Annie's atkins diary to slimdom...

OK losers, come and check in. :D

ok well I lost 2 lbs since last friday and 2 lbs in the 2 days before last fri so I am counting a total of 4lbs for week one!

Im very happy with that - Im totally keeping the end goal in sight this time - only 6 lbs to be in the 150's !!

Good for you love, well done.

OK well the weekend was a disaster, I had a friend up and went a bit mad last night and had a little cake and potato today - so not good, but on a more positive note I did wear a pair of size 12 jeans today for the first time in a couple of years. So its the rocky road back into ketosis for me now, I find weekends so hard, but I have no plans for the next couple of weeks so will be super strict!!

Morning Annie, get back on strict induction and you'll be fine love, and well done on those size 12's!

Morning :D well done on those size 12s - bet it felt fab x

Morning :D well done on those size 12s - bet it felt fab x

well they were kinda a bit small TBH and cut off the blood supply to my bottom half - but I was in them!!!;)

well I am still a little off track but as of 12.15 I am 100% comitted again. Why am I so crap, I feel so much better when I do it right but I dont stay there - why???? I think I dont dedicate enough time and effort to myself the way I do to everyone else so when people offer me things Im not nice enough to myself to say no and am more worried about how they will feel - well no more!!! I am doing this it felt bloody good to be in size 12 jeans and in another couple of weeks I bet they would fit properly. I am going to change my WI day to wednesday and WI in next week, any slight gain could send me off track completely - I dont want to know!!

Good for you! Just say no to anything you dont want - this is for you not them! get back on track 110% and by this time next week you will im sure be much happier to get on those scales xx

Thanks Vicky

Hi Annie
I am struggling to stay on track at the minute, I keep having bad days. I think setting short term goals helps. I have said 7lbs by end of next week cos I am away with my best friend in London. I might not do 7 lbs but it keeps me focused fro the next 2 weeks. I know that weekend food wise will be ok but I will drink. Then will set a new goal. I think when you have done the diet for a while you do get bored. Good luck hun

xx

I think you are right Emma I am also going to change my overall goal sligthly - 9st 12lbs should be perfect for me and I can always review it - but it does feel a bit more achievable

Don't lose heart when things get tough. This is one way of eating that forgives the slips provided we get back on track sooner rather than later.

This is a new way of living, and a new way of relating to food. One of the most useful things, to me, was to force myself to stop thinking 'diet' and 'cheating'. We are naturally hungrier some days than others. Atkins allows for that. We are not experts at this game, we are novices! Don't beat yourself up, let go of mistakes and just carry on with what works for you.

And absolutely avoid the scales if you can't bear to see a gain! Water gains come on fast and the numbers can seem shocking and demoralising. Far better to wait a week or even longer before the next weigh-in.

We are not in competition with anyone, we are doing this at our pace, for ourselves. And it's gonna be hard going at times, we know it! All the best xx

Thanks girly girl, well I feel a lot more positive today, I am modifying the diet slightly to better suit my needs but it is still low carb so I think ill keep my diary here - its just not as low carb, Im hoping it will help me stop the all or nothing approach and stop feeling like a failure and ultimately binging.

Right Im off again - to try ww this time, I quite like diet hopping it kinda works for me I get all enthusiastic at the start and at least I am not regaining the weight I lose - I might be back again before this journey is over I still think low carb is the future for me though!!

Good Luck Annie :wavey:

sad to see you go Annie - best of luck. Let us know how it goes :D

Good luck Annie.. let us know how your getting on. x

Shame you are going hun good luck and lots of love

xx

Back