August Starters **May contain food talk**

Yes Polly, YOU WILL DO IT! Be strong! The first day is the hardest... I am on Day Three now and it is already much much easier. I, too, find myself thinking about the F word far too much - on the first day I nearly threw the TV out the window when I accidentally flicked onto Come Dine With Me! Doh!!! Stay strong, take a paracetamol, keep busy and have an early night - tomorrow will be better, and day three better still. We're here if you feel like caving in... we'll help! :D YOU CAN DO THIS! WE CAN CHANGE OUR LIVES!!! Woop woop!!

Annaphylactic x

I just tried to post my pics for you as motivation but I didn't do it right oh dear.

Last edited:
Wow, Tange you look incredible! I haven't been able to view albums until now because I hadn't posted enough. Inspirational!! Wow! Thank you for pointing us in that direction!! How long have you been LL'ing? I have six stone to lose in (hopefully) six months or less - I really hope I can do it! No... I mean... I CAN DO IT! Hee hee. x

Wow, Tange you look incredible! I haven't been able to view albums until now because I hadn't posted enough. Inspirational!! Wow! Thank you for pointing us in that direction!! How long have you been LL'ing? I have six stone to lose in (hopefully) six months or less - I really hope I can do it! No... I mean... I CAN DO IT! Hee hee. x
I have lost 6 stone, it took me just over 6 months but I had a small blip. If you stay 100% you will get there in 6 months No doubt about it. Go girl go!!! I feel fab and am loving life at the moment. If you told me last year that I would be wearing size 12's I would have laughed in your face. Well here I am today.

I can't believe I'm finally here. Have my first meeting tonight after about 4 weeks of waiting. Pretty excited but I;ve cut out the carbs for the last 2 days and feel like cack already lol! Should be past it soon with a bit of luck....

Hi Guy! Yep - you will be in ketosis in no time! I bet you are excited! Honestly, I am only on day three, but I can feel the effects already - and I actually 'like' the shakes/soups! A fellow blogger too - yey! Stay in touch and hope your first meeting and few days go splendidly - just hang in there - the first day isn't much fun - but it DOES get easier!

Annaphylactic x

So day one is drawing to a close, I started the day with Banana lovely, was going to have caramel for lunch but didn't have any (think its caramel might be toffee) so had vanilla with a small spoon of coffee which was lush but might add a tad more coffee next time.

In addition I have had one black tea with sweetner (tablet) and almost 2.5 litres of water. Am planning to have a soup for tea but am out of the kitchen as currently cooking kids tea and I can smell the garlic which is hard. Not feeling the best today but already had a bit of a sore throat last night so do not think its down to the diet.

Felt quite hungry mid morning, then whilst washing up it went, I then had my shake and whilst I am not starving I am still feeling a little deprived. I know though in a couple of days I will be in ketosis and that feeling will go so I am hanging in there.

Hi, I started on the 24th August. It been good so far... which is good as I have a long way to go. :)

Nnif

:welcome:

Hi Nnif,

This link below will show you how to put your weight tracker into your signature and it will be there then every time you post and will update automatically from the ticker site when you do the updates.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If you need any help please ask.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Love Mini xxx

Hello everyone,

I started LL on August 18th, so am currently half way through week 2. Lost 7lb in the first week and am finding it ok so far!! Great to 'meet' you all! :)

Hi SweetySuperstar! Well done on your 7lb loss - that is fantastic! Keep in touch with us all on here - and good luck with your week 2 weigh in! :D x

Thanks Annaphylactic! :)

How far are you into the LL programme, and how is it going?

Hi SS - haha, i'm only on day 4!! Not a veteran Lighter Lifer by any stretch - however I am pleased with the way it is going. So far (touch wood) I seem to have avoided any of the unpleasant carb withdrawal symptoms- not so much as a sniff of a headache or anything! Have had 'weak' moments, but that's only to be expected after taking such a reduction in calories (aka energy!!)... but yeah, it's all good!
On the first day I made my chicken soup with not enough water and didn't blend it long enough and it made me gag :S, but now I have mastered how to mix the shakes and soups, I can honestly say I like nearly all of them! :)

You must be nearly 2 weeks in now... how are you finding it?

Annaphylactic x

Hey Annaphylactic,

Well for me it's going ok so far, have had disagreements with some of the flavours lol but have now settled into a routine with my favoured flavours!! :D I hated the lemon bar, it literally made me gag and I really had to force it down, each mouthful washed down with big glugs of water!! :doh:
I'm didn't like the vegetable or thai chilli soups which I was a bit surprised coz loads of people talk about how nice the thai chilli is.... and I didn't like the caramel flavour shake! :sigh:
I don't blend my shakes and soups, I just shake them in the shaker... I can't be bothered with washing the blender out 3 times a day really :D

As for my weight loss, the first week I didn't feel any different but at my first weigh in I lost 7lb :party0048: :party0049: so I was well pleased and it really spurred me on. Although I didn't find the first week that hard, I have found the second week easier and I really feel like I can do this!!
Initially I didn't tell anyone that I was doing this (except my husband - would've been a bit hard to hide it from him esp when he saw £66 per week disappearing from the joint account lol), but then during the first week I told my mum and in the past few days have told my sisters - they've all been really supportive and my mum is even considering going on LL (but she wants to see my progress first!).

Then yesterday one of my sisters commented that my clothes looked a little looser which was nice, made me feel good... in the pre LL days I would've thought, 10 days can't make that much of a difference as to be visibly noticed but I know from my group that with LL you do get those results... there's a lady in our group who on her second week managed to do up the zip on a top which she previously has never been able to do!!
I'm really looking forward to my Sunday weigh in now... hope I've lost a good amount!! :innocent0001::scale:
When is your first weigh in?

Sweety x :sign0144:

Hi all,

I have not made it out of bed yet, have had a strawberry shake this morning which was fine, although I am still finding them a little powdery on the back of the throat. I have also had a black tea. Kids have just gone out to a church fun zone for an hour. So I am going to pull myself out of my pit and get showered, have to do the makeup thing today because I go back to work this evening.

Had the thai sweet chili soup last night, only stirred it with a spoon but was not keen on the bits, I know its supposed to have bits but I could not decide whether those bits were supposed to be there and what did they represent or were they bits of mix that had not dissolved properly. I did not mind the flavour of it but I think possibly I would strain it in future. Will give it another go but will also try blending it with my bamix.

Tried a hot choc as my last mix of the day last night and tipped it down the sink, not my cup of tea at all.

Think I will pop in tonight and change my chocs to something else, do you think she will let me weigh in and pee on a stick as its only Day two.

Hi Kazd

I wouldn't have thought your llc will weigh you yet, our llc made us wait til day 3/4.. but it's worth a try!! Do tell us your progress if you do get weighed.

Good luck! :)

Sweety x :sign0144:

Back