Angie's Exante Adventure

Morning Angie :) , you sound all prepped and organised for the day, well done, I hope your day goes as planned.

With regards to the ticker, this might help a couple of people who I know are having problems updating :-

How to Update Your Ticker

Your right the website is not updating at the mo, but there is a way around it. If you log onto the ticker website, and go to edit/update with your password, change your ticker with your new stats until it gives you the new BB code. Normally we would enter the new BB code and it would update our signature, but that seems to not be working so what you can do is ... once you have the new updated ticker showing on the ticker website, right click on the ticker image and go to properties, in properties it will say URL address, copy the whole of the URL address, now go to your signature, remove your old ticker and select the image icon (which is next to the smiley face) and paste the URL address and hit save, your new ticker should now be showing in your signature. (It works when we enter it as an image and not the BB code ;))

I hope its worked for u :D .

Kay xx
Thanks Kay, it seems to be working now. My problem is now the mini's signature, went to update my weekly loss, but it said I had too many 'links' not sure what that means, so just cut out the dates and kept what pounds I've lost.

15.10lb

Hi darcy, Okay, but very tiring. Not perfect diet wise but okay, was at work when I wanted to be at home, commiserated by having one too many milks in tea/coffee & filter coffee that turned my stomach.

Getting bored with mint tea, but not really liking other herbal tea.

Dinner meat and salad and Atkins bar. It's all okay.

My insight tonight is that being bored/ frustrated, I easily give myself excuses to bend the diet to breaking point.
Also I'm weak on a Friday night and when bone achingly tired. I've still eaten low cal and low carb, no diet breaking behaviour, just mozying along.
I was 15.10 this am, so 2 stone down from b4 Christmas. Am kinda thinking I'm aiming for at least 3lb a week til goal. I know I could do it quicker if I could keep to tfr, but I can't, not and eat semi normally with my family which is very important to me. Will keep coming on minimins to help my focus, easy to drift too far .

Last edited:
On a brighter note I've been looking through previous posts and found an entry saying I had got a nice pair of jeans and I could wear them at 13.8, well that's 30lbs or 10 weeks away. 10 weeks is not a long time to be able to get into my favourite jeans. That's the same time to my hubs birthday. Being able to wear my jeans then would be fab.
10 weeks, that's not long. Just have to make sure I keep on track. I do intend to get on my exercise bike soon, especially if it means I can guarantee being in my jeans by then.

Oooooh exciting. Right I will go on my bike tomorrow, I need to sleep first as I'm stuffed

I've transferred the pic over to give me inspiration. I look a hell of a lot better at 12 rather than 13.8, but if I can get into my jeans, I'll take 13.8 any day

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
It's great to find something to aim for! You're be in those jeans before you know it!

It's focussed the mind!

Just catching up. Interesting how working at home for me makes the diet easier as I have no distractions from others with biscuits, cakes and stuff.

Keep focusing on those jeans!

Yep I have long legs, but they look really stubby til I lose weight then many have commented that I've elongated.
My legs looked the best when I'm 11 stone. Unfortunately the rest of me looks too skinny at that weight. I have a big bone structure and too many other bones stick out (but I have a belly still and other plump bits).

I'll get down to 12 stone and see how it looks. I want to possibly go slightly below it, so I have room for the glycogen stores to top up my weight. Anyway, focus sing on getting into those jeans means that I'm jumping on my exercise bike tonight.

Weight today 15.10

I'm also trying to get in to an old pair of jeans - we can do it! :) hope you have a good day.

Yep I have long legs, but they look really stubby til I lose weight then many have commented that I've elongated.
My legs looked the best when I'm 11 stone. Unfortunately the rest of me looks too skinny at that weight. I have a big bone structure and too many other bones stick out (but I have a belly still and other plump bits).

I'll get down to 12 stone and see how it looks. I want to possibly go slightly below it, so I have room for the glycogen stores to top up my weight. Anyway, focus sing on getting into those jeans means that I'm jumping on my exercise bike tonight.

Weight today 15.10

Hope u have a good day too, mine's going well.

15.8lb today.

Well today I look in the mirror and I can see my outline has shrunk, sideways, considerably. =) I was very wide. I am a lot less wide.
My scales are also moving in the right direction. 15.8 this am.
Nearly 6 weeks on the diet. Not being complacent. Appreciating every pound lost, but realising I am not there yet.

When yr really big there is a strong need, born of desperation, to get slimmer as quickly as possible.
It's keeping that momentum once a great deal has been lost, when there is a lot more to go.

I don't have that desperation any more pushing me forward, but I do have an image in my head of when I will be smaller. It felt an unreal dream only a few weeks ago, but it's becoming a reality.

I don't know why I have got to this point so many times and stopped. Why? I won't this time. If I find myself stopping I'll have a good talk to myself and try to find why. I have stopped at 6 weeks. I have stopped at 13 weeks after losing 3 stone. For the life of me I can't remember why. The first symptom? Not coming on here.
I therefore pledge to myself I will come on here daily even if I have nothing to say, even if it's just to post my stats.

Today's weigh in=
Was 17.10
Am 15.8
Will be 11.10

Well done on your loss!

Very similar to you, I find that my downfall is when I mess up so don't weigh in for a week and then the same, stop coming on here! I think its to stop me facing up to the fact that I haven't lost any weight or even gained weight, then it just seems to snowball from there.

Well done on your loss!

Very similar to you, I find that my downfall is when I mess up so don't weigh in for a week and then the same, stop coming on here! I think its to stop me facing up to the fact that I haven't lost any weight or even gained weight, then it just seems to snowball from there.
Yes I think that's a familiar pattern for all of us on this forum.

Yes what's happened b4 is that I've been angry, ecstatic, hurt, celebrating or whatever strong emotion and I have used food(and alcohol) to suppress or enhance my emotions. Then guiltily, or worse, defiantly I've not wanted to fess up and not come on here, knowing I have probably gained, then half heartedly got back on track then fizzled out, content that I'm somewhat lighter, until I eat myself back to square one, wondering what the hell happened.

I'm coming on here everyday, to be accountable, to hear myself....what excuses do I have for straying.

Today I have known I am thinner, but down on myself because I got into this state again & disappointed (supermarket cafe toilet lighting and mirrors can be alarmingly frank with the reflection they provide....) and because valentines has been bypassed this year. We went out, I thought hubs was going to buy me a ham salad & get himself something, he got a starter for himself, and toasted sarnie for bubs, then he decided when he was going to order dinner, he'd had enough and didn't want to bother with dinner, so I ended up just having a cup of tea =( frankly felt left out, but also relieved diet wise. However, shopping a little time later, I decided I'd get myself some ham and a more delux Atkins bar for later. Got home and ate ham and bar resentfully. I've been playing with my daughter in the living room for the last 2 hrs, while he ignores us with his head in the iPad. Feel like punching him.

But diet/reflection wise it's been valuable =)
I use food to suppress my emotions. Angry resentful eating. And I hardly even register the hurt and anger consciously until I find myself eating, furiously.
I obviously have emotional eater written right through me like a stick of rock.

I am calmer now, if irritable with hubs who has his head up his @rse at the mo.

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad day. Men ay! I think most the time, its just because they don't think.

That post wasn't really about my other half.

My take home message to myself is noting with interest that I was upset, but didn't register it til later, then it came out with me angrily eating, knowing what I was doing, but doing it anyway. I felt justified in eating and felt a lot calmer afterwards.

I thought it was just worth noting my internal dialogue and my angry eating.

The other thing I've noticed is I'm more generally in touch with my emotions and a lot more aware what I and others look like.
I'm also spending more time looking in the mirror. Not that keen on that. Maybe I'll not look tomorrow. Part of me is fascinated by my changing looks, part of me is curious about whether I will look like 'me' again. Part of me is horrified how others must have seen me all this time, not looking like 'me', I somehow thought I was invisible.

Hmmm, this losing weight thing always shakes up my psychology and makes me think.

Summary:
Anger/hurt=triggers to eat
Eating while angry=feelings of being angrily justified
Losing weight=seeing what I actually look like in the mirror=judging myself=thinking how others see me=starting to look at others' figures to compare myself=realise I want to shut down judgemental thoughts, while being gentle with myself and others.

It's been a good day. I got a bunch of flowers late in the day, they are beautiful.
Hubs has now got head out of iPad and watching Shawn the sheep, cuddling our bubs.
It's all good

Last edited:
I eat when angry/upset/stressed, food makes me zone out and relax. When stress comes along and you are on a VLCD, a shake doesn't quite cut it and you have to find other ways to make yourself feel better. So really, it is a great learning experience - finding less destructive coping mechanisms which can take us forward in the future. I am finding immersing myself in my IPOD and appropriate tunes is getting me through tough moments. My daughter was quite poorly, when she was asleep I listened to relaxing pan pipes tunes and I felt calmer. My older son let a lot of car oil leak all over the drive... and left it there before returning home - 200 miles away . Normally I would get very annoyed over his thoughtlessness and eat myself calm. Instead I put on some rather rousing music (how old do I sound :rolleyes:) and scrubbed the drive with water and washing-up liquid. An hour later, the drive was clean and I felt elated rather than angry. Music isn't a cure all I am sure but it can certainly refocus my mood.

Well done on you fab losses so far. It's very motivating when you can start seeing those changes in the mirror.

Lizzy X

Back