Athena's Diary

Still feeling very very drained, hoping energy will pick up at some point but not feeling hungry. Today's meals:

B - Bacon lardons, mushroom, spring onion and scrambled egg with butter
L - Cold pork sizzle steaks left over from yesterday, cheese, cucumber and mayo
D - Chicken Pizza and mixed leaf salad
S - 2 Boiled eggs and mayo

Wondering if my energy levels will ever pick up? Been waiting for the rush of energy but am yet to experience anything but feeling drained :(

Todays meals:

B - Barcon lardons, cheese, yellow pepper, mushroom and scrambled egg
L - Chicken, cheese, mixed leaf salad, cucumber and mayo
D - Chicken in garlic butter with spinach and yellow pepper
S - Chicken and mayo, sugar free jelly pot, maybe 2 boiled eggs and mayo if I get hungry later

Yes drinking lots of water and I have a pepsi max habit as well so still have caffeine that technically should give me a boost but not doing a lot, I just feel tired and cranky lol x

I would suggest reducing or stopping the pepsi - because it has citric acid in it and that is known to stall people.

I know you love them but it's worth a shot?

I don't think I've stalled at the moment, it's definitely something I want to cut down on but it has never stalled me in the past when low-carbing. I just have no energy, I think it may be because it has coincided with totm which is due anytime now (never predictable) but I usually get really tired around then and I have had chocolate cravings, gave in and bought an atkins bar today just to see me through. Had a bit of a rubbish day rushing around, popped my tyre down a pot hole and had to get people to come fix it so more expense! Today's meals (not great as mentioned rushing around):

B - Bacon lardons, scrambled egg and spinach
L - Boiled eggs, pepparami, babybel, sugar free jelly and mayo (not together haha)
D - Chicken pizza
S - Pepperami, babybel, atkins chocolate brownie bar

Last edited:
I was so tired last week when it was my totm also are your cals high enough. I noticed mine were quite low but I didn't realise how little I was eating as I just feel so stuffed all the time whilst on Atkins x

I was worrying my calories were too high ha, I'm going to really up my water intake today and see if that helps with the energy side as I felt dehydrated last night before bed, even with the amount I have already been drinking!

You seem to me to be eating just fine, are you eating enough fats? The 2lb loss at totm is great!

Yes I think so, I cook my eggs with butter but will have to review it I think, need to get some coconut oil. Didn't manage to get on here yesterday so meals were:

B - Barcon lardons (yes I love them haha), pepperoni, scrambled egg with butter and mushrooms
L - Mixed leaf salad, cucumber, chicken and mayo
D - Chicken shish kebab with mayo and salad
S - Sugar free jelly pot, baby bel, pepperami, atkins chocolate brownie bar

Lots of water and felt a bit better, definitely think it down to totm. Hope you all have a good weekend!

Food sounds good and Atkins bars designed for those emergency times of month! But don't let it be a daily habit or might cause problems:eek:

Definitely keeping as emergencies :) else I'd always be having them, I only bought 2 the other day so I would have to go out of my way to get any more lol. Feeling very hungry today so ended up having an extra meal in the evening.

B - Bacon lardons, mushroom, scrambled egg and butter
L - Cheese and boiled egg with mixed leaf salad, cucumber and mayo
D - Chicken, bacon and cheese with salad
Other meal - Mince with cheese
S - Cheese and butter, sugar free jelly with double cream

Subscribed! I did really well for months and then I found Atkins did a mint choc bar so bought them and it messed my whole diet plan up and I just couldn't get the cretins out of my head after that.. Luckily I ate the box and never went back. Something Atkins don't tell you :(

Yes I agree all I can think about is chocolate so not going to be getting anymore for the time being! Slightly frustrated this week as I weighed in and have gained a pound. Totm is here though so I will hold out until next week before I try and change anything to see what happens :(

Yesterday's meals:

B - Cheese and spinach omelette
L - Chicken and cabbage (mil cooked me roast and forgot about me not eating carbs argh!)
D - Mince with spinach and creamy garlic sauce
S - 2 pickled eggs and cheese with butter, sugar free jelly and double cream

Today's meals:

B - Bacon lardons, mushrooms, scrambled eggs and butter
L - Chicken, cheese, mixed leaf salad, cucumber and mayo
D - Cheese burgers, mushrooms, garlic and double cream sauce
S - Cheese with butter, chicken and mayo, sf jelly and double cream x2, bacon lardons and double cream w/pepper

Feeling really hungry today so more snacks than usual and that all depends if dinner feels me up! On my third can of diet coke which might sound like a lot for some but is actually really good for me, trying to reduce it everyday tip I can eventually go without it! I was hoping to start yoga this week but energy levels are still so low :(

Hi, here to subscribe, your menus sound nice, I also have a cola addiction, Pepsi max, like you I want to be totally in ketosis before I try to kick the habit

So hard isn't it? I actually prefer pepsi max to diet coke so switching has made it a bit easier as I don't enjoy it as much haha

Hi all, felt ok today actually, mad chocolate cravings though so I ended up getting some 85% cocoa dark chocolate and a couple of squares did the trick.

B - Scrambled egg, chopped pepperami, mushrooms and butter
L - Mixed leaf salad, cucumber, chicken and mayo
D - Mince, cheese, mushroom with creamy garlic sauce and mixed leaf salad, cucumber
S - Chicken and garlic mayo, pepperoni with cheese and butter, 2 squares 85% cocoa chocolate

Diet Cokes cans x 4
Lots of water!

Here's to the scales going down next week, I feel like I've lost but the scales are yet to catch up!

Back