ArcticMonkeys* and Sophie2324's Journals

Hey Sam, How you doing??

Bunnycd's thread is awesome, its definitely a great motivational boost! I use to always look at before/after pics to help when I get down.

I hope you're feeling better now, how are you finding it? Sorry for the late reply, whenever I popped on I only read the threads at the top of the list. Keep us informed how you're doing. You are always there for us, we are here for you too!!

xxx

31/07/2007

So, today is day 2 after another weekend of being naughty. It was my birthday weekend afterall. I was VERY bad, and have been feeling VERY guilty as a result.

Yesterday I stuck to SS 100% and today I have as well, only thing I'm lacking is water in-take. Whether its the right or wrong thing to do I'm going to drink tons tonight (if I can be bothered lol) and drink as usual tomorrow at work until I weigh in tomorrow evening (good luck me - I need it!!!!!!!!!)

I was too scared to weigh Sunday night, but I did on Sunday morning (well mid-day) and I was about 5lb heavier than my last weigh day. I'm just praying that only 2 and a half days back on SS will have shifted a few ready for my weigh day tomorrow.

I'm off out drinking again this weekend, I would like to stick to do the diet. But I'm feeling very down about my social life and things at the moment, and as I didn't go out drinking on my 21st and called a saddo by the majority of people I've spoken to since, I feel I MUST go out Saturday, and to be honest, I actually want to. When I last went out I was almost 2 and a half stones lighter than when I went out back in April/May. I felt alot more at ease with myself, however, still self concious. It was just nice to wear something other than black to be honest (I'm still true to my roots, black is me, but it was nice to feel a bit more normal).

So, so far so good. Going to SS up until Friday and then I'm going to 790 it on Friday and then eat on Saturday in order to not get so wasted on Saturday night and feel even iller with a hangover than I normally do.

I don't want to spend £175 on jewellry :( its too much money to spend on jewellry and everything I like/LOVE is genuinely a reasonable price range constume jewellry from Accessorize - my shop! DAMMIT!

I bought another top today which was nice, it was actually a size 14, its a little tight though. I want to wear it with leggings but its too short, and its too long for jeans - DILEMA! It was £35 ... I feel sick coz now I've lost a bit of weight I keep buying the odd top etc although I still have hardly any clothes (I've NEVER bought them before in the past) With many a money issue, I fear the worst. I've spent all my birthday money including the £175 and not even on what I HAVE to buy with it! So I'm quids down already and its only been 4 days since my day.

I was really, really down yesterday. Looks wise, weight wise, face wise, men/family/work and general self-issues. I'm feeling a bit better today but I still feel like a complete minger! I need to get some money to sort my skin/teeth out really badly but I can't just magic a couple of grand. Equally, I can't ever save £2.00 let alone £1k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, off to read Ceri's thread again and reply!

Later xxx

HELLO CERI!!!!!!!!!
Sort your computer out! We love hearing from you, especially that you enjoy our petty thread hahaha!
I'm so glad you've been enjoying yourself and its not effected your weight at all, thats brilliant! Congratulations and well done to you. Are you back SSing now or are you still living it up??
Keep us informed of your progress/nights out etc, and THANK YOU for the happy birthday, I loved it!! :D
Fill us in! xx

Hey AM.

Well done on sticking to SS for two days. Dont worry about the 5lb. It was your birthday after all, and it will mostly be water so it may well be off by the time you weigh in.Good luck for weigh in today.

You sound like you are really back in control of the diet. You just have to be careful that on the occasions you decide to eat you dont use it as an excuse for a full blown binge. You need to learn to eat sensibly if you want to keep the weight off.

Did you realise you only need to lose 3lb to take you past the 1/2 way point on your diet? If you are really strict with yourself you could do that by the weekend and that might motivate you not to go too mad when you go out on Saturday.

You are doing really really well. I have struggled myself for the last week or so and have eaten a couple of times now (only nibbled on meat so not out of ketosis) but it is really really hard.

1st August.........

So today is a new day a new month and a new mindset! I am now going to be doing SS for a whole month without having any blips, or weighing. Im finally back to being motivated to continue this all the way through...

I am a bit worried that my motivation will lack because im not going to be weighed for a month and that seems like such a long long time to see the benefits of sticking to SS. Im going to attempt to think that at least when i go to weigh i hope that i loose at least a stone in the next month!

Im quite excited now because i have found my motivation and i have not had anything positive to think since before glastonbury which was june so after a month of acheiving nothing really i am now going to be very strict with myself.

I am only having one time when im not going to be sticking to this and thats when i go to a wedding and i have no choice but to eat (in the words of my uncle) cos it cost them so much to buy lol! So thats one day and one day only for the whole of this month that i will eat anything.

I was annoyed i must say when i went to see my CDC because she was aware that was away for 2 weeks before she was away for 2 weeks. She wouldnt let any kind of pre-orders be made which has meant to extra stress then she didnt have enough to cover the whole 4 weeks arghhhh... Then when i weighed i knew i had put on me and AM had a very very bad weekend including food, drink and red bull (im sure thats well bad). Anyway i only restarted ss on my weigh day and was well and truly bloated so i knew id be carrying loads water. Anyway i stood on the scales and was like ahhh 2 lbs aint that bad worst thing was my CDC said well done you have lost 2lbs and i was like no i havnt lol! I didnt mind cos i was expecting to put on but for her to say that - how gutted would you be if i hadnt been expecting it and for her to get it wrong it means that i have lost that much more confidence in the woman to be perfectly honest.....

xxxx

Hey Ceri - how is the computer now, i love seeing that you have come to have a look at our tragicness lol! How was all the events and eating and partying and drinking that you went to? Wow congrats on no weightgain though :D. How have you been other than all the above lol, how are you finding getting back into ss? xx

Hey Sam, thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I did have a really good week then, i had AMs birthday celebrations last weekend but now im event free i may be a bit of a saddo and not do much but i will even if it kills me stick to this for a month lol. Are you feeling anymore motivated atm? Ive had rubbish motivation untill today about 1 hour ago haha. Im going to hardcore hit it this month and try to loose as much as possible as i only have one thing to go to this month... Hope your ok Sam and are managing to pull through keep it up your doing amazing :) xx

hey sophie. you sound really determined to do it this time. Why not pop along to boots or something once a week to keep an eye on your weight as I think a month between weigh ins would really mess with my mind and I would definately cheat. If you are good you will definately get at least a stone off which will take you well past your half way point!

I have been good so far today, thanks for asking. I have cheated a bit over the last 3 days but not come out of ketosis as I have only cheated with chicken and ham. Its bloody hard though. I go away tomorrow for 4 days and am going to 790 while Im away.

Glad to hear you are both sounding more positive.

Hey sam, well done so far today...i may not be too liked for this comment however ok so you have cheated but at least its only with things that dont take you out of ketosis and only increase your overall calorie intake. I had been cheating quite a lot with things like that (everyday lol) but i was having big amounts of the stuff.

I am more positive however im finding it hard already i think this is because i had eaten bread which is filling and im feeling the hunger today but its not too bad yet - just increasing the amoung of gum im eating lol!

I think i will be going to boots cos i can see lots of little slip ups knowing that i have all that time to bring it back together...

Are you going away anywhere nice? Have you done 790 before? how did you find it if you have?

Hi Sophie

No I haven't done 790 before. I am just going to my inlaws for a couple of days but neils brothers and families will be there as well so it will be nice to catch up with everyone. Im doing 790 as the whole family doesnt get together very often and I dont want to be the centre of attention while they are eating and Im sat there with a shake lol. Also, I know that if I go with the intention of doing 790 at least I will stick to the diet, where as if I go and just eat without planning it I will end up eating crap that I shouldnt.

If I enjoy 790 I may stay on it when I come back as I have been struggling with SS for a while now. I'm going to see how I feel when I get back.

Anyway Soph. Im going to keep on your back now during August and make sure you get that stone off! In 11lb you pass your half way point and thats got to be good for motivation! SO no more cheating madam or I'll have to open a can of whoop ass on you!

Hi girlies, computer is sorted!
Sophie, you sound really determined recently. I wouldn't worry about the wi's, if you want to lose it, you will.
A.M.....what to do with you!! I see as your weight is coming down you are starting to focus on other body issues!! Focus on one thing at a time. When you reach goal you will have gained so much self confidence. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your 'odd' relationship. If you dont want it to end...dont end it. If it's meant to be the problems will get resolved.
I know what you mean about the jewelery thing! I'd rather buy a ton of fashion jewelery too.
As for the what to wear with your new top dilemma have you thought about straight legged cropped trousers, quite slim fitting...they're much more forgiving than leggings and quite flattering too.
Nothing to report on wedding, hen night and works do's. I'm getting old and boring! Good to see old friends and have a good knees up, ate loads!! (damn those cooked breakfasts in hotels!!)
Found it really hard to stick to the diet over the past 2 weeks. My motivation was to fit into a pretty dress for the wedding, now it's been I have lost motivation for the final 10lbs.
Any tips girls. I know it was hard to get back after Glasto but you've managed to last all this time since.
Keep posting, need my fix of this thread as soon as I sign in!!
Speak to you soon
Ceri

Be strong girls!

Only popped on to say that I am so full up (OOPS!) went to weigh in, lost 2lbs, shocking! Came home had a kebab waiting for me and also my birthday cake I didn't have at the weekend. Plus I had some cottage cheese, I was so full and as I bought it I didn't want to waste it...so you guessed it! I bloomin' well ate the lot. This is to resist temptation the rest of the week. Back on SS tomorrow. As I'm going away again soon I've low motivation again, I'm so up and down it does my head in!

Anyhow gotta go feel so bloated! Will deffo update and reply properly tomorrow. Had a quick scan, Keep going Ceri and Sam, it will be so worth it. Don't end up like me and have blip after blip, be strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Speak soon xxx

P.s. after a convo with my mother we have decided that a little bit of food a week improves metabolism, LOL, this may just be in our heads..don't take note!

Hmmm me and myself have been having some thinking lol! Because of my height 5'9/5'10 ish somewhere around there maybe more - im supposed to have 4 packs a day however im struggling to have them all. I know that many many ppl would love nothing more than to be allowed 4 packs a day!

I dont ever have my first thing until around 1ish then ill have my second one at 5-6ish and then one around 8ish - i feel like i could go without the third ones sometimes but force it down to make sure im intaking calories.....

Anyway just thought i would put down a bit about what i was thinking. Its now 9 o clock pm and im just having my third thing. I dont do it on purpose and when i feel like i need four i will have four but particularly atm i cant do four :-(

Today is the second or thirdish day of my august challenge to myself and its going well. I keep thinking, wanting dreaming about food atm and i really want something atm im trying to keep strong but if i do have anything i will stick to chicken, lettuce and cheese...... mmmmm yummy yummy yummy

Cmon Sophie - stay strong - resist - you can do this!!!!!

If I leave my packs until later in the day I often struggle to have them all as I just feel so full - now I make sure I always space them evenly through the day so one about 8am, another around 1pm and then the third anytime after 5.30pm.

Maybe if you have the bars you could have your last two in the evening together and have the bar with a chocolate shake made up with warm water?

The official re-start is tomorrow. Scared, but pleased and many emotions all in one right now.

:( Soph...lol we need each other more than ever diet-wise right now!

Thank you goingtolose! Can I just say you look fantastic on your little pic up there! You don't even look like you need to diet!!!!!!!!

How are you doing?

Had a poor restart, things were going fine... I went to a leaving doo tonight only 6 of us including myself turned up, sat around a table got handed a menu everyone was like "poor AM can't eat....on and on and on.." I felt like a complete party pooper, and ended up eating garlic bread and 2 small duck wraps with salad.

One of my good friends has got a bit of a get together on Saturday too for a couple of friends I've not seen in a while too - so its going to be a boozey one. I don't want to go I just want to knuckle down. Its so difficult coz now I just want to get back into it, people are more so convincing me to eat/drink. Saturday is the last time I'm doing so though... thats it now.

URghhhhhhhhh I'm depressed.

P.s. I'm no longer 11.13st I've put on 6lbs *dies*

P.p.s I'm reluctant to update my tickers :(

Hey AM. Thanks for your lovely comments about my pic.

You know very well that the 6lb you have gained will only be water and you will lose that and more with a weeks proper SSing.

If you are going to be eating and drinking on Sat, why not just low carb/low cal as much as poss until then and then start SS properly on Sunday. Then just focus on getting through one complete week with no cheats. If you can do that, the big loss at the end of the week should hopefully spur you on to continue.

You can still get to 9st by Christmas if you get stuck in to the diet.

Good Luck AM, you've done this before so you can do it again.

Back