Angie-bum's getting gorgeous slim and save daily diary

Angie, I did the same and am back again too. I want to get back to goal before the summer (if we have one, that is!) We can do this!

Yep :)

did the usual am now back.

Started S&S this time last year a stone and half heavier than now, so that's motivating, at least I didn't put all of it back on.
I know the score, I know my danger times are 6 weeks in and when I've lost enough for people to notice.
Am hoping that I can be 13.7 by then and that getting into nice clothes will be motivating.

anyway am back! As usual minimins is my companion and inspiration

A big well done on keeping that stone and a half off at least and I am sure you'll be back in the 13's in no time.
First of all, roll on the 14's!

Have had quite a good day had black coffee til got home from work then veg and meat allowance and a shake as pud. Not hungry and havea shake to go.

always did get into ketosis quickly.

Day 1 nearly done with little fuss

Brilliant day. Well done! Actually getting started can be tricky but it sounds like your head is in the right place. Roll on day 2!

When I get into this head space I wonder why I've not done it b4

i suppose its my addiction to carbs, when I'm off them they have little appeal.... I so want to be thinner again.
14 looks okay on me and 15 is pushing it. 15.5 and I'm definitely not attractive. Not that attracting is my goal....not repelling would be good. People treat me differently and I feel different when heavier.

looking forward to feeling better in my skin

Hi night -owl, you must have read my mind :) my mini goal is to get down to 14 stone by my Birthday in a months time. I am determined not to be 15.7 then!

its motivating cos I know 14 stone looks so much better on me. I'm hoping I can ride out my birthday with not too many problems. It would be a dream come true to be 12.7 for Christmas Eve.....but I know the folly of such forward planning. As it is I have a very short term goal and precise focus on what I want. To be 14 stone would be a dream, to be 12.7...... Oh to be in my skinny jeans again

Keep hold of that dream, it's not that far out of reach. Certainly a stone in a month is pretty do-able if you are doing a vlcd, possibly a bit more, so you could make it, or there abouts.
Sometimes I wonder if I should just chuck out this one pair of trousers I am ultimately trying to get back into. They're chinos I bought in Hong Kong with a 28 inch waist! But I can't part with them because I remember how good wearing them made me feel. Don't give up on your dreams! Good luck.:)

Okay I'm back! Found this thread again, got my packs this morning.

hadnt realised I did well b4 by drinking black coffee and mint tea, will try that tomorrow. That and I will go get frozen cauli leeks and mushed from tesco, need something to bulk out the packs

For reference, started yesterday 1st July at 16.0 exactly

have read this thread and know what can be done in 10 weeks, will do it again

in 2012 I lost nearly 3 stone in just over 3 months. I will do it again. The good thing is I'm 10lbs lighter than when I started then

being 13 stone will be fantastic!

Last edited:
Sounds great! Good to see you posting again. Are you doing S&S? I see they have lots of new packs. I'm still on CD, and still hanging around the 12's. Going to SS next week and get myself into the 11's for the first time in 2 years! We'll get there!

Hi night-owl, yep, back on S&s :)

learnt nit from my mistake of last time bought 5 a day for cheapest option then of course was only eating 3 and a meal and didn't have enough bars for another month

this time I have just bought the 3 a day option and packing it with veg, and Turkey/ tuna/beef/eggs

tried half a pack of the carbonara but it boiled over in microwave grrrr, never mind what was left was quite tasty. Have just gone out and bought frozen cauli and broccoli mix, frozen mushrooms and big bag of ice cubes.

the carbonara is new to me and quite tasty. Also got a pack of scrambled egg, it sounds revolting but I thought I'd try it.

the mango and orange is quite yummy, the cherry choc shake alright. I've had half a maple bar which is as yummy as I remember it. But they don't do the crispy shake anymore which sucks as it was a real staple of mine :(

good to see you.

i am hoping my focus on the goal will keep me from staying, I'm certainly in the more CD SS kind of mind frame, ie no cheating. If I think how I coped with cd and exante for so long I realise I'm quite well off doing s&s as long as I stick with it.

i have a goal. I miscarried in May at nearly 5 months, which is utterly heartbreaking. But I have been trying to focus on health and getting myself fighting fit to try again. I was just under 16 when I fell pregnant and put on 10-12 lb. idealise that I need to get down quite a bit lower and losing great loads of fat is very good for fertility, so am happy to do this to lose a load. I got pregnant after losing 4 stone in 4 months back in 2008 & still managed to put on 5 stone during the pregnancy, so really for my sake and hopefully for my next baby I need to lose 3 stone. I've tried for the last 2 months to do it with low gi and exercise. I lost 10lb, but it's too slow by a long shot. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to do it before but I'm raring now :)

so, 3 packs, 1 half to a whole pack of zero noodles, 100g meat and 200g veg and 30 mins on my bike a day
i will be coming on here daily to be accountable, hope to see you here for a chat

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I'm dissing CD, it's a very useful diet and when I first did a vlcd I really needed to see someone weekly to get my focus. Now I'm an old hand and done this so many times. But the discipline of sole source on any plan is a good one to experience. The bottom line is it works :)

So, so sorry to hear your sad news. That must have been hard for you. Hopefully with a couple of stone off you will have happier news next year.

Your diet and exercise plan sounds spot on. S&S is a great diet. I'm thinking of getting myself some new packs to spice things up a bit.
Forgot about your love of the half pack! ;) It's all coming back, and that thing you used to do with the choc shake and orange essence? Did you ever work out what it was they put in the crispy shake? Someone once suggested it was toenails! :sign0137:

Welcome back sounds like you have done amazingly well with this before, I am completely new to this so look forward to hearing about your new journey :) xx

Thank you for the encouragement. It's not an easy diet to do, but as long as you don't faff about and cheat the weight falls off fast, but you have to stick to it and stick to the rules. Unfortunately I hate rules and am always trying to bend them, but not tomorrow. Am going to stick to the rules 100% and reap the benefit by weigh in day

Back again.
determined not despondent. So glad I have threads and blog entries going back to 2008 it reminds me of the pitfalls and pratfalls I experience, what helps me, what triggers me. My underestimating how long this takes, the little regard I give losing 20lbs because it's never enough. Sod it. I have to lose this weight and it's the only way I really know how to. Maintenance is trickier, we'll cross that bridge wgen we come to it!

Back