Any one else obsessed??

Well I for one am guilty of falling off the wagon on Sundays recently but really hope I don't come across as gleeful in it. Although I can't deny that I've enjoyed what I've eaten but I do regret it for the week after and work hard (or so I think) to get back on track. I would recommend the 20's thread as everyone's really nice and doesn't parade their mishaps as if it's something to be proud of, we usually want someone to kick us up the a$$!

jezzi999 said:
For those of you that potter around the team threads, are there any threads that are sort of "strict" SW?

Sorry I know it sounds a bit mad, but I am on the SW from home thread, and I've had a look at the 20 something's thread as well, but I find it really hard as there's been a lot lately (on many threads) with people going Mmm had a pizza tonight and it was yummy, oh I had a full blow out Chinese and it was great.... And I find that really triggering.

I know we all eat off plans sometimes, and I have no problem with people falling off plan and regretting it, or having a flexi syn day or whatever, but I really struggle when people are completely off plan and revelling in it on the thread, I feel like I'm having my nose rubbed in it!

Any suggestions?

We're pretty strict on the 9's to 8's thread if you're interested. Quite often have challenges, were motivational, supportive of each other & generally exercise a fair bit. We often talk the biggest load of nonsense as well.....pretty good thread really lol!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

jezzi999 said:
I don't think I've been in the 9s since I was about 9! :) but thanks!

You're welcome......we're all midgets in there that's why!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

For those of you that potter around the team threads, are there any threads that are sort of "strict" SW?

Sorry I know it sounds a bit mad, but I am on the SW from home thread, and I've had a look at the 20 something's thread as well, but I find it really hard as there's been a lot lately (on many threads) with people going Mmm had a pizza tonight and it was yummy, oh I had a full blow out Chinese and it was great.... And I find that really triggering.

I know we all eat off plans sometimes, and I have no problem with people falling off plan and regretting it, or having a flexi syn day or whatever, but I really struggle when people are completely off plan and revelling in it on the thread, I feel like I'm having my nose rubbed in it!

Any suggestions?

I have had bad days lately, but I def don't revel in it. I'm trying to relax a bit more considering I'm in my target range but whenever I talk about it its not a good thing. You could always try setting up a thread I'm sure loads of people would be happy to join you :)

We all need that kick up the bum sometimes and I can understand reading about everyone's bad days especially if they're making out its a good thing can be a bit dis-motivational (if that's a word)

I actually worry about this all the time, that I've become REALLY boring since starting SW. It's my first thought in the morning and last at night. I love talking about food and the gym and occasionally struggle to think of other things to talk about. I clearly need to stop that.
I think it's happened to us because we're so focussed on it, it's a complete lifestyle change so naturally it's a novelty...hopefully we become used to it and less obsessive soon!

Aw I know what you mean. But sorry to tell you if youre anything like me its no longer a novelty, I have been at target 12 months, nearly been doing S W 2 years and I am totally, and I mean totally obsessed!!!! Sorry to break bad news ha ha. On the positive, its not a bad obsession is it? Better than cakes and crisps I suppose! :)

Nope, not obsessed, sadly, but you have no idea how much i wish that i were!
I just cannot for the life of me get my head into gear and it's really annoying the c*** out of me! :(

It's weird though, as i'm naturally a bit obsessive with other things, but for some reason, SW just isn't sticking in that way and i don't understand why, so how about you throw a girl a bone and spread some of your obsession this way :p pretty please :D

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I check mini mins :-( people actually roll their eyes when I talk about it now and some people feel nervous eating around me Incase I comment lol. My boyfriend was so sick of it until he decided he could lose a little bit of weight. Ate what I ate for 5 days and lost 3 pounds!! He's not rolling his eyes no more!!

Have u ever thought of becoming a consultant.

P.s I'm so obsessed I'm sitting in the bath on minimums

Yeah, it pisses my wife off something rotten, and i rarely ever talk about it to her. I never tell her my weekly losses. I didnt even tell her i had reached target.

I hate unexpected meals out or places with nothing slimming world friendly. I like to be able to plan and if suddenly I'm told I'm eating out it freaks me out, people think that's weird which maybe it is, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of planning.

I hate the way others say "you are not going to be on your diet tonight as well are you?" Well, yes. I am. Not being on my diet led to me reaching 21st and 9lbs.

It takes over your life, it's all you think about, people offer you a biscuit and your thinking how many syns is that, people at work eating there own dinner and im thinking ooh how many syns is that. I talk about it constantly to people. So many people say to me I don't understand how the diet works? They say how can you eat spaghetti bolagnese and egg and chips and curry and still lose weight?? I get really wound up and say well it odviously works and then talk them to death about the changes Iv made like extra lean meat and fry light

I'm totally obsessed with it to the point that last week when I mistakenly thought the new mag came out on monday I went to 4 shops looking for it, and then did the same again on Tuesday lol. I've always loved cooking but before SW I'd gotten stuck in a rut with it all cooking only a few meals that I knew all 3 kids would eat, now I'm trying something new a couple of times a week (at least) and I'm loving it. Awesome thing is most of the meals have gone down well with all 3 kids too.

Yeah, it pisses my wife off something rotten, and i rarely ever talk about it to her. I never tell her my weekly losses. I didnt even tell her i had reached target.

Aw that is such a shame, well a big congratulations from a fellow target member. I know what you mean though, during my weight loss journey my son and daughter in law have never mentioned my weight loss at all. It is a bit hurtful I think! Again, well done gazter!

Aw that is a shame because you have done amazing Gazter so massive congrats from here :D

Aw that is such a shame, well a big congratulations from a fellow target member. I know what you mean though, during my weight loss journey my son and daughter in law have never mentioned my weight loss at all. It is a bit hurtful I think! Again, well done gazter!

I think people just dont think about it maybe, or wrapped up in their own worlds.
hubby's mum never says anything to him, he purposely told them he'd just got his 2 st award (halfway to target) and all she says is "oh so and so has lost weight, or i need to do this, or something else that turns it round to her" it makes me angry and sad all at the same time :(

Back