Athena's Diary

You will get a big weight whoosh!!!!

Fingers crossed Vicky!

B - Chirizo, mushrooms, scrambled egg, butter and cheese
L - Mixed leaf salad, cucumber, boiled eggs, cheese and mayo
D - Chicken kebab with salad and mayo
S - 1 square 95% cocoa dark chocolate, slice of cheese with butter

Hi Athena,

your menus are great and like the others have said stay on track and it will whoosh off. Totm doesn't half get in the way it's ridiculous!
i had a thought but please don't hate me...the diet coke stood out to me as well as you saying you were hungry. Diet drinks or sugar free jelly, chewing gum always makes me feel hungry like always and just with you saying you felt really hungry it could be because of the sweeteners. Immediately after drinking such i feel starving and empty inside so I believe there is something happening when we eat or drink this stuff..maybe because we produce insulin to mop up the sugar but then of course there is no sugar to be mopped up so we send confused signals to the stomach?? Just an idea. I understand from reading your diary that you've cut down drastically on the diet drinks so that's great. I'm sure you will get there with it just something I thought I'd mention because things like that tend to keep us in silly cycles with eating.

Yes it's definitely something I want to drop but it's soooo hard! Having an awful day today, very nearly have in to a dessert when out for a meal with my mother but didn't! I'm super cranky though haha

B - chorizo, mushroom, scrambled egg and butter
L - chicken, bacon and cheese salad
D - pork sizzle steaks, creamy garlic and cheese sauce, mixed leaf salad and cucumber
S - chicken and garlic mayo, 4 squares of dark chocolate ( not good I know but I decided it's better than going completely of track!)

So all in all having a "feel sorry for myself" day :(

Aww i hope you feel better tomorrow x

Hope your better today Athena, I had a day like that on Wednesday so here's hoping it last only one day. Your food looks lovely X

Thanks all, a tiny bit better today, did end up going to get an atkins bar though to stop me from going crazy.

B - Bacon lardons, mushrooms, scrambled egg and butter
L - Mixed leaf salad, cucmber, cheese, chicken and mayo
D - Cheese burgers, mushroom, creamy garlic sauce
S - Atkins brownie bar, 2 boiled eggs and mayo, chicken and mayo

Kinda always have the same meals but I'm not bored yet haha

Awe Athena, bless a you for not giving in to the pud. We all get cranky days I think it must be lack of carbs because we won't be getting that serotonin hit we used to get. Your menus are lovely and I hope you start feeling better soon :)

Yes definitely. Still cranky not sure what going on with my system as totm is carrying on into week 2 now :/ making my sugar cravings go mad though :(

B - bacon lardons, scrambled egg, butter and cheese
L - mixed leaf salad, chicken, cheese, cucumber and mayo
D - chicken shish kebab, salad, mayo and mushrooms
S - 2x Atkins brownie bar (I know, I know), pepperami

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, hoping things look up in a couple of weeks!

Well weigh in was to be expected, I lost half a pound so still up half a pound from my initial loss. Week 3 is supposed to stall but I'm yet to lose anything really, 1 and half pound in 3 weeks isn't really anything :( no inches either. My stomach is a lot flatter to me but it's not reflecting anywhere that I can make note of!

Yesterday's meals:

B - Bacon, mushrooms and scrambled egg
L - Pork, cabbage, sprouts and cauliflower
D - Mixed leaf salad, cucumber, chorizo, cheese and mayo
S - Pepperami

I wonder if the Atkins bars are stalling you? They did for me.

Also chorizo is higher in carbs...

Low carb eating also makes my totm go for longer - someone once gave the forum an explanation for what it was supposed to be caused by, can't remember what now, but we all seem to experience it.

More than likely it's the atkins bars, I just feel the need to have them instead of all the other nice things I'm missing out on haha! The chorizo I had was 0.5g carbs per quarter pack which is what I had, though I know it causes water retention.

Oh yes I'd stop the bars for a while. I actually bought one the other day too. Coconut, maybe it was you that said was lovely. Anyhow loved it but only had 1/3 they make me feel so full. With the chorizo maybe sodium? X

Yes probably! I think my body is just plain stubborn , when I tried slimming world I had very slow progress, only half a pound loss in my first week! It does slowly come off but goes on 10 times quicker!

B - chorizo and mushrooms
L - Mixed leaf salad, corned beef, cheese, cucumber and mayo
D - Mince, cheese, mixed leaf salad and creamy garlic sauce
S - Corned beef slices, sf jelly and double cream, 4 squares 85% cocoa chocolate

Last edited:
Athena I also had issues with cheese. Which annoyed my cos my fav thing about Atkins x

Ha it seems that I am going to be miserable if I cut bars, diet drinks and cheese :/ maybe it's time to find a new plan. I was so successful on this a few years back and had all of those things, not sure what's different this time!

Same I didn't lose anything really. I have lost more since carb cycling ccalorie counting and becoming probably obsessed with mfp!

Back