Atkins with one eye on the calories!

Congratulations Fit4forty, that is wonderful. My weight loss is dead slow & stop so I am watching the calories now too.

Welcome and congrats fit4forty! It does seem to be working for me, though I am a bit fed up of counting! :sigh2:

PennyJane, what were your measurements like? Did they stay the same too?

Hi, welcome and a big well done, that's a great start!

Thanks for the welcome,guys. You are all inspirational. Can any of you tell me if your mood changed much on Induction coz I am ready to murder hubby. I don't normally have the urge to but I could quite readily punch his lights out. Any thoughts?

haha fit, I often feel that way before doing atkins with my loved ones. but I'm sure doing the induction and not having a lot of carbs can make you a bit more irritable.

Can any of you tell me if your mood changed much on Induction coz I am ready to murder hubby

I think my missus is like that most of the time, and she isn't on any diet. ;)

Yes...Induction feels like totm mood.....lasts about a week or so, but i felt crappy with headaches etc for the first 3 weeks. I am now into week 6 and feel normal again, lots of energy too.

I was lucky, I had a slight headache on day three.

Hello

Back after a hectic couple of days. Must admit I had a burger-and-fries flavour slip up last night, but managed to get back on the wagon today! Pleased in a way as I usually splurge then think f*ck it and fire into the crisps / sweets etc, but I didn't do it this time!

Also had my physio appointment about recurring cramps in my feet - was really good and have lots of exercises to do! It turns out my 'core stability' is rubbish which may be causing it - so lots of Pilates and trying to stand on one leg for me!

Core stability? that's a new one on me, is this about balance hooya?

I think it is yes Jim. I also got told by my osteopath that i need to work on my core stability. He asked me to improve the strength n balance in my ankles (have knackered them loads over the years) by standing on one of those wobble board things. Round with a point in the middle so you have to have balance to keep standing on it.

Oh right, ah well, I must be OK, I only fall over when I'm drunk. ;)

I can quite easily turn my ankles over whilst wearing flat shoes walking down a flat street! There's no way on this earth i will ever be able to wear let alone walk in heels!

I never could see how you girls could walk in heels. I like the effect though :D

LMAO!

My bruises from friday night are slowly coming out in full flourish Laura! I've got no idea how or where i got them.. LOL.. I would blame the years of wearing work boots on the lack of being able to wear heels but i think that's only partly to blame. I think i'm just rubbish.

LOL @ both of you. :D

LOL I fall over all the time, and I'm teetotal! I usually have at least one massive bruise on my legs, people must think my OH is abusing me ;)

Apparently lack of core stability can cause all sorts of problems, including going over on your ankles and possibly the nasty cramps I get in my feet... I went to one Pilates class, gosh it is dull but guess I'll have to stick at it!

Jeez, another one. LMAO.

Back