Anja's Up & Down Diary

Well done on the loss Anja. Your measurements remind me that I haven't checked mine lately, really must do that.

I sympathise on the liquorice. It is horrifying how calorific some foods are, and so easy to see why we put weight on. I've done the same sort of thing and bitterly regretted it, once the stuff is in the house it keeps calling until it has been eaten.

Oh dear! A bad week. I only had one day this week at 1,000, practically every day was 1,800 to 2,000 or more. It's a monthly thing - I've noticed that the week before I'm due to start my period I eat rubbish. I haven't really eaten rubbish, just occasionally on a whim more than I should have. Am going to plan this week with an average of 800 cals per day to try & sort myself out. Only gained a lb this week but still. Also not helped by the cr*p aqua teacher coming back from being sick so I now only go once a week instead of twice (to the good teacher's lesson!).

Just done my measurements and I actually lost 1/2 an inch this week despite my weight going up a lb. All of my measurements are the same apart from my waist & bum which I lost 1/4 inch from each! Yeay!

Hi Anja, still dropping in to see how you are doing! 800 sounds a bit low unless you are alternating with higher days, isn't there a risk your body will go into starvation mode and cling to every cal?

Just worry about you Hun, don't mean to stick my beak in!

I've started an organised food diary now and I am hoping that is going to keep me on the staright and narrow! Live in hope!!

Love

Hi,

I didn't mean 800 every day, I meant an average of 800 per day, eg 1,000 one day & 600 the next or so. I think I might make it 1,000 actually as that should be a 7,000 deficit & therefore a 2lb loss.

Got my last 2 Maths assignments back, got 88 & 89 so my assignment average over the 7 assignments is 88%. Just need to get over 70 in the exam, but still have 5 books to read & make notes on before October 9th. Have also started my overlapping Accountancy course so things are incredibly hectic. Had 16 modules of book-keeping course + 4 mini- assessments to do by end October. Have done 6 modules & 1 mini-assignment so far. Am aiming to do a module any time I'm awake & have had enough of Maths but am still reasonably coherent! Not a good plan to do it when I'm feeling dim!

Still blonde but a slightly darker blonde as I accidentally lightened it too much & gave myself rosy-looking cheeks so have gone back to more natural-looking dark blonde roots with paler streaks to lighten it up and suit my face rather than making me look Rudolph-like!

Am already up to 1,000 cals with breakfast, lunch & afternoon snacks so need to go & find something low cal for dinner.

Had my MOT today; failed on a tyre then swapped out my spare & passed but have a list of 14!!!!!! items that didn't fail but need checking/repairing soonish! including my handbrake. Can't afford any of it this month. Thank God my car's automatic otherwise I'd be in trouble on hill-starts, as it is with an auto you just use foot brakes & they're fine.

Will try & sort the worst offenders when I get paid but am very aware that I'm on hol so I only get 3 weeks pay in October & my car tax is due then too. MOT should have been in Oct but I couldn't afford a triple whammy all at once! Aaaarggggh!

(Will just think happy 88% thoughts and find some food! Everything will sort itself out!)

Your life sounds so busy Anja, you are getting great marks - well done. Cars are a constant expense, but we can't live without them, sadly. I will need to change mine in the coming year, I hate the process.

I read somewhere that UDs have to be at least 1200 calories, can't remember where or why. So averaging 1000 shouldn't be too hard.

Oh dear! I must get on here more but soooo busy at the moment. My weight is going up again but what with my period, my upcoming exam & newly started course I don't really have time to think. I'm doing 1/2 an hour on my new exercise bike every night (17km per night - 35kmph, 10.5 miles) so although my weight has gone up slightly my muscle tone is getting better. If I have to put up with being slightly heavier with nice shaped thighs then so be it!

(Have now done the first 9 Accountancy modules out of 16, so 7 modules and 2 mini-assignments to go by the end of October... only 2 more Maths books to make notes on and then lots of practice questions). One full week at work to go and then next week I have Monday off, Tuesday is my exam, 3 days at work then off on hol the following weekend so something to look forward to...

Wow you have been busy. I trained in accountancy (public practice) and did some exams when I first started work, enjoyed the numerical parts but company law and auditing bored me to tears. Only two weeks till your holiday, I bet you can't wait.

More muscle is good, (note to self - must work on mine). It does weigh heavier than fat but looks soooo much better. You are doing really well to fit in the bike time when you have so much else going on.

Hi,

Just a quick note to let you know I haven't dropped off the planet! Have quite a lot of things going on at home & abroad at the mo and am therefore not around or incredibly busy with study. No weight loss these days (but no gains either so I ought to be happy with that).

Love to all xxx

Hi Anja, good to see you here again. I had wondered where you were but thought that you were probably snowed under. Good to hear you are maintaining, that is a skill in itself.

Back