lb...between 14st and 14 1 was where i got stuck for weeks last time, hoping its not the same this time!

breakfast: porridge and golden syrup, banana
Lunch: Tuna salad, persimmon, banana
Tea: laughing cow and ham on toast

HEa: milk
Hea: 1/2 laughing cow
HEb: porridge
Heb: bread

Syns: golden syrup 2.5, viscount 3.5, Smarties mini eggs x8 6, mini creme egg 2.5
Free Snacks: apple

Last edited:
I hope so, last time I got there i was there for a few weeks and then lost it completely, but it took me months to get from 14 1 to 13 13, better not be that long this time. But it proves weighing everyday doesnt work, i got on yesterday and sunday and it said only 0.5lb loss each time but on weigh in day it gave a 1.5lb loss haha I really should stop being a serial weigher :p

Just realised I have lost 3 and half stone since i first started SW in 2008...woohoo :D

I broke the serial weighing for ages, but then i started again. Most of the time i can go "well it probably wont stay like that" but depending on my mood i can dwell on those numbers. I'm fine with not planning my meals...mum usually goes mental though "how do i know what to get when i go shopping if you dont know what your having each night, no point in me buying chicken if you dont need chicken" haha. I just told my friend i got to 3 and half stone lost he was like "in 4 years? Thats bad", i was just like "hey try living with my body, with my syndrome that seems to have an aversion to losing more than 0.5lb a week most of the time" haha

I'm ignoring him...its coming from a guy who says he wants to loss weight but still sits on his butt and eats biscuits all day. I don't care if it takes another 4 years to lose this other 3 stone, i'll still be doing better than he is.

Whose idea what it to by smarties mini eggs...i've had two the rest are residing in my drawer.

I've gone into a sudden downer...ok well not sudden, but anyway...all my friends were on about kids, most of them are pregnant, 4 of the people i work with are pregnant, 3 people just gave birth...and everyone i seem to talk to barr my best friends are all on about having kids/being pregnant and i'm just here in the middle thinking its all right for them but when i want kids its either not going to happen or be a major struggle. I know losing weight might help the matter but i guess just thinking about the "what if i cant have kids" thought just returned to me, even though i havent thought that way for 2 years. I guess all the kid talk has just got to me, i need to get back into my "there's a chance you can have kids when you want them, its not totally out the window" frame of mine. Anywhoooo, now i've got my whinge out the way for the day i can return to trying to figure out my stupid web code.

Back