Atkins with one eye on the calories!

I agree with you jar.. I have no desire to look like a beanpole. I love my curves... but why would a man want a beanpole with no hips or breasts?.. it's like beening with another man.. I just don't get it...

spot on morenachica. ;)

I agree with you jar.. I have no desire to look like a beanpole. I love my curves... but why would a man want a beanpole with no hips or breasts?.. it's like beening with another man.. I just don't get it...

I don't think most men do want a beanpole. Most of the images of super-skinny women (in the media etc) are put there by women and gay men.

My OH and I have argued about this before, cos I always want to be skinny as I like how it looks in clothes, but he likes a few curves ;)

Ask men if they prefer Victoria Beckham or Kelly Brook, who do they usually choose? :D

Kelly Brook. SLURP!!

As for VB, I'd rather sleep with a skeleton thanks, 'cos that's what it would be like.

An unhappy skeleton Jim...

I just want to look normal & smart - ish.. :sigh: :)

Yes love, I don't believe she can be happy, she always looks miserable these days.

She looks miserable and she maybe a thin lady in general but she starves herself to be that thin... It's a difference for people who are naturally thin like my mom and sister, but for those who starves themself it's unhealthy..

I think charlotte churchill is curvy and beautiful and normal. The Poshes and etc.. of the VIP is not normal. I'm american and it kills me when they call a size 8 fat in hollywood. They consider beyonce and j. lo overweight and Eva Mendez they say is a bit chunky. these women are sizes 8 or 10...

I agree, the size 0 people may as well leave their clothes on a hanger!

Last edited:
Hello all

Well I just ate and ate today! Kept within my carbs but loads of cals:
  • Breakfast: Atkins bar & salami Carbs 2, cals 300
  • Lunch: Steak & salad Carbs 1.5, cals 320
  • Dinner: Burgers, cheese, bacon & mayo Carbs 2.1, cals 600
  • Snacks: Pepperami, babybels, Atkins choc bar, milk in tea Carbs 4, cals 520
  • Total: Carbs 9.6, cals a whopping 1740!!
Made it to the gym at least...

Tomorrow I need more veg and less snacks! :eek:

Hooya reading your menu now I want a burger LOL

Well today was ok but I need to think about what I'm eating - still too much red and processed meat, and not enough veg I think! Didn't count either as I was at a party - barbecue which was great, there was loads I could eat!

Missing out on dessert at the end felt pretty normal - I guess I'm used to it as I don't drink alcohol, so I'm kind of accustomed to saying 'no'!

Will be weighing in tomorrow, a day early, as I want to know how the last week has gone and might have a carb-eating day tomorrow since we're going to the cricket at Lord's, which seems to be more about the food and drink than the cricket! Have planned a fab low-carb picnic for it - salmon, sausages, lovely salad, salami and cheeses :D

Cricket at Lords, oh you lucky lady! I hope the weather is in England's favour - plus everything else..
Cricket_by_finrod_calmcacil.gif

Hey Wrinkly - Lord's was fun, bit posh for my liking but fun!

Back on track today (after going a bit overboard yesterday) - worried I'm eating too much so going to cut back to 1300 cals and 20g carbs per day.

Today's food was a bit random - picnicing throughout the day at the cricket then small dinner, but my totals are:
  • Carbs 16.5
  • Cals 1128
TOM so going to weigh in tomorrow - bit worried about it though! :(

Hi Claire

Looks like we didn't get quite what we wanted from this week's WI!

Just trying to remember that this isn't just about a smaller number on the scales every week, it's about addressing lots of other issues and breaking dependence on food / carbs - and I think we are doing fantastic on that score, even if those naughty scales don't agree today :rolleyes:

Morning all.

Claire I agree with Hooya. I'm up 5 pounds on the scale but I know it's TOM so I'm not stressing about it. I tried on oneof my old dresses that is a 9/10 and it fit perfectly wore it today and my co-worker told me I look thinner and nice. so for me just getting into the dress was motivation and knowing that I'm doing well.. I'm a scale addict myself :(so I cant really talk but trying on clothes yesterday really helped me...:D

Well it's conclusive then - sod those scales!!

Today was good:
  • Breakfast: Mozz & proscuitto (carbs 0.7, cals 154)
  • Lunch: salami & salad (carbs 4.2, cals 238)
  • Dinner: plaice, squid, broccoli (carbs 6.55, cals 331)
  • Snacks (and there were plenty) pepperami, smoked cheese, milk in tea (carbs 3.3, cals 377)
  • TOTAL (carbs 14.74, cals 1100)
And made it through another pilates class - boring!

xx

I wonder if double cream can cause a stall, like cheese. Almost every evening I have 80gm fruit - say Rasps, sugar free jelly & dessert spoon double cream.

Hooya, I'm so glad you tipped those Umpires... :bliss:

There's a lot of salt in cheese Laura, I suppose that could cause fluid retention but it wouldn't cause a long stall.

Back