Atkins with one eye on the calories!

was there no labelling on the meatballs?

I have to admit that if there's no labelling on the packets then I'll not buy them! Is that paranoia?

If it is then I'm paranoid :)

Hello

Must admit I hate eating stuff when I don't know what's in it - but I was on a business trip so it was meetings all day then rush to the departures lounge, and the meatballs etc were all they had! I only had 4, and was still in ketosis when I checked last night, so hopefully I got away with it!

I really need a better solution to Atkins when travelling with work - there are so many fab Atkins snacks but a lot of them are better refridgerated (my babybels and salami are pretty yucky after being carried around all day) - any tips? I guess there are the bars but I'd like to stick to less processed foods if I can...

Do you travel by car? if so you can buy a car fridge, works off your ciggie lighter.

Pork scratchings require no refrigeration.

Also what I tend to do is get a small cooler bag (about lunch box size) and pack it with the blue freezer blocks. This will keep your eggs, cheese, meat etc suitably chilled for a good few hours.

Cool bags - what a good idea! Wish I'd thought of that, I could have avoided all that warm-ish cheese :jelous:. Will buy some this w/e!

I travel by plane mostly, which I've always found a dieting minefield - tasty stuff in the lounge, then very restricted choices on board. Rubbish now that BA only do sandwiches when I'm on shorthaul economy flights :mad:

Travel always used to be about over-indulgence for me (working hard, away from home, so why not treat myself) so it's a whole new low-carb mindset now :)

Just been thinking, ice blocks might not be a good idea when flying as customs might class them as being liquid and therefore they must each be 100ml or less. You might do better with those re-useable icecubes. You know the little plastic things filled with liquid.

hmm, I wonder if they'd even allow them? you'd have to check.

Hello all - thanks for the tips re. cool bags, yes I will need to check about what I can take on board - bad enough arguing when I try to bring on a too-big hand cream or something!

Tough weekend, with my mum and stepdad visiting, and nice meal after nice meal to contend with... I did pretty good, slipped up a bit on Friday night but got back into ketosis late Saturday so no harm done hopefully :eek:

Weighed in this a.m. and one more pound off - pretty good given that I also had to lose whatever I'd put back on after my little 'break'!

12lb more still feels like a long slog though...

How are you finding the diet while restricting calories?

I've not tried to lower my calorie intake but it seems that I'm eating just over 1000k cals today which I think is quite low.

How many do you average a day?

You'll get there Hooya, although looking at your weight, height & BMI I bet you already look fantastic!

I was thinking that, if you get to your target weight won't you be too low on the BMI Scale Hooya

I think I'm averaging about 1300-1400, which is quite a lot for me on a diet, when I was calorie controlling I stuck to 1000 (which always felt sooo stingy!).

I am bored of counting but this way I don't have to worry about over-indulging - surely there's no way I could gain on 1300 per day! But I get the metabolic benefit of ketosis, and the reduced cravings and better full feeling from Atkins.

I should add that I've not been working out at all (laziness + too busy at work and travelling) so I'm not building any muscle either.

I just wish my hips would shrink - it's been mostly boobs & stomach so far!

1000 per day isn't much, are you getting enough food? What's your daily menu like?

I was thinking that, if you get to your target weight won't you be too low on the BMI Scale Hooya

Hi Jim - yes my BMI will be quite low I suppose. I have quite low muscle mass, and I've been down to 9st 4 before and that made me a dress size 10, but not totally comfortably. I am targeting a size 8-10 so 9st feels about right. I don't think it's the size I want to be at forever mind, sometimes it's nice to have a bit of padding! :)

I know what you mean, I imagine it's hard to be the correct weight but not the shape you want. Maybe exercise will help that?

You're start weight is just about my goal weight & we're the same height! Getting down to 126lb will take you in the 'underweight' BMI category so be careful you're not doing yourself more harm than good. Oviously BMI charts don't account for people's build and frame though.

Aaw thanks for the concern, everyone here is so nice!

I must admit sometimes I do look at my target and think, maybe I should just stay as I am and enjoy it, but I would like to get really slim again, and I really want to break my dependence on carbs! I will see how I feel though on the way though...

Hi! Back from my holiday now (actually back for a week but have been insanely busy). A couple of pounds over my posted weight but not too worried about that. Will probably just sweat it out in this heat, haha!

Getting down to 126lb will take you in the 'underweight' BMI category.

Isn't underweight a BMI of 18.5 or under though? Not that I'd advise going under 9 stone! I'm the same height as you, Hooya, and I was exactly 9 stone 0lbs back in January after a nasty cold and sore throat (couldn't eat!) It wasn't a very nice look - a bit haggard and boobs like squeezed out teabags etc. But still had a wobbly tummy :sigh:. It all depends on your build of course.

I was flicking through the Neris and India book the other day and was very amused by their comment that after a certain age you have to choose between your face and your a**e. I can vouch for that, being the wrong side of 35!

It's a funny thing about women isn't it - because I used to be thinner, I see myself now as the fatter version of me! :rolleyes:

I think it's important we all celebrate our successes - so I am trying to enjoy my size 12s and be glad they are not 14s, rather than just wishing they were 8s!!! :boohoo:

I was flicking through the Neris and India book the other day and was very amused by their comment that after a certain age you have to choose between your face and your a**e. I can vouch for that, being the wrong side of 35!

LOL! Well there's always botox - if only I didn't have such a low pain threshold and fear of needles! :fear:

Back