Anyone ask their consultant to NOT announce club 10 cert?

My consultant announces our total loss do far every week but then she ALSO goes round the group and announces exactly what you've lost or gained every week. Because she does it every week and to every person I'd feel really awkward asking her NOT too...if that makes sense?

Legomom said:
My consultant announces our total loss do far every week but then she ALSO goes round the group and announces exactly what you've lost or gained every week. Because she does it every week and to every person I'd feel really awkward asking her NOT too...if that makes sense?

This is what my C does too. If you've had a gain she'll ask if your happy to talk about it but I feel if you were to say no it draws even more attention to yourself.

I don't go to class for that very reason, I am ashamed of my weight and would hate for people to know how heavy I am!! I don't mind on here cos I'm anonymous, but if anyone notices how much I'm losing, I just say I have lost a couple of pounds, not a couple of stone!! I totally understand where you are coming from xxx

Hey I noticed we are about the same height and our goal weights are the same so I thought I would holla at you!

4 weeks ago I felt exactly the same as you, and I wouldn't even let my partner know my exact weight because I was ashamed. I literally have no idea what made me walk into the Slimming World class that night, but I did. And I shared my weight which I was so ashamed of with the 3 WI ladies. It was a couple of pounds more than I thought. Anyway, once they knew and it was written in my book, I felt like a huge weight (ha, excuse the pun!) had been lifted off my shoulders. I came home and told my partner and what I planned to do about it and everyone was lovely. Plus they all wanted to help me to help myself which was even better. I now weigh less than I have done in years, after just 1 month at group and i feel so encouraged by these people I don't really know. I have even started telling some friends and things which is not something I ever would have contemplated before. I think the point I am getting at is that it would be great if you could feel this way too, and i can't recommend physically going to a group highly enough - without this, there is no way I would be as committed to losing the weight as I am at the minute.

Be proud of your achievement, let everyone clap you for reaching your club 10! I always felt proud at every milestone being reached and now miss it as I have reached target...
As others have said, we are all there for the same reason, to loose weight, BE PROUD! go for it..

The amount you have gained shouldn't be anounced x

This is what my C does too. If you've had a gain she'll ask if your happy to talk about it but I feel if you were to say no it draws even more attention to yourself.

I believe it is now policy that the amount of any gain is mentioned. I'm not saying I agree with it but the reasoning is that a gain is not something we should be ashamed of and talking opening about it is a way of removing the embarrassment and guilt.

I believe it is now policy that the amount of any gain is mentioned. I'm not saying I agree with it but the reasoning is that a gain is not something we should be ashamed of and talking opening about it is a way of removing the embarrassment and guilt.

Whoops sorry hadn't heard of this, don't attend group any more!
Can kind of see the logic but it could put a lot of people off would have thought x

Whoops sorry hadn't heard of this, don't attend group any more!
Can kind of see the logic but it could put a lot of people off would have thought x

My consultant used to say there'd been a gain but never mentioned what it was. I haven't been since December so don't know if it's changed. She was very keen to make sure people didn't feel bad or guilty about it though

If it's a big gain our consultant doesn't mention it, if it's one to two then she will do.

Back to the OP.... You can ask your consultant not to mention anything, any awards, any losses or gains, in fact we have people who stay to IT but not get mentioned at all. It's their choice.

As for Club 10, as others have said, you can work it out but I know I couldn't be bothered to do that. I doubt anyone really cares what people actually weigh, it's about celebrating those achievements.

I let her read them out and I took them proudly.. everyone clapped me for about ten minutes.. got my club 10, 1.5 stone award and slimmer of the week :) xx

My consultant always asks people how they are first, usually those who have had a gain will say something along the lines of - "hmmph, would be better if I hadn't gained xlbs!" If by the time they get to the end of that they haven't said it she will say- "well small gain this week, any idea what happened?" She is very good at playing it by ear and knows most of us don't care if a gain is talked about, but those who are a bit more withdrawn about it she will just talk about the coming week which is nice x

wnt2byummymummy1 said:
I let her read them out and I took them proudly.. everyone clapped me for about ten minutes.. got my club 10, 1.5 stone award and slimmer of the week :) xx

Well done! Bet you're glad you didn't stop her now :)
we are all in this together and all trying to get to the same place- target! It might be a different number for each person but the number doesn't matter, its how that number makes you feel compared to where you've come from that's important! Xx

I got my 2stone and Club 10 on the same day - didn't take a lot of maths to work that one out! I guess I didn't mind, because what I weighed in the past is in the past, and what I weigh now may be higher than others, but it's a work in progress. Any achievement iis worth celebrating in my opinion(even if I do find it really weird still when people clap for me!)

Back