Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

I only lost a pound first week. But it has not felt remotely like a diet so I can do this for a long time! My weight has dropped 2lb overnight though and weigh in was yesterday, so 2lb down already this week! People are having really big losses on this though.

i suppose its also how much you have to lose, if its only 2 or 3 stone its is always harder to shift anyway.

Thats also true, but sometimes losing the small amounts is just as hard. Body gets stuck, my friend has lost over 43lb on WW over 18 months and cant get over that amount goes up and down like a yo yo but cant get over that 43lbs and she nneds to lose another 7lbs to be healthly and not overweight, been stuck at this weight for goodness know how long. Tried changing her diet, the foods, the water and not helping.

But shes off to America on the 1st october and is happy with her weight loss so far and will just get back on it when she gets back, so will be a mini restart for her. Maybe thats what she needs a few weeks of normal no dieting to kick start her body.

i think sometimes you need to have a break to shake your body up, i lost 7 st earlier this year but due to holidays parties etc put a bit back on, but i am not bothered because i know when i start again it will come off well, I HOPE lol

help, just tried to order off DC, I dont do milk at all, I am forced to buy breakfasts, anyone else in the same position and if so what can you do?

help, just tried to order off DC, I dont do milk at all, I am forced to buy breakfasts, anyone else in the same position and if so what can you do?

Speak to them about it, they are very good and helpful. I found ordering by phone easier as hamper pack you need to put in brekkie and I dont do Granola at all, I have special K, told them them this and they let me order more soups and mains.

Hi everyone.

I have signed up for the Monthly subscription to Diet Chef which is due to be delivered on Wednesday. Cant wait to start it!!!:D

Hi Jennybaby - good Luck

I read that you can get some of the food packs/soups from waitrose? Is this right? What are they actually called?

Im looking to buddy up with someone as I am hoping to start this diet asap! Lord knows I need it! On the plus side I am joining the gym tomorrow! yayayay!! x

Last edited:
You are right pretty in ink you can source the food elsewhere, you can find some of the main meals and food packs in lots of shop Adsa, Sainburys just look for the LWWF logo. I found some of their soups in the soup aisle with the packet soups that you make up with water and such, not with the Heinz, Baxters etc. Good luck

Where do you hail from???

I hail from Lincolnshire!!

I am humming n harring about DC I swaying towards certainly giving it a go... but then part of me is hmmmmmm. Yet there seem to be so many of you that have done brill on it!!

Hi Shep what do you mean down days?

I'm doing the meals, not struck on the breakfasts - the porridge is okay but not really got into the granola and it seems a to have a lot of cals in it for something I'm not that struck on. I got mhy DC through QVC so am going to get another month through from them then go direct to LWWF as there are some nice sounding mains on there although some of the ones in on DC aren't there I think it will still be good - and cheaper.

S.S.

Hi Shep what do you mean down days?

I'm doing the meals, not struck on the breakfasts - the porridge is okay but not really got into the granola and it seems a to have a lot of cals in it for something I'm not that struck on. I got mhy DC through QVC so am going to get another month through from them then go direct to LWWF as there are some nice sounding mains on there although some of the ones in on DC aren't there I think it will still be good - and cheaper.

S.S.

Some days I am way under my calories and completely stuffed so I count that as a down day and others when I eat all plus my veg and am still hungry so on those I have a little extra (up day) that way dont feel deprived when I am hungry and knowing that the day before I have a Down day I know those few extra cals wont hurt.

I am a 75 year old male and have since early middle age struggled to keep my weight down. Once or twice I have been obese but have managed to get down to being merely overweight. I have been a member of Weightwatchers, I have tried, very briefly the Atkins Diet and the no carbohydrates diet. Atkins didn't work for me although I admit it works for others. I always felt hungry when restricting carbohydrates and although the weightwatchers points system was quite logical I found it unduly restrictive. I found I needed extra will power when on a diet - surprise, surprise! Being divorced I am a solitary eater - meals cooked for one are expensive and the restrictions
imposed by most diets make them even more expensive.

I came across Dietchef on the internet and as I have a decent microwave I thought I'd give it a try. (I know I could use a saucepan but that requires watching and checking etc - boring, boring)

I insisted on purchasing the 1200 calory diet even it is called the Female Diet. I'm not that active at 75 - indeed I might be called lazy
and I didn't think I would expend that much more energy than the average woman.

From the very first week I found it a success. Obviously I didn't lose that much in a week so why think it a success so early?

I DIDN'T FEEL HUNGRY.

That fact and probably that fact almost alone makes Dietchef worthwhile and one hardly needs encouragement to persevere with it.
One should throw out of the window all those diets that require will power. We all have a limited amount of that quality and when even the supposedly successful diets need time to work that will power soon begins to run out.

I was roundabout 12 stone when I started in mid November 2009 and have lost eleven pounds in weight. In fact I weigh less at the moment than I have weighed for over two decades. I do not drink a quart of water (ugh) a day but I do drink a couple of cans of Diet Coke
and plenty of coffee with a small amount of milk. I make sure I steam quite large portions of green vegetables - I adore spinach which helps. I also eat at least one orange and one apple a day together with small amounts of pomegranates and grapes.

I've only one worry. How can I go without Dietchef when I have lost a further ten or eleven pounds or so? Perhaps I'll just add a few calories here and there and keep on with the diet although my weight loss need will have disappeared - I might even graduate to the male diet.

Expense? A solitary eater if he or she wants to eat properly must spend at least seven or eight pounds a day on decent meals. I find Dietchef's cost of £5.43 (if the purchase is for the month) together with two or three pounds for fruit and vegetables works out rather neatly.

Anyway good luck to any who follow my trail.

Last edited:
Back