August Starters **May contain food talk**

Hey, I'm Lisa. I'm just on LL day two, my first meeting's on Sunday (although i was allowed to start on Weds. I have to admit, I know it's rubbish cos I'm only on day 2 and it's not even mid-day, but I am feeling a little bit hungry and having a bit of a wobble about whether I can do this... Also, I've a holiday planned with friends in mid-September. I feel a bit uncomfortable telling them I'm on this programme, ditto my Mother and my Father who would be hugely hurt and offended if I refused any of the food they cook for me...but how do I avoid eating, or do I just put LL on hold for 5 days for the holiday and avoid my parents (we have a very formal relationship, talking about it is not an option!) ? If anyone has any advice or encouraging words I'd be really grateful! Good luck with your journeys! Lisa xxx

Welcome Lisa,

You will feel a million times better come day 4 ish, once your body goes into ketosis you won't feel hungry any more and you will feel really energetic too so stick with it, you'll be glad you did!! Especially when you get to your week 1 weigh in and see you've lost at least 5lbs-ish...

As for friends and parents, I haven't told my friends and at the moment am just avoiding seeing them in 'eating' situations but I don't know how long I can keep that up for...
My dad doesn't know that I am doing this programme but my mum does, again I make sure I don't go around there close to a meal time, only for a cuppa and I take one of my savoury drink sachets with me and have that rather than tea....
Hope this helps and best of luck

Sweety x :sign0144:

Last edited:
Starting LL

Hi there

I had my first LL meeting on Tuesday,

I have an appointment with my doctor today to get teh forms signed off and all being well should be starting on the 9th September

I cant wait to start

x

2nd day!

Hi
I'm on my 2nd day of CD and finding things harder than i thought i would, not really hungry but just want to eat something! anything!!!
Water is soooo boring!!

Lisa x :sigh:

Hi Lisa, I know the feeling... I haven't found the diet too bad - the shakes are going down well, and I would even say I enjoy them! However, I am craving 'food'... something to chew, something with texture etc... but you've just got to look at the bigger picture... think back to this time last year, what you were doing and how you felt and then look forward to next year and try and imagine how you will be then, and what you will be doing that you can't do at the moment!! It is SO exciting!!!

And yes - the Water Thing is tough - I am notorious for not drinking. Ever. I am famous for it... and now I have to somehow slug four litres and it is a pain in the bum!

**Does anyone on here have any tips for how to do it, any little tips or challenges you set yourself????**

Annaphylactic x

hello

good luck on LL programe. i have just started week 9 and already lost 2stone 6llb

keep up the good work, the rewards are fanastic

xx

Water is soooo boring!!

Hey Lisa,

If you're finding plain water boring, do you know if you can get any flavourings to add to it to pep it up a bit. On LL we have two flavourings available, st clements (which is a citrus one) and fruits of the forest. I haven't tried either myself but have heard from the other girls in the group that they are fab, and also that if you add them to sparkling water they taste as good as fizzy pop!!

And yes - the Water Thing is tough - I am notorious for not drinking. Ever. I am famous for it... and now I have to somehow slug four litres and it is a pain in the bum!

**Does anyone on here have any tips for how to do it, any little tips or challenges you set yourself????**

Annaphylactic x

Hi Anna,

I'm was really bad with water drinking prior to LL aswell, I'd have loads of days where I literally wouldn't even have one glass of water... but since starting I've made a real effort to drink my 3-4l as I've been told that if you don't drink enough water, your weight loss is slower coz the water flushes the fat and waste products from your body... that is enough to scare me into drinking like a fish!!

I try and pace myself through the day and I kind of plan my water drinking coz if I just filled up a 2l bottle in the morning and said right I'm going to drink this today it just wouldn't happen. So what I do is:
drink 1/2 litre (equiv of a small water bottle) before breakfast
drink two 1/2 litre bottles between breakfast and lunch
drink two 1/2 liter bottles between lunch and dinner
drink two 1/2 litre bottles between dinner and bedtime shake
That's 3 1/2 litres and I figure that extra water from shakes and any tea / coffee / savoury drinks that I have makes it up to 4l - try it that way, somehow it doesn't seem so much especially as you are drinking it in half litres

Good luck x

Hey Anna, thanks for your message! I've just read your blog which is just wonderful - really (th)inspirational. Thank-you, it's really generous for you to share like that! I see that you have the LL 'recipes, other than that I don't know what to advise to get that 'crunch'. I have heard that some people 'chew' their water, soups and shakes and that works for them. I know exactly what you mean with the water, me too. Sweety's advice is fab. I wonder if drinking water is 'naturally thin' people's secret! I also asked my counsellor about it. She said that THREE litres is ok, four is better, but three is ok. She also said that other members put rubber bands or hair bobbles around their wrist, one for each half litre and take them off after they drink that amount. It's to act as a reminder as much as anything else...
Sorry, no real 'answers' but it may help.
Well done for your weight loss so far!
Lisa xxx.

Oh no! Sorry to hear you are having a tough time of it KellyG! Just pop a paracetamol, get some rest and you will feel better in no time :) x

I know it only means it's working and it will be gone tomorrow but :(!
Anyway the actual food packs are fine, not hungry and water is going down a treat! :)
I can actually see a difference already!
How is everyone else doing?

I am hungry and still feeling deprived, can't stop thinking about next week when I go away for work, the dinner won't be a problem its the fried breakfast that I can't stop thinking about.

Am hoping that once ketosis kicks in then these issues will dissapear.

ps
My husband tells me my breath is pretty awful so guess that means its working.
Have one shake left was planning on vanilla and coffee but I am now thinking about having my 3rd chicken soup which is lovely with tabasco and black pepper.

Please tell me day 3 gets better, also I have a headache and have taken paracetomol but its not shifted it.

Awww Kazd! Sorry to hear you are feeling poo... not too sure what to suggest, apart from to try and reassure you that IT WILL GET BETTER! Obviously, I am only a day or two ahead of you - but I have felt better day on day as far as cravings are concerned... I am sure that by next week you will be feeling great - you will have one very successful weigh in under your belt and be ready to take on the world.

Weirdly I was talking to my boyfriend earlier, describing full english breakfasts to him (he is Mexican, living in MX, sob)... made me really want to eat... I am such a div, lol.

STAY STRONG! x

TOO MUCH INFO ALERT!

Okay, I am cringing as I type this - but I just want to make sure that this is normal....

I don't remember 'going to the toilet' *ahem* since I started... certainly not in the last three days... not feeling in pain or anything, but surely that's not good. I have heard constipation is common in Lighter Life, but I am drinking plenty of water, and am not too sure what else I can do to get things 'moving', lol... have the rest of you found this side of things has ceased??

(Blush)

x

I did go yesterday but thats the first time since I started.

Day three, my LLC gave me a couple of keto sticks last night, one for me and one for my friend but my friend said she wasn't bothered and would wait until our meeting to test. So I tested this morning and its definitely salmon pink so I am on my way. I also weighed myself again this morning and am 2lb down on yesterday.

Have still got mild headache and still feeling slightly hungry. I know what ketosis feels like but a, wondering whether ketosis doing ll is different to Atkins. With Atkins you are eating but have that almost gaggy feeling of not wanting to eat. Can anyone who is well into it describe the feeling of ketosis on this diet.

Hey all,

Just thought I'd stick my head in here as I'm an August starter too. Currently on day 2 and am feeling better today. Think the carb withdrawal is starting to lift as I didn't have any for 2 days before I started. Have my pop in tomorrow to pee on the stick! Oh joy!

Hi Guy! Well done getting through the first couple of days - they were definitely the trickiest for me - I am only on day 5 now, but feeling great. In fact, Kazd - today I really do feel "Atkinsy", if that makes sense... I only remembered I hadn't had breakfast about 15 minutes ago - after being at work for over two hours!! And now, as I am drinking it I am just not fussed. I will make sure I do, but there is just no hunger! I haven't done a pee test yet - but am convinced I will be fine on Sunday at my weigh in. :eek:) Oh my god - had my first bar last night... the peanut one.... WOW! I nearly collapsed with pleasure at the experience of chewing again! Hahahaha :D

Have a great day fellow Augusters and miniminners in general!!!!

Me x

Just so you all know... I have added you all (those that are August starters, or close enough) to my contacts and you will probably be getting friend requests too... I've never really 'done the forum thing' before - but I am hoping this makes it easier to keep track of everyone so we can all stay in touch on our journey... I'll let you know if it makes the blindest bit of difference!! :D

(Eurghhh.... is is just me or are Hermasetas sweeter than normal sweeteners?? Just put two in my vanilla latte and almost gagged with each sip - was SO sweet, yuck!)

Back