Atkins with one eye on the calories!

ok maybe it's because you are weedy because you are 3 inches taller than me so surly I would think that you would be smaller than me at 135. I will say I do have more muscle mass to my body so maybe that's it. muscle is heavier than fat but more compact.

I definitely understand about the vending machines. i just walk right past mines at work because I know there is nothing I can eat. But just try and cut back on the peanuts specially around TOM, salt retains water...

Yup, think I need to declare a peanut ban, and bring more legal snacks to work! M&S do little triangles of brie - YUM - so I might have more of those.

I've been back at the gym doing a weights programme so I might build some muscle from that... I guess as I get nearer goal I may need to think about my target measurements as opposed to weight - wonder if 35 - 36in hip is too ambitious?

I've said this many times before, our clothes size is measure by inches not weight. So look at your inches.. 35-36 isnt ambitious at all. I'm a pear shape like the beyounces and jennifer lopez so my hips are always a bigger. when i was a size 6 I was 26 inches wasit and 38 hips, so that shows you big hips can get into a size 6 jeans :)

Gosh my hips just don't seem all that comfy in a 12, and the size guides I've read have them as a 12-14 :(

Still, today was back on the wagon and off with the weight, here are the 'scores on the doors':
  • Breakfast: salami & babybel: Carbs 0.2, cals 200
  • Lunch: roast chicken & salad: Carbs 3.0, cals 150
  • Dinner: frankfurters, broccoli & courgette: Carbs 9.25, cals 315
  • Snack: milk in tea: Carbs 1.5, cals 15
  • Total: Carbs 14, cals 900
:D Woohoo

Morning all

hooya if my hips can get into a 12 and a tight fit in a 10 yours should, I would think? maybe its because I have more muscle, who knows

Maybe it's just wider hip bones.

I have awful trouble trying to get lower half clothing to fit. I'm a total pear shape - small waist n huge ass n hips. If i buy to fit my waist i cannot pull them up past my fat thighs let alone the hips! If i buy to fit the thighs/hips n bum then i need a belt as the waist is all gapy.. it's rubbish.

Nope! Far too busy for children. I struggle to find time to look after myself let alone even considering boyfriends lol..

25yrs young and still not considering growing up..

I'm the same Claire - no kids, just plenty of 'junk in my trunk', as they say ;)

I was in Pilates class yesterday and my arms, waist etc looked good, really pleased, until I saw my thighs all splayed out on the floor! Nothing for it but to keep losing, and I'm doing squats and deadlifts (ouch) to try to firm them up in case there's some wobbly muscle there too!

Right, yesterday was fun-filled but just within my limits:
  • Breakfast: Salami & mozzarella (0.3 carb, 178 cals)
  • Lunch: Crayfish & avocado salad (3 carb, 182 cals)
  • Dinner: Salmon, asparagus, courgette & sun-dried toms (7.5 carb, 525 cals)
  • Snacks: 2 babybels, milk in tea, peanuts and a tiny square of dark chocolate (7.7 carb, 300 cals)
  • Totals: 18.5 carb, just over 1500 cals! Phew!

Ummm, 25. I'd just got my SGT, just got married, had 40 blokes under my command. I was so happy. ah, great times.

There's time for me yet Jim, i'm really not worried about getting old before my time. I'm proud of the time i did in the RAF and excited about my future (with the aid of getting slimmer). As for the having 40 men under my command.... i can but dream!?! hehe

I didn't mean it that way love, I was just remembering. :) LOL @ 40 men.

LMAO,

Have you had children? I wouldn't know personally but apparently many women find their hips widen slightly during pregnancy & don't go back to how they were before?
Ha!! My hips think I had thirty not three.. :giggle:

lol wrinkly.. claire I'm right there with you on the hip thing. I'm a pear shape too, and my waist i so small and just like you I have to buy to fit my thighs and wear a belt which gaps because my waist is smaller...

oh well.. it's the shape we were given and all we can do is try and shape it up. even when i was a size 6 I still had big thighs and a small waist just not as big now of course LOL

No carb or cal values today as I was out for dinner again and too lazy to add it all up, but hopefully within my limits:
  • Breakfast: Atkins bar
  • Lunch: crayfish, cheese, egg & tuna mayo salad
  • Dinner: prawns, avocado, mozzarella and tomatoes, and a cheese board (everyone else was having dessert!)
  • Snacks: too much milk in tea, a babybel and some peanuts - it was a snack emergency, honest!
I had some carbs yesterday but back in ketosis already tonight (yay)!

My stomach, which is normally a bit dodgy, has been perfectly well-behaved on Atkins - and sure enough the two times I have had a few more carbs, it's played up again! I need to repeat this over and over: "I may like them, but they don't like me!"

I don't think i've been a size 6 since primary school morebachica! Even my police doc said he can't see me getting below the top end of the healthy range cos of my build/shape! At first i was a little taken back by the comment but i can also see where he's coming from.. even when i was two and just learning to walk my grandparents called me tree trunk legs!! What's a girl to do hey.. sigh..

I think I might be in the same boat Claire! If my hips are still 38in now and I'm technically right in the ideal range, I'm worried about how low I'd have to go to get my bum as small as I want it! Size 8 was my goal but I may settle for a 10!

I think my plan is to get to around 9st, maybe more or less depending how it's going, then maybe get a personal trainer to do some sculpting, toning etc... Who knows if it will work, can't wait to find out though!

Back