August Starters **May contain food talk**

Hey all. I have my first meeting on Wednesday night after a 4 week wait.

Can't wait to get going!

Hello Guy. How are you doing?

Ok - one shake down - only several hundred to go!! :D Ha ha ha. Was pleased that I quite enjoyed the shake - was worried I wouldn't be able to stomach it cos I'm quite fussy - put some coffee and ice into a vanilla and crushed it. Yummy!

Babs11 - yes it is 50 posts for full privaledges... but you can put a little pic on your posts (like mine <<) after 20 :eek:)

How are you all doing today? x

well i better keep babbling on if i want to see more inspiration of other pictures.....
feeling good today, only slight problem downstairs, can we have immodium, diacalm etc?
babs

Hey babs - yes - from what I can gather from the info booklet, you can take all normal medication- but avoid liquids like cough syrup etc because of the sugar content :) Hope you feel better later x x

thanks anna feeling fine but had to dash into sainburys earlier for the loo....it was a bit noisy too (sorry tmi!!!) could this be caused by drinking 2L of soda water?
feeling great now, glad i stuck it out.

Ha ha ha - I think we all need to get used to hearing TMI, it is probably par for the course on this diet! I am only just at the end of day one and feeling a bit worried cos the four different flavours I had today didn't go down too well... :S I will persevere! :eek:) Are you managing the 4L of water? I only had 2L today, but will make the effort to up that day by day... I just don't think about drinking, particularly after a pint of shake! When is your first weigh in? x

Oh, and KazD - enjoy your meeting tomorrow and good luck with your first few days! I am one day down (just a few hundred to do, hahaha), and looking forward to getting into ketosis! Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on :) x

hi anna, my first weigh in is tonight, cant help but hope its high. i'm not counting exactly how much i'm drinking but i think its about 4L. i was drinking plain water and a couple of cups of black tea and then in from lunchtime would start a 2L bottle of soda water and finish it all. but we know what that did to me!! so will stick mainly with plain water. not enjoying the black tea yet but think its helping settle my tummy.
because i felt so rough on day 2 and 3 its keeping my water intake up as i dont want to feel like that again.
how you getting on with the shakes, which ones have you had? if you're not keen maybe make them smaller and get em down. i make my shakes to a glass full. i'm using a hand blender now which makes it really thick so gives a feeling of fullness.
the only thing i've hated so far was the fruit bar - yak it made me gag!!
x

Do you not get instructions with the shakes ie how much water are you supposed to add to the shake.

Do you not get instructions with the shakes ie how much water are you supposed to add to the shake.

I think there is information in the Week One booklet about how much to add, but I tend to just add water until it is about right! There are all sorts of recipes on here for making thai chilli crisps, chocolate muffins and even ice cream out of the packs! (Hang on, chips, cake and icecream?! That's the reason I'm here in the first place!! :D)

x

Oh so you get information to read, I know you get some weight loss tools and believe one of them is a pedometer but wasn't sure about the rest.

Yep... in my first meeting we were given a rather fetching sackcloth bag with a shaker, pencil, magnet and foodpacks for the week. There is also your record book where your stats get written each week, with some further information in, and there was a small A5 booklet dedicated to Week One that answers questions about things you may encounter. It is all very comprehensive.

I think the pedometer comes on Week 2 or 3... :)

x

I am very excited I am leaving in two hours. My class starts at 5.45.

As there is only approx 12 in a group does that mean you sit for an hour and chat and have a talk from the counsellor.

By the way did you have any say in what packs you got. And was the fetching sack cloth bag a lighter life bag. I wonder if all counsellors provide the same things or whether they have a choice with what they supply.

Do you get measured as well, sorry lots of questions I know.

Ha ha ha - it's ok - that is what we are here for! Yes, the bag is a Lighter Life bag with green straps - not too bad actually - quite discreet. :eek: Our meeting was 2 hours - of which about half an hour was spent with our LLC weighing and measuring everyone (she will measure hip, waist and bust) and doing the 'before' photo, hee hee. After that we watched a DVD, and then did introductions to the rest of the group (we were put into pairs to interview each other, then the other person told the rest of the group about you). Then there was a lemon exercise about the power of the imagination, and a bit more of a chat.

You can choose which packs you want - you have an order form they take you through. I would recommend trying one or two of each, as you never know what you will like and not like. You get 28 in the first week... these are all included in the £66.. but you can also opt to buy water flavourings which are £9 each but last ages!

Phew! You'll probably find it will be different for you - I think each LLC does their own thing apart from the DVDs which are the same for all of us.

Good luck! Enjoy it! xxx

hi all, had my first weigh in tonight 9lb off cant believe it.
i got the bag and foundation book today and got the pedometer last week, its crap! i walked the length of my lounge and it said i'd taken 77 steps!! actually maybe it's great!!
hows everyone doing...??
babs

I went to my meeting tonight, got weighed in and have put a 1lb on whilst I have been away which I find amazing as I ate a bar of chocolate most nights. Anyway, have go my lovely sack, swapped the peanut bar and the mushroom soups as I know I won't like them and I am good to go in the morning.

Just had to delete my ticker as I could not remember my pin to change it and needed to add the extra pound.

I have got several pedometers, I assume it comes with instructions. You usually need to set it up and measure your normal stride length to set it correctly.

Will probably post tomorrow with an update of how I am getting on. I hope I am not hungry but sure I can get through it as I know once Ketosis kicks in I won't be hungry.

My first day today...and I have a headache already! I know that I'm hungry because my stomach is sounding like a race track. I'm trying not to think of the things I'd like to eat and drink water instead. It feels like ages since the last shake :eek: I didn't realise what a negative attitude I have until now, I have to engage positive thinking!
I will do this, I will do this, I will do this!

Good luck to everyone .......:D

Back