anyone want to do an AB challenge??

BREN

destination .... SLIMSVILLE!
Hi all going on a holiday in 29 days and plan to work on my ab's so I'm feeling bikini ready!

Aiming for 250 sit ups a day, not necessarily in the one go. Probably half in the morning and other half before bed?

Just post your name and number below!

Bren - 250:):):):)

ok i'll join, will start tomorrow,

what ever you do i'll match so 250 it is.

what type of sit ups are you doing?
the basic ones, crunches, leg raises, on the swiss ball......??

I do basic, fit ball, sides or abs and yoga leg lifts which kill your lower abs. Any combination really! Glad some one has joined. As i'm in Melbourne I will start today and just about to go to the gym!

Will post again later.

Bren
X

How's CD going so far for you??

cool i'll do all as well.
well can't let you start alone,
but it is 12 midnight here so that may be the reason why not alot of replies. (so if you don't hear from me for about 9 hours it's because i'm sleeping).
make a not of how much of what roughly and i'll copy you no problem.
love the lower leg raises, prefer them then any other type.
love the feeling and quick progress you see when doing them.

Well T,

I did 100 normal combo of using an incline bench at the gym and a fit ball. Then 25 on each side on the fit ball (50) so another 100 later and some of that will be leg raises!

Sleep well. I sometimes loose track of the 11 hour time difference!!

Bren
X

Ok.. I'm really really new to this - I do karate so this will definately help. :)

I'm not going to commit to 250 though that scares the crap out of me! lol
I'll ay 100 a day :) split into 4 sets at first - till I know if I can do 50 in a row! ;) Then 2 sets. :)

Hi Bren :)I applaud you that is is a lot of abs. I am encourage.:p I am just starting back my weight loss regime today. Diet and some exercise. I havent been exercising for months So since I am just starting I will aim for 50 and try to build up every few days.

Bren what day exactly are you going away. So I have a date this challeng will end.

cool, bren will folow that combo.
give me a few hours as just going out and before i go bed i will do them.

T x

I only got 150 done yesterday at the gym and then fell asleep on the couch watching tv and then hubby woke me and took me to bed..... So yesterday 150.

I've already been to the gym this morning and did 200 throughout my 80min session!! WOO! So promise tonight will do the other 50. My stomach was quite sore this morning from the 150 yesterday just goes to show I am pushing my comfort zone. I do abs all the time but usually just 25 or 50 in a row then get cracking into my work out. It's amazing how I feel better (slimmer) just from that sore muscle feeling.

USA girl, my leave date is the 5th of April so will make my last day, including, 4th April. Are you in????

Bren
X

Hey Bren

I am going to try to work more on my cardio at this point and slowly build up my weights. I dont think this challenge is for me since I am just starting, but I will be here rooting :happy096: and cheering you on.

Thanks hun.

I only did the 200 yesterday as I ran out of time before going out to see some bands last night and when I got home at 1.45am they didn't even enter my mind??? Funny that..

Today is not gym but just about to head off for a 1 hour walk and my stomach is really sore today from all these sit ups, I love that feeling means it's working!

Tryer, how did you go??

Bren
X

hi
i have done my sit ups, wow absolutely love them,
been to work gym to do them.
so can't wait for today to mix up the routine a little and get some great music that makes me want to work out harder to them.
how is it going bren?

I have a belly yes ..... a belly. lol. Sorry thought I would try and make you all smile.

This is the only real fat area i have a problem with. Would you all suggest that the best way to get rid of this would be to just do sit ups and work on the abs.

I'm keen to join in on the challange but dont know if I should stick with what I have been doing already.

Cheers

belly lol, err i think as you can't spot reduce, you need to burn the belly off, diet, cardio and situps to get s stronger core.

ok have done, 50 normal situps,
30 each side sit ups, 30 on ball (hate the ball always fall off) =90 +50,
and 50 leg raises.
thats all for today but i will add the rest to tomorrow ill do some in the morning as well as night.

think i might take a starting pic so i can track changes in stomach muscles and shape.

how was today bren? x

OMG!!! Went for my walk yesterday morning, flat out for an hour and then spent the entire day with hubby.... was lovely!

So................. forgot to do my sit ups. I will try and add 50 to the next 4 days to make up for it. PROMISE!!!

PCmonkey, yes sit ups do work and you will feel more concave in the stomach after about a week and notice it the day you dont do them. Once in a routine they are very easy to maintain. I do them at the gym or before bed or when I wake in the morning. They are simple and make you feel good.

Tryer well done, how's CD going??

Bren
X

Well I'll join in with 50 a day. I did like maybe 70 different cross punch, leg ups and normal etc last night so Ill go with 50 and work my way up from there.

Sounds good I've just done 110 and going to get back on the floor now to do the other 140!!!

Know it will be worth it in a month, well just under...

Bren
x

I havent done any yet had to be up well early for work and on top of this I barely got any sleep. Well as soon as I finish work its time for some situp action. Might even do a few press ups as well even thou my arms are killing ;)

hey bren and pc monkey.

cd is going great, had temptation last night but i stuck like glue to this diet.
what is reallly weird /good is that i am visualising myself think, which is very powerful and i am not straying from the cd for me this week it is the water but i' trying my best and making my shakes more water based so i am getting in what i think i may be missing in the form of pure water.
done my extra sit ups this morning, so i have 180 left of todays sit ups and will do them before i go to bed.
really need to get on the vibration plate in the gym.

who has one at there gym? and if so do you guys want to incorperate this into a routine?

bren an hour walking is great, gosh it reminds me oof the days when i used to walk everywhere, and i know it really does burn the calories. and adding 50 each night is great idea.

pc monkey get some sleep rest your body then exercise and so them sit ups to full propper potential.

tryer

keep up good work girls xx

Back